Guitar Player's Thread

Thanks Mys and Lowberg. :)

I've decided that once I buy that toneport, I'm selling one of my guitars and building my own custom Strat.

Mahogany body, maple neck, ebony fretboard, H-S-S pickup config, I'm thinking no pickguard, not sure what to do for inlays.

Right now I'm planning on Dimarzio pickups. Either Cruisers in the Middle and Neck, or an HS-3 in the middle and YJM in the neck. Don't know about the bridge.

Unsure about hardware color.

EDIT: Oh, and white neck binding. Body finish will probably an aged, off-white cream color. Or silverburst. Standard strat bridge/trem.

laef62001eb334b2abd497f.jpg

What's the problem? I think it's kinda nice...the headstock fits well too! Also, there are almost no V-guitars with 7 strings.

Simple question for the fruity loops users: How can I use the wav files in fruity loops (on the left side in the packs folder) as soundfonts? I already have a midi track with 3 instruments and I dont find good soundfonts for them. But the wav files sound perfect.

I want this so bad!

sDSCF0572.jpg

Are edge pro III bridges as shitty as everyone makes them out to be? They seem to get a bad rep, but I don't know if it's because they actually do suck or the people just don't know what hell they are doing.

^Why is that?

Because it's the one he's used for ages, and it's one everyone can pretty much already buy just + a trem. The opportunity arised for something great and different that no-one has seen for years to go on sale again. But no, retarded fuckwits denied that chance.

I was just about to post the same thing. :lol:

It does look awesome though, wish I had the money for it.

In my planning of this Strat I'm building, I'm wondering if I should just go all out in S-S-S, or if I should stick to that humbucker in the bridge.

Buying a pair of celestion gt75's tomorrow to throw in the legacy w/ greenbacks in an X pattern.

I need a rack case, new tubes, decimator, another RR, a maxon boost, VHT 2/90, a bunch of other shit.

:(

I was just about to post the same thing. :lol:

It does look awesome though, wish I had the money for it.

In my planning of this Strat I'm building, I'm wondering if I should just go all out in S-S-S, or if I should stick to that humbucker in the bridge.

H-S-S! that's what I did when I built my strat!

Though you could go S-S-S and if you wanted a humbucker they make some humbuckers in single coil sizing.

My advice is to get a body routed for H-S-S so you can do either or.

Buying a pair of celestion gt75's tomorrow to throw in the legacy w/ greenbacks in an X pattern.

I need a rack case, new tubes, decimator, another RR, a maxon boost, VHT 2/90, a bunch of other shit.

:(

Don't like the Peavey Classic power amp?
Yours is the 60/60 right? I dont know why they put the controls on the back of the 60/60 that has to be a pain

Good call, I was thinking the same thing actually.

Besides, I'm not sure I could give up that thicker body of the humbucker, or at least the option of it when I need it.

Still torn between the Dimarzio Cruisers in the neck and middle or a YJM (neck) and HS3 (middle). For the bridge I want to try the Andy Timmons, but I'm not sure how well that could do metal. Aside from that, I have no idea what I could put in... maybe a Tone Zone? Or even an Air Norton or Air Zone. Though they may have a similar problem as the Timmons.

EDIT: Basically, I'm going for the guitar lovechild of Timmons' Ibanez, Cantrell's G&L Rampage, and Yngwie's Strat.

AndyTimmons1.jpg

+

cantrellgwcover.jpg

+

yngwie.jpg

=

?