Guitar Player's Thread

Or shoot it with a pumpgun. :p

Yesterday I borrowed the Boss ME-50, so that means I could record something. But first I gotta write a solo.

Awesome. :kickass:

ThisMightHaveBeenAPointlessPostButIDon'TCareBecauseI'mBoredSoI'mSittingHereEatingCadbury'sMiniEggsWhileWaitingFor14:55WhenINeedToGoOutAndPickUpMySisterFromSchoolAndThenGoToWork.IFeelSickNow. :(

hi, im pretty new here.

anyway ive been playing guitar for about 6 months now and was wondering if you guys could recommend some songs for me to learn on my spare time aside from the stuff my teacher is teaching me.

but lets be realistic here, im not a omfgivebeenplaying6monthsnowicanplaybodom kinda person. id like to keep the songs within my comfort zone. no tabs required, though they'd be appreciated but just suggestions would be nice.

anyway here are the stuff i know like the back of my hand;

Scales: Bb, C, F, G, Em Pentatonic, Minor Pentatonic, Blues (the last two are just patterns, my teacher says they're movable patterns so ive been playing them everywhere on the fretboard)

Chords: G, G7, D, Dm, D5, Am, Em, F, C, Major Chords

one or two new things wont hurt, but please keep the suggestions within these. (few easy licks are good too, doesnt have to be a whole song)

sorry for the big long drawn out post :loco: i really have little to no idea what im talking about so im trying to make sure ya'll understand me.

hi, im pretty new here.

anyway ive been playing guitar for about 6 months now and was wondering if you guys could recommend some songs for me to learn on my spare time aside from the stuff my teacher is teaching me.

but lets be realistic here, im not a omfgivebeenplaying6monthsnowicanplaybodom kinda person. id like to keep the songs within my comfort zone. no tabs required, though they'd be appreciated but just suggestions would be nice.

Scales: Bb, C, F, G, Em Pentatonic, Minor Pentatonic, Blues (the last two are just patterns, my teacher says they're movable patterns so ive been playing them everywhere on the fretboard)

one or two new things wont hurt, but please keep the suggestions within these. (few easy licks are good too, doesnt have to be a whole song)

sorry for the big long drawn out post :loco: i really have little to no idea what im talking about so im trying to make sure ya'll understand me.

Welcome to the forum! :)

You've definately had a good start with your playing I think. I dunno if this is any helpful but when I first started to play guitar I learned a whole bunch of Metallica songs (the rhythm guitar parts) which I think are fairly easy for a beginner to learn. So if you do like their music I think you should try some of their stuff out. :)

hi, im pretty new here.

Welcome to the forum and a pretty good first post (in the right thread) :)

I don't know if you're already familiar with muting techniques. They are really basic in metal and to learn them slowly, I would suggest some rammstein-songs.

Oh have a go at Master of Puppets, particularly the "spider hands" riff, I found that one quite useful for building up picking speed and stretching my fingers.

am i the only one who thinks john petrucci should do short songs ??
like he has killer riffs like damage control,,and glascow kiss ,, but the rest isnt so catchy and cool plus he is the kind of kind of guy that makes his songs last like 10minutes

That happens to alot of progressive metal players, just listen to Romeo's stuff, he has some killer licks, but 80% of his songs are bleh :erk:

I dont think I'll send another solo, too busy practicing for the cd.. If people are interested I could post it when it's done I guess. Or I could mail em if anyones really interested :p

Only 9 days left till recording (and 12 till my birthday)

I dont think I'll send another solo, too busy practicing for the cd.. If people are interested I could post it when it's done I guess. Or I could mail em if anyones really interested :p

Only 9 days left till recording (and 12 till my birthday)

Yeah sure, post it. We'd love to hear it. :D

I can't record a guitar one i like so I recorded something on keys, is that okay?

That's fine!!!! Keys would be something I've never heard in a jam like this before, and I've heard you play so I'm looking forward to that shit!

'Sup BucketBanger. New name huh? Weird one. :p

hah, actually I was working with one of those guitar designer things, and I came up with a really cool natural feel with one. The first name that came to mind was Earth Breather, and I thought, hell, it sounds cooler than BucketBanger. So if you guys see a signature guitar in the future named Earth Breather, it might be me :p