Guitar Player's Thread

So my guitar is sold now(I think :lol:). Shipping it next week and then I am starting to look for guitars. I think i might lay back a while and wait for Schecter Loomis non-trem 7s to pop up. There seems to pop up a couple in a week on ebay. If i can grab one of those i will be like :Smokin::Smokin::Smokin::Smokin::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:. IF not i will probably try to get my hands on a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser or a Agile Septor 7+pair of EMG 707s.

How much money did you get for it, if I may ask?

The Agile Septor looks nice, but isn't the neck painted? And the arched bodys don't attract me. Other than that, nice guitars.

Oh, and I don't know if you already know the function: You can save searches on ebay so that they notify you when a schecter loomis pops up.

How much money did you get for it, if I may ask?

The Agile Septor looks nice, but isn't the neck painted? And the arched bodys don't attract me. Other than that, nice guitars.

Oh, and I don't know if you already know the function: You can save searches on ebay so that they notify you when a schecter loomis pops up.

Yeah, but quite honestly i got nothing against painted necks. The maple necked ones are not painted though i suppose.

These are the 2 i am particularly interested in!

septor727tribalpurple1.jpg

septor727bkq1.jpg

Especially the 1st one really gives the Loomis Vampyre red finish a serious competitor!

I asked 950€ for it and with that he gets the hardshell case too. It's got fresh setup/strings too and it plays badass. And otherwise not in any bad condition so I can't ask less for it. In a year those limited models will be very hard to find anyways...just not my cup of tea anymore. It does feel a bit fucked up to let go of it though.

Thanks for the tip on ebay ;) Will put it to notify!

@Tim: Yeah, those are extremely nice!

EDIT: Actually, having just owned one guitar with a satin neck (Bc Rich Warlock) I can almost say i prefer painted necks. They just have a nice slick grip for me...

Well it depends. On a 7 string you are not likely to change tunings alot so..? Do you use the tremolo alot?

I just got a message from Kurt at Rondo music! Excellent! He answered all my questions, very fast. I e-mailed him like 2 hours ago...very very nice! He said Finland is no problem for him to ship. Looks like the Agile guitars are built only at demand and at a very limited rate since i asked how much it would cost for one with EMGs and he said it would basically make it more like a custom shop and the build time is 6 months and approx 999$. I am very interested in a Black Quilted top Septor...*drewl*

I am a bit worried. The Agile Septors have 27 inch scale. Which is supposed to be a good thing in terms of clarity and articulation...I'm just wondering if i can reach anything with it anymore it having a baritone scale :lol: I am 100% sure now It's going to be the Schecter Loomis 7 without Trem or the Agile Septor 727 Quilted black top.

I have a question about guitar.. I have been playing acoustic guitar for like a month, and actually all I want to do is play chords so I can sing with it cause my 'main instrument' is my voice. I'm trying to play Hotel California by the Eagles and with the first two chords I have to place a capo on the second fret. However, on the next two chords I can't play with the capo and on other chords in the song I have to put it back on. And it's kinda weird that I have to stop playing to get the capo on and off my guitar.. so is there like, a solution for this? I find it quite hard to cover the fret with my finger but if that's the only way I can always try it, but maybe someone here knows what I can do.

I have a question about guitar.. I have been playing acoustic guitar for like a month, and actually all I want to do is play chords so I can sing with it cause my 'main instrument' is my voice. I'm trying to play Hotel California by the Eagles and with the first two chords I have to place a capo on the second fret. However, on the next two chords I can't play with the capo and on other chords in the song I have to put it back on. And it's kinda weird that I have to stop playing to get the capo on and off my guitar.. so is there like, a solution for this? I find it quite hard to cover the fret with my finger but if that's the only way I can always try it, but maybe someone here knows what I can do.
hi,
google for barré chords ;)

Well it depends. On a 7 string you are not likely to change tunings alot so..? Do you use the tremolo alot?

I just got a message from Kurt at Rondo music! Excellent! He answered all my questions, very fast. I e-mailed him like 2 hours ago...very very nice! He said Finland is no problem for him to ship. Looks like the Agile guitars are built only at demand and at a very limited rate since i asked how much it would cost for one with EMGs and he said it would basically make it more like a custom shop and the build time is 6 months and approx 999$. I am very interested in a Black Quilted top Septor...*drewl*

I dunno about the tuning.. I would probably write songs in ADGCFAD, as opposed to BEADGBE.. But I would wanna play some SS stuff in that tuning.. I love the FR though, cos it's just fun to muck about with, despite limited the awesomeness of palm muting..

As for your custom shop Agile, you definitely need to name it "The Phenom COBOT" :lol:

I am a bit worried. The Agile Septors have 27 inch scale. Which is supposed to be a good thing in terms of clarity and articulation...I'm just wondering if i can reach anything with it anymore it having a baritone scale :lol: I am 100% sure now It's going to be the Schecter Loomis 7 without Trem or the Agile Septor 727 Quilted black top.

I don't think 2 inches will make much different.. Well, 1.5..

Honestly, you'll probably notice the string tension more than anything.

You have to learn how to do barre chords. They aren't easy, and take a lot of practice, but they're a must for any guitar player. Barre chords are just one of those things which are very simple in concept, but in practice just take time and consistent effort until they're second nature.

It might help if you use really light gauge strings, so it isn't as hard on your fingers. You can always move up when it's easy for you.

so with my new band the drummer plays guitar as well and hes letting me use his guitars at my disposal so now i get to use a white ltd ex-400 and a realllly nice 7 string ibanez :D its fucking badass, he said i can use em and borrow em whenever i want because he never plays em and i can use em live :)

Sounds awesome dude.

That LoG/Bodom show in Seattle should be good. As I Lay Dying, as they're missing that show, is being replaced by Suicidal Tendencies, which is amazing.

LOG and As I Lay Dying... wow, that would really prevent me from buying a ticket.

Hi everybody!
I wanted to ask if someone needs a lee jackson perfect connection gp 1000 (the marshall version) because i've bought it a few weeks ago and it sounded good on my ht blackstar at home but in rehearsal room with my vht 50/50, the sound was too crunchy and typical alexi so i wanna sell it.
if you are interested send me PN

Alex

i bought it but i've totally different speakers, and PU. but the sound was too indifferent. i've a ada mp 2 with tubemod and it sounds pretty similar to the gp1000 but not in any case as sloppy as the gp1000. the gp hides really many mistakes with the ada i've a warmer tone and it has an amazing attack. and the nex thing is, that i route everything via midi. i wanted to try out the gp because everybody says it sound amazing but also with a dunlop zakk wylde overdrive and eq, the gp sounded ...
i mean recording with this preamp in studio is something totally different so i cant judge because i've already recorded my guitartracks for my upcoming cd with the ada but for live or rehearsing, no, no gp and it's too expensive for practising because my blackstar costs 350€ and sound really good. so i don't need the gp any longer.