Guitar Player's Thread

That tone sucked serious ass. That wah sound you are talking about is the result of having the mids all the way up AND the tube screamer on. Scoop that shit if you are going to have the TS on. And if you want to get rid of that 'boomy' or 'boxy' sound scoop lower-mid range frequencies.

EDIT: @Jose, whats the little desceding run you played at the start of your angels don't kill video?

It's a simple run, like this:

run.jpg

Hammer ons/pull offs all the way and bend the last 3rd fret on A string like hell :)

I am tempted to sell my RR24 and get something else now...lol.

Seriously though, i am thinking of going with it to amfisound and having a total service of it and selling it...

Really? :)

3. 7 strings are for Nevermore, and who the hell wants a guitar with an ODD number of strings, and then your bassist is like "wtf doos i doos? I has to buy 6 strings nows to beats guitarists!"

:lol::lol::lol:

I was snowboarding in France for a week, that was fun!

Fuck you, now I'm jealous! :mad:

How I fixed my RR neck dive...

img1235936797953.jpg

lead fishing weights.

Mine doesn't do neck dive :ill:

I was gonna play on my babeh, then plug in the jack, and discovered it:The piece was in the bag, so was probably bumped into something and it broke

I can glue it, but it won't be the same Or I can use black tape and tape it back on, make it look badass.

It's like having a baby with downs syndrome

Sorry to hear about it man.

I'm almost finishing designing my band's myspace (yeah myspace is teh gayz i know), It looks super metal. I'm really proud of myself considering my limited graphic design and html skills.

I'll try to get some "demo" recordings started so I can finally fuckin launch this band after like 2 years of nothing lol

Nice man! I want to see some stuff from that band you're gathering!

What? You got a Gator Extreme aswell?:lol: I feel for you man, i got the same one!

I am in real need of money. I am planning on doing some big changes in my rig. Selling my Peavey Studiopro for 200€ then selling my Randall RH50T head and finally the RR24 with the hardcase. Instead i would get the Schecter Blackjack/Hellraiser or a Loomis and also a Bugera 6260 of some sort. Might even get a 2x12 Combo if someone would want to buy the Bugera-Behringer cab i have. Esentially i just want to sell the Studiopro and Randall...might sell the Jackson. Just going to do a deep clean of it,replace worn screws and change strings/tune it to E/set up floyd rose.

You really want to sell it? :)

Yes, these mids are a little bit too much, but don't go for a scooped sound. It will help you sounding good if you play without a backing, but if you play with other instruments, you'll need the mids. So no, please don't use the scooped sound.

On another note: I feel a bit stupid because it took me ages until I realized that you can download POD farm for free if you have the toneport. Just in case someone else made the same mistake (Ensi?):

Start Line6 Monkey
Go to the "Updates" card (not the other ones, you'll only see purchase buttons there)
Click on "POD Farm" and then update it
Monkey will download it first so that you can install it before you update it

The cool thing is the Bi-Amping. Two Amps at the same time rock, especially if one of them has nearly no distortion what gives you more attack. You can import your presets, too.

Yes, these mids are a little bit too much, but don't go for a scooped sound. It will help you sounding good if you play without a backing, but if you play with other instruments, you'll need the mids. So no, please don't use the scooped sound.

I like the high mid'ish sound. But yes I have a little bit too much of it on my preset.

Scooped sounds may sound cool when alone but in a band = no way.

On another note: I feel a bit stupid because it took me ages until I realized that you can download POD farm for free if you have the toneport. Just in case someone else made the same mistake (Ensi?):

Start Line6 Monkey
Go to the "Updates" card (not the other ones, you'll only see purchase buttons there)

The cool thing is the Bi-Amping. Two Amps at the same time rock, especially if one of them has nearly no distortion what gives you more attack. You can import your presets, too.

I never actually cared about POD farm. But I should try that bi-amping stuff you mentioned.

Holy shit! Thank you! I had no idea you could do that. I downloaded it and it looks super badass, the dual amp thing is really sweet too!.

ahahaha

I'm really thinking about selling my GP-1000 and getting an ENGL pre-amp to replace it mmmmm

Here's some clips of it.
http://backmask.com/sneapforum/Kazrog ENGL No Maxon.wav
http://backmask.com/downloads/audio/Arrival (Superior 2.0 Drums).mp3

Apparently it also has a switch on the back of it that allows you to run the pre-amp's headphone out directly into a cab without a power-amp, It gets loud enough for jamming that way too I've heard. neat feature!

^What power amp do you use with the GP-1000?
ENGL power amps and GP-1000s go together well. If you have the possibility to try it out, without comitting to buy the power amp - do it.

I have a peavey classic 50/50. I don't think that an ENGL power-amp would make that much of a difference, Ive tried my GP-1000 though Mesa and Marshall power-amps and it didn't make that much of a difference.

^Cool one! I like the lead tone, it really fits the AE kind of thing.

Start Line6 Monkey

THANKS! I didn't know that and I was interested in the bi-amping thing, so fucking awesome. Thanks a lot man! :kickass: