Guitar Player's Thread

There's a sequence I can't really play because I'm not that fast with my alternate picking. I definitely wanted to have it in the solo, so it's not perfect at all.
But this time, I don't care :)

Corny, dude, I'm blown away!!

The first solo is so Vai-ish, I love it, especially the first half.

The 2nd solo...the tone is just wow. Sounds like Jason Becker's. Are you micing up or using line in??

And don't worry, my solo is like 1min too, even though I originally said that'd be too long and I wouldn't want to play for that long. :lol:

Justinschut: Yours is fine man but if you wanna re-do it, go for it and just send it over when you're ready. I'm not sure how many more people are going to submit a solo for this one but I might wrap it up in a week or two because it's going a bit slow. Good luck with your bands demo too. :kickass:

Preference. Everything is.

Just worry about what YOU like and then you can't go wrong.

And once again, BUMP for the jam? Hopefully we'll get more than 4 people out of the 15+ that said they'd do it actually decide to. C'mooooon, I was expecting Inhe, Conti, Corny, MatthewK, Epi, umosay etc to jump in straight away. :erk:

yea I'm sorry I recorded one but I wasnt happy with it and I cant do anything now because the skin under my middle playing finger is ripped so I cant play with it.

Oh yea and that song one or two pages back was from like two years ago I just wanted to see poeples reaction to it :lol:, I have to hold the throwup back when I listen to it,haha

I've been writing for this but I can't seem to get out of one position, I keep falling back to it and it sounds all bland. But I have this southern rock kinda feel for this one.

Hey guys, I was wondering if I might get some advice from some of the guru's here.

I'm still looking to buy my first serious guitar, and after playing alot of Jacksons, Ibanez's, and ESP Ltd's I actually decided that I think I would buy a Cort Custom X instead, as it has the seymour duncon invader pickups and is pretty sweet to play all for about £600. I was originally considering holding out till I could afford a some EMG 81 actives but are they really that much better than Seymour Duncans ? Or is it just preference ?

I couldn't really say that I preffered the EMG's when playing with them (Even if they do look fucking sexy).

I dont have experience with Cort so good luck with that. and as to pickups its preference. I like other pickups like Seymour, because EMG's, however amazing they are. i find they are relatively based for metal. while that mostly what i play i like to dab here and there in other things and i want it to sound good. so if your like that then keep the stock pickups.

The first solo is so Vai-ish, I love it, especially the first half.

The 2nd solo...the tone is just wow. Sounds like Jason Becker's. Are you micing up or using line in??
A huge "Thank you" for your feedback! I know that many people are like "I don't care what other people say about my playing", but I personally DO care. Always when I show a track to someone, I'm afraid he couldn't like it.

For the second solo, the setup was Ibanez -> V-Amp -> Soundcard. I mentioned some weeks before, that the V-Amp is cool for non-metal sounds. Ah, and I let the signal a little bit "overmodulate" (right word?!), so that it sounds a bit more "vintage".

btw, my girlfriend just hates it when I use the whammy. "It sounds like a dying cat" is all the ignorat chick says :lol:

@justin: I hope you keep in mind to post the results of your band's recordings :)

Break it's neck. :O

NIght Reaper said:
yeah whats going on whit jam i was banned and lost track

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/6038219-post1776.html

Conti said:
yea I'm sorry I recorded one but I wasnt happy with it and I cant do anything now because the skin under my middle playing finger is ripped so I cant play with it.

Ah shit. :erk: Well there's still a week or so to work with so if it heals before then, feel free to re-do it. :)

Earth Breather said:
Super Glue that shit

'Sup BucketBanger. New name huh? Weird one. :p

Rock Hydra said:
I've been writing for this but I can't seem to get out of one position, I keep falling back to it and it sounds all bland. But I have this southern rock kinda feel for this one.

Try finding a cool sounding scale and then work out the NOTES that it uses. Then just grab a pen and some paper and write down all the places on the neck where you can play those notes and you'll end up with a neck diagram with just one scale so then you can play anywhere. I know how it feels to be stuck in one position but if you do that, then it lets you move around a bit more.

Epi said:
Fuck it, I'm out. Too much other shit going on atm. Sorry.

Dayam. :erk:

Corny said:
A huge "Thank you" for your feedback! I know that many people are like "I don't care what other people say about my playing", but I personally DO care. Always when I show a track to someone, I'm afraid he couldn't like it.

For the second solo, the setup was Ibanez -> V-Amp -> Soundcard. I mentioned some weeks before, that the V-Amp is cool for non-metal sounds. Ah, and I let the signal a little bit "overmodulate" (right word?!), so that it sounds a bit more "vintage".

btw, my girlfriend just hates it when I use the whammy. "It sounds like a dying cat" is all the ignorat chick says :lol:

Ahh cool, that's a great tone from that then, nice work. :kickass:

I'm guessing your girlfriend doesn't like Vai then? :p

Or shoot it with a pumpgun. :p

Yesterday I borrowed the Boss ME-50, so that means I could record something. But first I gotta write a solo.