Guitar Player's Thread

I must admit that I haven't played an Indonesian guitar yet, so... the Korean made Ibanez are not top notch aswell but the Loomis seems to be a very good guitar. So who knows if they build good guitars in indonesia.

I must admit that I haven't played an Indonesian guitar yet, so... the Korean made Ibanez are not top notch aswell but the Loomis seems to be a very good guitar. So who knows if they build good guitars in indonesia.

My Ibanez is actually made in Indonesia and it's not bad quality! I would give it a average of 8/10 in quality. Yet, China? What the fuck? I am yet to play a good quality China guitar...

All Korea guitars i have playd have been top notch though. Like my friends LTD EC-400 and his Ibanez aswell. Really nice! Then the 2008 schecters are very nice aswell!

This thread is way too much I want/buy/own/want/want this/that..

that said,

here's my few months old demigodcover, on which I spent 3 evenings on remastering it with a friend, he taught me some good tricks and showed me some plug-ins. The result is amazing in my opinion, but decide for yourself.;)

Old version
New version

So much for good quality indonesia shit. My Ibanez now has a crack in the binding just below the 9th fret. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUu-

So much for good quality indonesia shit. My Ibanez now has a crack in the binding just below the 9th fret. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUu-

lol.

Indonesia and under is a hit and miss thing. You can get an instrument that sounds and plays just fucking amazing, or you can get one that feels and sounds like a pile of cock, and everywhere inbetween. I think i got lucky with my Indonesian Jackson JS30 kelly, i've stuck a Emg81 in it, and it sounds great to me, plays really good. The neck is a bit of a bitch lately, but i honestly don't blame it on anything other than me bringing the guitar in and out of 23 Celcius and -20 celcius a winter, every bloody day. I think it took its toll on the neck. Planning to buy a warmoth neck when i get too much money.

that said,

here's my few months old demigodcover, on which I spent 3 evenings on remastering it with a friend, he taught me some good tricks and showed me some plug-ins. The result is amazing in my opinion, but decide for yourself.;)

Old version
New version

Nice. Can you share some of these tips? :)

that said,

Old version
New version

Holy fuck! How the hell did you do that? The result is amazing indeed, fucking awesome I'd say. May you share some of those tips? :D

I know one guitar which didn't/doesn't have those kind of problems :p

Alright, I need some help from the more experienced players here.

There's a certain kind of lick I've always been unsure about, in terms of knowing how to do it the most efficiently. A lot of guitarists do it, but in terms of CoB, you can hear it -for example- in the beginning of the intro solo on Needled 24-7 and first solo on Hate Me

In tabs, it looks something like this...

--15-12----12-15-12-15-12---12-15-12-15-12---12-17-12-15-12
---------15-------------------15------------------15------------------ etc.

Much appreciated.

What i do is use my index and ring finger for the two notes on the higher string and my middle finger for the 15th fret on the lower.
Or you can just use your index and ring finger for everything, I guess its really preference.

Thanks Steve. :) For me, so far just using index and ring seems easier, but we'll see.

And yeah, there's no reason why you can't put a RR24 in B. It's not like it's a Les Paul-scale guitar. And even then, you just need even bigger strings. You're just be losing that high E.