Guitar Player's Thread

Necrö;8131928 said:
stop ruining the guitar player's thread.

P1100902.jpg

P1100912.jpg

Very nicely done, Flappy! The only thing I would have done differently were the artificial harmonics, I would have vibratoed them more to give them the Zakk Wylde effect, but then again, it's not to everyone's taste. Nothing more I could hear that really needed work.
I'll take it into consideration :D Thanks dude!
I also need to tweak the tone a bit for Norther recordings I guess.

Nice solo Flappy btw :)
Cheers!

YEAH? WELL IM ON A BOAT MOTHA FUCKA DONT YOU EVER FORGET!
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7437042
Nice :D

Shot :D one of my favourite Norther songs for sure.
Yea it's an awesome song.
I'm trying to make a guitar pro tab of Nothing now. Probably my favorite song. Couldn't really find any good tabs anywhere :mad:

Fucking sweet, there was another tab of it floating around somewhere but it was a bit lame. I look foreward to it!
Yea well it's actually my first real tab so don't get your hopes up too high :lol:
But I'll post it here when finished.

And thanks Umosay, downloading now.
EDIT: Whoa where did you get those? Some pretty accurate stuff in there. The solo in Day of Redemption is partly missing/inaccurate though. I used the one on Ultimate Guitar which turned out to be pretty good.

Yea well it's actually my first real tab so don't get your hopes up too high :lol:
But I'll post it here when finished.

And thanks Umosay, downloading now.
EDIT: Whoa where did you get those? Some pretty accurate stuff in there. The solo in Day of Redemption is partly missing/inaccurate though. I used the one on Ultimate Guitar which turned out to be pretty good.

A guy from the Norther forum use to do them, you can tell by the colour codings which are his. Btw, here's his Nothing version, never quite finished it though..

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0mkzi9

Ok thanks, yea that tab looks like a lot of the other tabs. In the main riff they all have:
|----------------------------------------------------------||
|---------------------------------------------------------o||
|----------------------------------------------------------||
|---------5---------------------------5--------------------||
|---------5---------------------------5-------------------o||
|-3-3-3-3---3---3-3-3---------3-3-3-3---3---3-3-3----------||

That really doesn't seem right in my ears. I think it's played one string higher.
But I'm off to bed now :)

@Necromancer:

That song was epic!! I liked your vocals, despite people saying they lacked power etc

Also, what did you use to record the keyboard parts? And what recording equipment do you have?

Hey dude, thanks. I was pretty far away from the dynamic mic I'm using (57) so it sounds a bit thin anyways. Everyone tells me I sound meaner live :lol:

Keys are just straight Reason 4 with a shit load of combinator patches going.

My chain for gutiars are-

RR24 + J50BC > Bad monkey OD > Gp1k > PV CL 6060 > Genz Benz Gflex > 57 > SP VTB-1 > EMU 1212m

Did some EQ'ing + C4 in the rhythm bus.

Leeads just have some delay/plate verb + less EQing

Vox are the same chain - 57 > SP VTB-1 > EMU 1212m

Did a high pass to get rid of the boomyness then a high shelf to give it air. A good amount of compression (avg 4db) with a pretty fast attack.

Bass is Epiphone POS w/ EMG's >VTB-1 (full tube mode) > EMU

All through Behringer Truth monitors.

SSPX0015.jpg

I'll be using this btich next time for bass, 1979 Gibson Artist RD. Sounds fucking HUGEEEEEE

img1236530859930-1.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: so much shit