Guitar Player's Thread

Harley Benton

No.

Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY A HARLEY BENTON. Trust me, I wouldn't buy one even if it had something called Orgasm 30s speakers. It won't be reliable for shit. You will find your cab more times shipped to thomann for repair than actually playing it.

No.

Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY A HARLEY BENTON. Trust me, I wouldn't buy one even if it had something called Orgasm 30s speakers. It won't be reliable for shit. You will find your cab more times shipped to thomann for repair than actually playing it.

Hey the HB Ukulele I bought was good qualit... oh :lol:

So, my RR24 shipped off today. Yes, It's gone now! Next week I will be trying my luck on a Loomis or a Black C-7 Hellraiser. I heard from Agile that the Septor 727s won't be available before summer :(

Got a good price for it, I hope. :)

And those are good choices. Like I said a bit earlier, I've been playing a black C-7 Hellraiser and was pleasantly surprised. Better than I expected. It did heavy really well as well as really nice cleans. Especially with the coil tap on each pickup.

The one thing I would advise you on though is the neck difference between the new and old hellraisers. Supposedly, the new ones have the slightly slimmer profile of the Loomis, but I'm not sure if they're still made in South Korea. And as you can imagine, if they're not, that would possibly compromise overall quality. And as you know, the woods of the Loomis are suited more for lead playing as the ash and maple make it a much brighter guitar. The Hellraiser would be a lot warmer. Plus gloss vs. satin. Though it might me a bit hard to find a non-trem Loomis. Still, I think DCGL has one.

FUCKING AMAZING! :lol:

DCGL has 2 left. I sent Jason a email and he said all Hellraisers he had are made in Korea. Only thing that would actually be quite appealing on the new 2009 models is that they come with actual 'Locking Tuners' Which the 2008 doesn't. I've heard the Schecter Locking Tuners are decent. Well, Loomis used to play a black C-7 Hellraiser and he did sound awesome with that aswell :lol:

I love painted necks...that's the only thing here bothering me :lol: Still, I want a really clear tone but also one that i can chug the shit out of!

I mean the new 2009 ones may not be made in Korea, but yeah.

Either way you'll be getting a great guitar that will still be pretty damn similar to the other if not for those few slight differences.

I mean the new 2009 ones may not be made in Korea, but yeah.

Either way you'll be getting a great guitar that will still be pretty damn similar to the other if not for those few slight differences.

Well, I've heard it's that they make them in all 3 countries(South Korea,China and Indonesia).

Any one into the Caparison Orbit?

orbit_pro_black.jpg

^ Haha, I can see that, although I actually kinda dig the shape. Now that I think about it I find that color quite appealing as well. I really like that guitar! Lol.

Then you might like the Washburn WV. It's their take on the RR-shape, and is kind of like the Caparison one. James Malone (Arsis) has a signature one.

wv40jm.jpg

With other ones looking like...

wv548b.jpg

or pinstriped (white with black, red with black, or as seen here, black with red/orange)

wv40vb.jpg

But I still don't like it very much. The bat paintjob on the Malone one is pretty cool, though I'm not sure on the blue.

I know, right? You'd have to have serious problems and zero self-control.

It's sad, because he's supposed to be (otherwise) a really good guy. Which makes it worse than if it were just some egomaniac douchebag.

Then you might like the Washburn WV. It's their take on the RR-shape, and is kind of like the Caparison one. James Malone (Arsis) has a signature one.

wv40jm.jpg

With other ones looking like...

wv548b.jpg

or pinstriped (white with black, red with black, or as seen here, black with red/orange)

wv40vb.jpg

But I still don't like it very much. The bat paintjob on the Malone one is pretty cool, though I'm not sure on the blue.

Sweet, I do think those are pretty interesting. The pinstriped is my favorite of these three. I probably still prefer the more tried and true RR-shape like most do, but I definitely wouldn't mind having one of these or the Caparison if I had a bunch of extra cash.