Guitar Player's Thread

you drilled the holes in yourself? and it only took you 10 min? that seems kinda hard to believe. and it seems scary to do. what if you chip the guitar :erk:

I don't think he's drilled any hole. That's not what I've read though. He said he replaced the original screw (the one used for the plate) by a longer one so he could screw as deep as if there were no strap lock.

I was practicing one of the songs I'm writing and I got bored so I decided to tape it.
Lots of mistakes in there but whatever, just practice lol
I need to get a camera with a better built-in mic too :(

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks tricky! Too bad we can't really hear.

I didn't have the time to post this the other day so:

JACKSON GUITARS NEWS​

Jackson said:
Jackson Proudly Welcomes Mnemic to the Bloodline Family

Jackson’s Gothenburg, Sweden-based man in Scandinavia, Henric Carlsson, reports that Mnemic guitarists Mircea Gabriel Eftemie and Rune Stigart have officially joined the Jackson Bloodline family.

“Danish metal dynamite Mnemic came into the metal world with a bang in 2003 and has since then released quality album after quality album,” Carlsson said. “They’re now working on their new album, Sons of the System, with their new Jackson seven-string models. We’re happy to work together with them on their upcoming endeavors.”

Mnemic formed in Aalborg, Denmark, in 1998 to espouse a fusion of progressive and melodic industrial metal. The band charted in the top 100 at home in Denmark with 2004’s The Audio Injected Soul and became the first Danish metal band to open the Orange Stage at the 2004 Roskilde Festival, one of Europe’s biggest festivals. Mnemic has released three studio albums before the aforementioned Sons of the System, and has toured with Metallica, Deftones, Machine Head, Meshuggah, Arch Enemy, All That Remains and Fear Factory.

“I have always loved the slender and elegant look of the Jackson guitars, and can proudly say that I am grateful to be included in the Bloodline family,” Eftemie said. “Both guitarists in Mnemic make use of seven-string guitars, and with this said, I hope we will add extra depth of tone, alongside the many other artists to be included in the Bloodline in the future. Be prepared for seven-string hell from Jackson Guitars!”

snippet_56.jpg
Mnemic1.jpg
Mnemic2.jpg

There'll now endorse more often, they have a YouTube channel to watch reviews of the guitars, more advertisement and catalogs are printed in time. Great improvements.

Another good thing:

JacksonAnnouncement.jpg

MIJ signature Jackson are delivered with their hard case, PRO and MG with a soft case and finally X and JS series come with a bag.

I've seen Flying V cases shaped like the body.
But can't find them anywhere.

I've emailed Thomann about it, they only had a V shaped case, like you said.

But I wan't a RR moulded hardcase, or a case formed like the RR. I don't wanna make people think I have some gay ass King V.

The joke about the Jackson bag is that they increased the prices of the guitars at the same time.

Looool :lol:

Depends on who you are. You could argue that a guitar should only be playable, and it's not about how it looks.

... We're talking about guitar cases. On stage you actually wear your guitar, so of course you want it to look right. But who sees the case? And not to mention, who would give a shit what shape the case is? It's a case.

... We're talking about guitar cases. On stage you actually wear your guitar, so of course you want it to look right. But who sees the case? And not to mention, who would give a shit what shape the case is? It's a case.

Again, depends on the person.
One could argue that what you look like on stage is not important, 'cus it's about the music.
You never get anywhere - if a person like's his case to look good , then be it.

I mean, I might like my guitar to look good, even if other people think it looks fugly. In the same way, I might like my case to look good, even if everyone else does not care.