Guitar Player's Thread

twishhaaaaaaaa!!!! I'm sloshed`!!!! where the fuck are you get on AIM or someting

I almost completed a tour of duty and then the fuckin po po came

basically tour of duty is you have to get one of these

army_helmet.gif

and wear it for a whole hour, and during that hour people can smash bottles over your head and just beat the shit out of your helmet and at the end of the hour you get to sign the helmet. I had 4 min left on the tour of duty and then some bitch ass neighbor called the police on a noise complaint so i didnt get to finish it

:lol:!! dammit Alex, I wish we partied when I came to NY. I should've just driven over to you. anyway, I'll be on AIM later. I'm trying to work on me solooo. for the cobot album.

To answer gothErika®,

gothErika®;8185957 said:
Alright, so this is annoying me: I have a Jackson R10 and an RR3, and both of them have heavy necks. It doesn't matter what strap I use, their necks will keep diving. Here's a pic of the strap button of my RR3, it's pretty much in the same position as on the R10.
I found pics of Alexi's old RR24 in some old issue of Young Guitar, and it looks like the position of that strap button was way different, like closer to the neck. The ESP models look even better as seen here and here for example. You guys who have Alexi ESP models - does the neck dive? I wonder how much do those few centimeters affect on the guitar balance.
Would it be worth going to a luthier and asking the guy to change the button position? :erk: I wanna believe there's a better solution out there, but since it's a matter of center of gravity... I just don't know.
Also, lol, how do people with double-neck guitars manage to get it all balanced?

1. I also own a Jackson RR3 and I have the same problem. I've read on the JCF that you could switch some screws like this:

ht7diu.jpg

2. But I figured out that the strap button location on the wing is not the same on the RR3 and on the RR1.

2m2bdpd.jpg

If you do 1 and 2, I'm almost sure it'll be as well balanced as an RR1.

EDIT: I've quoted your post so others can also help you.

RR24 has the strap buttion exactly in the middle of where the bolt-on plate would be.

I don't know if it's a good idea to re-locate it there though! You'd have to make hole in the plate thingy and then the wood between neck and the plate would probably be too little to carry the weight.

Necromancer the chorus of one of your songs you posted a while back still randomly gets stuck in my head a lot these days tho I've only listened to the song a few times..just thought you might like to know that! :) :p

Necromancer the chorus of one of your songs you posted a while back still randomly gets stuck in my head a lot these days tho I've only listened to the song a few times..just thought you might like to know that! :) :p

:kickass::kickass::worship:rock:

We are finishing up about 5 songs here shortly, I will post them all up for you all to check out.

They're two different manufacturers and I guess you can't really say which one is better. Both have high and lower quality guitars.