Guitar Player's Thread

Okay?

What the fuck does any of that have to do with that guitar looking like a Jem?

Clearly, I'm not even the only one who thinks so. But I guess it's just all too easy to get defensive like a five year old and resort to LOLOLOLALEXIFANBOY instead of putting forth a valid response.

Besides, I wasn't attacking you, but you obviously took it that way. God knows why you get that defensive over a guitar you don't even own.

I think what they were getting at was that it's rather ironic for you to call something a ripoff when your entire appearance is a ripoff.. But hey, give a shit?

And Lowberg saves the day with this interesting photo of a time in high school when I abused a substance and literally found a scythe buried in the middle of the woods.

portriatoics014.jpg
dude that is kickass!! :kickass:
now come to NYC! I only have one more day here. I found this awesome jazz bar called Garage + great prices on the happy hour.
So ok guys, EMG 81 or SD Blackout?
:')

Although I haven't tried it, I'd pick the SD Blackout. When I tried the emg 81, it sounded pretty...umm..generic? like everyone has that kind of tone.

Haha, that's awesome Lowberg. Who just leaves a giant scythe buried buried in the woods? It probably killed someone or something, and got hidden away so it wouldn't be found as evidence. :lol:

You're going to get haunted.

And as far as 81's vs. Blackouts goes, I think their better than 9v 81's but not 18v. I think 18v sound better.

@Swabs: I can see your point, but I was just commenting on a guitar, not eveningninja. Besides, I wasn't aware anyone here knew me personally and saw me on a regular basis, as opposed to one or two pictures.

No offence, but if you did that for those particular shots you should have seen this coming :lol:

Shipping off my RR24 tomorrow. Yep, It's gone!

You're completely right Phenom, I totally should have. :lol:

And nice! How much did you get for it? I went to a local guitar shop and was playing a black Hellraiser 7 they had (no floyd) and it was really nice. It even had dual 89's, which added a good dimension to the sound. Wish they had a Loomis to try, though.

Haha, that's awesome Lowberg. Who just leaves a giant scythe buried buried in the woods? It probably killed someone or something, and got hidden away so it wouldn't be found as evidence. :lol:

You're going to get haunted.

The fucked up part is, it was right near this river where this serial killer from the late 80's brutally strangled, raped and killed like 11 people and then dumped their bodies in the river.

Not even kidding
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Shawcross

My friends also found a toolbox full of hunting knives and maps and stuff near there which is creepy also.

Finished vocals for my demo a while ago, if anyone be interested :loco:

http://www.myspace.com/euphoreonband

Sounds nice! Are you going to somehow release it or just on myspace? Sounds really Wintersun-ish, but I like it!

New song too btw

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/616503/The condom broke.mp3

Forgive my shitty quick programming + mixing. Might be getting the 1960a cab this week so hopefully better guitar tones are in my future too.​

Dude your song names are awesome, they make you want to listen as soon as you read them :lol: Checking the song when it gets downloaded, shit is going slow today :erk:

The JEM and the Turilli have not that much in common. In fact, the only thing is, that they're both white.

- different bridges
- different pickups
- different pickup-configuration
- different pickup frames (none vs. black)
- different poti(s)
- different inlays

Only people who have seen a JEM just one time in their life would think of it when looking at the - still incredibly ugly ass - Turilli.

We didn't say it's the same, we said it's a cheap copy/rip-off of the Jem. They're not the same by any means, but it's easy to see similarities between both. Even if the inlays on the Turulli are way worse or that the Jem doesn't have pickup rings. Don't worry, we're not insulting the Jem :lol: Not me at least. I love the Jem (planning to get one when my job consists on something more than a month taking care of spanish students in Ireland :lol:) but I'd never think of getting a Turulli sig.

So ok guys, EMG 81 or SD Blackout?
:')

I have not tried the Blackout, but I have an 81 and I like it quite a bit, so if the Blackout is (or that's what they say) an 81 with more power and less noise I'd say go Blackout go.

sup

i just got an Orange Crush 10 with a malfunction for free from work today! :lol: I think it is this... you know those tube'ish things, and there is alot of black goo all over the place, so i'm gonna change those. I've seen the vid made by RobChappers, and it sounds very nice!

Also, i'm gonna save up for a ENGL Fireball and a cheap cab with V30's in it. Anyone tried this setup? Opinions?

Also2: I found out that, you have to have the FR perfectly balanced i order to make it stay in tune when you go monkeyshit on the poor thing. (?)

Also3: Any news on Jackson/ESP guitars I haven't kept up with?

We didn't say it's the same, we said it's a cheap copy/rip-off of the Jem. They're not the same by any means, but it's easy to see similarities between both. Even if the inlays on the Turulli are way worse or that the Jem doesn't have pickup rings. Don't worry, we're not insulting the Jem :lol: Not me at least. I love the Jem (planning to get one when my job consists on something more than a month taking care of spanish students in Ireland :lol:) but I'd never think of getting a Turulli sig.

Syntax. Of course there are similarities, I believe everyone agrees upon that to an extent. It's whether or not you think the similarities justify it being called a ripoff. If it were being sold to the public, that would be a bit of a different story, but it's not like he's making money off the guitar, so I don't see the need to call it a "ripoff."

sup

i just got an Orange Crush 10 with a malfunction for free from work today! :lol: I think it is this... you know those tube'ish things, and there is alot of black goo all over the place, so i'm gonna change those. I've seen the vid made by RobChappers, and it sounds very nice!

Black goo!? That sounds like a big capacitor or something is leaking acid, I don't really know but be careful man lol

So, my RR24 shipped off today. Yes, It's gone now! Next week I will be trying my luck on a Loomis or a Black C-7 Hellraiser. I heard from Agile that the Septor 727s won't be available before summer :(

Awesome man! 7 strings are sweet, I don't really see myself playing one in a band but I'd like to get one someday just to mess around with.

The Agile stuff sounds like the best deal for the money, that's what I've heard from many people. But if I had an extra grand laying around and really wanted a 7 string this would be it.

207.JPG

Yes indeed! I love 7-string guitars! It just would kill me to wait to the summer for the guitar though. Also, that guitar is fucking sweet! What model is it?

So, my options are down to either the Schecter C-7 Hellraiser non-trem black or the Loomis 7 non-trem. There is a notable price difference but both are sweet guitars. The Schecter molded hardcase was 99$ and I ain't sure i can afford to order one of those yet. Jason from DCGL did say in his mail that it's completely safe to order from him without a hardcase aswell.

FB sounds great with a V30 loaded 4x12. It's not a versatile amp though...

Ah, well all i ask for is that is has an EQ that works, and I get brutal distorted sounds, and clean clean sounds out of it. :)

I was thinking of the ENGL Fireball and a Harley Benton V30 4x12 cab. :)

Black goo!? That sounds like a big capacitor or something is leaking acid, I don't really know but be careful man lol

hah, it's probably true. My dad say those can be bought cheap and he can switch em out. He's an electrician:lol: So he can surely fix it if there is another problem.

Pics:

P1110048.jpg

P1110050.jpg