Guitar Player's Thread

Where's the sense in taking away the sweepy effect? That's why I play economy picking occasionally in the first place.

And if you say Gambale - he's not really an example for aggressive economy picking, most of his solos are famous for their soft, saxophone-like tone.

And I must add that - although fusion is probably my most favorite guitar-only genre (Guthrie, Lane etc.) - I hate Gambales songs. He makes me aggressive with his playing.

I think he means just playing sweeps clean and in time.

You know how some people just like run sweeps as fast as they can and you can only hear like the first and last few notes and just a mess in the middle?
Yeah don't sweep like that, noob mistake

I remember when i was starting out learning to sweep, I had no sense of rhythm with it and it was just a mess...

..I thought I was a sweeping master at the time lol

Basically, dont sweep like this guy lolol

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: Holy shit, from his youtube profile:
"ill straight whoop ur ass in a solo duel on guitar and bass, ehh and drums, but mostly on guitar, if u wanna fuckin challenge run that shit, ill do it son,lol, but for real if u wanna solo duel u got it"

Twat.

Pђoenix;8164648 said:
:lol: Holy shit, from his youtube profile:

Twat.

Last week, Dick Olson sent to me this message''aye man im sick of u fuckin hatin on me ur lucky u dont live here cuz i aint one to fuck with, know wut im sayin, yo i wuz born and raised in Detroit i dont play that shit, like i said ur lucky u dont live round me, i woulda fuckin either shot you beat ur ass, or dropped a brick in a sock and swung it on your dome, but instead of all that, why dont u get a fuckin camera, and i will honestly be serious in the vid, i wanna solo duel you, get a camera record ur best abilities on guitar, post that shit up, and then i will do a solo and put it as a video response to urs, u think ur so much fuckin better than me HA!!! u make me fuckin laugh, like i said i will actually pay attention and be serious on this vid, u will see my real abilities, and when ive won, i want you to jus kill ur self u fuckin faggot ass mommas boy, u wanna do it?

P.S. if you dont wanna do it then admit on you tube i am superior to u fag, cuz i dont want anyother excuses''

I write:Why do a duel against someone who cannot even play it's own instrument!
I'm not going to drop to your level...
Learn how to play guitar!

Does anyone know what the differences are between the new Toneport and the old one?

The only ones I can tell so far is that the new one is black, but it also costs twice as much...

Yeah... :(

I was going to get it a while ago, but I had some medical issues that left me in the hospital for a while. Which costs a lot of money, unfortunately.

And while I still am curious, it's basically of no significance since you can't really find the old one so easily anymore.

Does anyone know what the differences are between the new Toneport and the old one?

The only ones I can tell so far is that the new one is black, but it also costs twice as much...

No difference, the new black ones are exactly the same as the old red ones.

Comes with different software, but if you have the old version you can download the new one for free.

Where's the sense in taking away the sweepy effect? That's why I play economy picking occasionally in the first place.

And if you say Gambale - he's not really an example for aggressive economy picking, most of his solos are famous for their soft, saxophone-like tone.

And I must add that - although fusion is probably my most favorite guitar-only genre (Guthrie, Lane etc.) - I hate Gambales songs. He makes me aggressive with his playing.

I think he means just playing sweeps clean and in time.

You know how some people just like run sweeps as fast as they can and you can only hear like the first and last few notes and just a mess in the middle?
Yeah don't sweep like that, noob mistake

I remember when i was starting out learning to sweep, I had no sense of rhythm with it and it was just a mess...

..I thought I was a sweeping master at the time lol

Basically, dont sweep like this guy lolol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5z94gdEeZo

Exactly what i meant Lowberg. Sorry corny, i guess it was hard to figure out what i meant. To clear things up: When people do economy picking they have a slight rythmic displacement from wanting to rush the sweeping notes, where as Gambale doesn't, giving him the same feel of alternate picking, in a rythmic sense. But his sound isn't aggressive, and that's what i meant :p