Guitar Player's Thread

You guys have good taste. :)

But yeah, that Horizon-7 (The Devin Townsend, black one) is probably one of my favorites. Dev actually sold his, since he's designing his own guitar (and amp).

And I don't blame you Muffin for disliking Singlecuts. It took me until recently to like them. Back when I started I loved them, but then failed to every find one that lived up to my expectations. None of them felt right to me. But having tried the ESP ones, I think I've been won over again.

On the other hand, I've always really wanted to like strat/superstrat shapes, but they've never really done it for me.

My dream guitar hasn't been built yet, but I got me a quote from Shamray in Russia for a custom guitar with the following specs:

- Sevenstring with 27" Scale length (!)
- Body Shape: RG7 Series by Ibanez
- Neck Shape: Wizard I/II by Ibanez BUT with 27 frets (!). AANJ please.

- Woods body: mahogany + flamed maple top in transblue
- Woods neck: maple all the way, not painted, satin finish

- Trem: Lo-Pro Edge 7 oder OFR 7
- Controls: Volume+Tone

- Pickups: H-H: Tone Zone 7 (bridge) + Air Norton 7 (Neck). ZEBRA Pups.

- Inlays: Black Offset Dots

- Binding: Cream, only on the top edges of the body.

- Mechanics: Gotoh/Schaller/Sperzel, whatever

Would have cost me appr. 1960$ IIRC.
And yes, I know that it's more or less an Ibanez with slight variations, but what should I do? Ibanez featured only 3 models with a 27" scale, and at least 2 of them are out of production and pretty rare.

You could awlays get a Agile Interceptor 7 and customise it a bit. Their most 7 strings are 27" what i know. This is something i worry about...If it will be impossible for me to play on one of those :lol:

That's some kickass specs too!

The custom ghostrider from IR2, but with a single coil in the neck and middle position!

capt1.jpg

You guys have good taste. :)

But yeah, that Horizon-7 (The Devin Townsend, black one) is probably one of my favorites. Dev actually sold his, since he's designing his own guitar (and amp).

And I don't blame you Muffin for disliking Singlecuts. It took me until recently to like them. Back when I started I loved them, but then failed to every find one that lived up to my expectations. None of them felt right to me. But having tried the ESP ones, I think I've been won over again.

On the other hand, I've always really wanted to like strat/superstrat shapes, but they've never really done it for me.

Haha, i wonder if i'll ever like LP's, it's been 5 years now, learned to love so many shapes i used to dislike, still can't stomach LP's

Oh god, i am really having a hard time deciding which guitar to look for.

Right now my interests are:

Agile Septor 727 Black Flamed maple

This one looks gorgeous, I just can't be sure...i wish i could try one of these. Also wish they made something like red burst with maple fretboard.

Schecter Loomis 7 - but since this one is discontinued as a non-trem i have no idea if it's worth it. The Maple neck is just fucking gorgeous and it looks awesome...i just hate the fact i would have to pay a 150€ more for something i really don't prefer on it. Also, it might be just me but a guitar with FR feels like it doesn't have as "solid" tone as a guitar that doesn't have a huge fucking chunk of wood removed from it.

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser

Yeah, this wouldn't be bad either...but i would have one in black or something then. I really don't know :lol:

I hadn't been on the Agile site for a while, but I just checked it out and holy titfuck some of their new guitars are awesome:
intrepidpro8nat5.jpg

intrepidpro8nat3.jpg
intrepidpro8nat4.jpg

Those screams are incredible Umosay! :kickass:
With the clean singing I think you are mostly not really singing in the right key, though :p

Thanks guys :D

@Flappy: haha :p that's the first time i've ever tried to record clean vocals... thought it would be better to try :lol:

Record it anyway, I would like to hear your audition. I did one :D http://www.sendspace.com/file/5gyju5

That was quite good! Good luck if you've sent it! :kickass:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/news/f_products/2009/Fireman/index.html

New Ibanez Fireman minisite. Click on "videos" to get a nice Paul Gilbert video which tells us one more time who the boss in the ring is.

Thanks a lot! That guy is so fucking awesome. We all know that, but I can't help saying it again :lol:

Paul Gilbert is the man.

Not only is he insanely skilled, he's really musical. Plus, he's extremely funny and humble. And an amazing teacher.