Guitar Player's Thread

Children Of Bodom - Silent Night, Bodom Night (Live_Backing_Track)

I recently uploaded a backing track of SNBN from Tokyo Warhearts with just Alexander's guitar part but as some of you may know, Alexi doesn't always play the lead part in this song so I've now made a 100% rhythm BT for this song from the same performance.

Some parts are Alexi (verse) and others are Alexander (solo) so there's no lead guitar in it, except for that intro open string picking bit but I left Alex's guitar in because most people learn Alexi's part.

BUMP for the G Blues jam once again. I'm going to sort it out next Tuesday or Wednesday so send me a solo by then or miss out. There's some killer stuff to look forward to so make sure you check it out.

I'll probably do another one of these "backing track" type things with some songs from HCDR or FtR soon because the gtrs are actually panned quite far apart, might work nicely.

hellz yes

UBERBASTARDMLRZRBK (11).JPG

Children Of Bodom - Silent Night, Bodom Night (Live_Backing_Track)

I recently uploaded a backing track of SNBN from Tokyo Warhearts with just Alexander's guitar part but as some of you may know, Alexi doesn't always play the lead part in this song so I've now made a 100% rhythm BT for this song from the same performance.

Some parts are Alexi (verse) and others are Alexander (solo) so there's no lead guitar in it, except for that intro open string picking bit but I left Alex's guitar in because most people learn Alexi's part.

I'll probably do another one of these "backing track" type things with some songs from HCDR or FtR soon because the gtrs are actually panned quite far apart, might work nicely.

These backing tracks sound pretty cool, did you spend much time to edit them?

These backing tracks sound pretty cool, did you spend much time to edit them?

Nah, it was a 10min job. You can sometimes hear the editing where I did it rough and the tonal differences between Alexi's and Alexander's guitar too.

I don't like that Dime guitar thing at all. :heh:

I feel like an idiot asking this, but.. When sweep picking, do you have to pick the 2nd note on the last string or do you hammer it?? Since I can't even understand my question, I'll just illustrate it for you :lol:

e|-------12-17-12-------|
B|----13----------13----|
G|-14----------------14-|
D|----------------------|
A|----------------------|
E|----------------------|

or..

e|-------12h17p12-------| (pull-off optional)
B|----13----------13----|
G|-14----------------14-|
D|----------------------|
A|----------------------|
E|----------------------|

Or does it go by tastes?

Sorry if this post contains lots of errors.. but I'm too lazy to check it and im kinda tired right now.. Thanks..

I pick them all, it sounds very consistent.

I don't mind the guitar just not in those colours, airbrush rusty look ftw

Although I don't think I'd ever buy one, theres just not enough love.

I really like the xiphos I'm thinking about selling my explorer to get one. But of course I must get my hands on one beforehand, I'm hoping for good things from this axe. :heh: