Guitar Player's Thread

Holy shit, so nice changes going on I see. If your tone was already good I can't imagine how it's going to sound now :lol:

hahah, I'm hoping to make it less buzzy and more badass. :kickass:

I'm guessing you bought it used and the seller put the greenbacks in?

They should have kept the V30's!

Carvin stuff rules!

It came from the factory like that, this sshit is mint as fuck. He claims to have a friend there that hooked up at the factory.

THis dude is in this local guitar heros band, Tony Smutherman (he had a betcha can't play this in last months guitar world or the month before) so he's legit.

V30's + gp1k = dickshit

He had this mad pedal board with high end shit, a bunch of LP customs, wolfgangs, petruccis, PRS, a bunch of old shit.

Mark IV + cab, tiny terror, three MP-1's, a bunch of cabs, and he lives like 5 mins away.

He would traded the mark IV cab too haha He says I can come back and get something else if I don't dig the legacy

hey guys do you guys generally use alternate picking to play three notes per string scales or economy picking?
Cause i've only used economy picking and now i'm having trouble with alternate.
Any helpful advice to impove my alternate?

He had this mad pedal board with high end shit, a bunch of LP customs, wolfgangs, petruccis, PRS, a bunch of old shit.

Mark IV + cab, tiny terror, three MP-1's, a bunch of cabs, and he lives like 5 mins away.

He would traded the mark IV cab too haha He says I can come back and get something else if I don't dig the legacy

Wow, the dude has some interesting stuff, and good for you if you can try and then swap if you don't like it :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4JKsWenl-E
a solo section from my band's upcoming album

Looking good! I support Corny, hurry up! :kickass:

^Sounds interesting! Hurry up with that album dude!

And lol, all finnish vocalists sound the same:
http://www.myspace.com/thaurorodtheband

:lol::lol::lol:

thanks man,
kinda hard to record an album when your still in high school :erk:

Yep, I know that. Drums recorded in 2007, bass and vocals in 2008, guitars started in 2009 and I still have some rythm tracks to lay down and then all the solos, mix and master. Yep, recording while studying and with tight budget sucks balls.

So, I just sent e-mail to DCGL that I want to reserve a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser! I put it on hold though...till i get the money for the guitar :) So i pay 200$ tomorrow and then until i got the money he keeps it there for me :) I am also ordering a Schecter molded hardshell case with it!

Oh, and it's korea made...and has grover tuners!

hey guys do you guys generally use alternate picking to play three notes per string scales or economy picking?
Cause i've only used economy picking and now i'm having trouble with alternate?

Practice scales at slow speed using consistant alternate picking and really focus on the parts where you usually go down-down or up-up. It might be a bit tricky at first but after a while you'll get it right naturally. A good thing to practice is the natural minor three-note-per-string patterns. Good luck!

Cause i've only used economy picking and now i'm having trouble with alternate?

alternate picking. and it's really important that you get it down asap. for some really good exercises, see PG's Intense Rock (I forget if it's part 1 or 2). he'll get you started in the right direction.

I didn't realize that the LTD Roope model has an unfinished neck.

ESP failed to mention that in their specs.

2046_1.JPG

Pretty awesome!

alternate picking. and it's really important that you get it down asap. for some really good exercises, see PG's Intense Rock (I forget if it's part 1 or 2). he'll get you started in the right direction.

Practice scales at slow speed using consistant alternate picking and really focus on the parts where you usually go down-down or up-up. It might be a bit tricky at first but after a while you'll get it right naturally. A good thing to practice is the natural minor three-note-per-string patterns. Good luck!

I looked at some PG and vids and did what you guys told me.
I kinda panicked and practiced it for quite a while yesterday and its getting mch better haha.
Thanks a lot!

Don't forget that it's not like alternate picking = good, economy picking = bad.

Both approaches sound different: While AP gives you a more aggressive sound and seperates the notes more from each other, EP gives you a more flowing sound because of the little sweeps.

Fucks sake, he's gone back to that shitty HZ-4 again, hello AYDY tone.

Lolz, I don't think his tone ever was something special...just a very trebley one.(That's not what i used to think) I much more prefer the sleek/smoother tone that you could imagine getting with a ENGL.

Welcome to my Hall of Nightmares,
Let's get you out of that skin!
Strip all the flesh from your bones,
To become my final sin!

This is my Hall of Nightmares
Here's were it all will end!
Strip all the flesh from your bones
To become my final sin!

Don't forget that it's not like alternate picking = good, economy picking = bad.

Both approaches sound different: While AP gives you a more aggressive sound and seperates the notes more from each other, EP gives you a more flowing sound because of the little sweeps.

If you have extremely good timing and rythimc sense, you can make economy picking sound pretty aggresive and "non-sweepy". What most people have problem with is that they often rush when there are two successive notes with a sweep.

Frank Gambale is the ultimate master of economy picking, check him out!