Guitar Player's Thread

thanks man. Yeah it's for DJDT (We're keeping the initials) but yeah we are gonna demo the other songs and then start recording our debut album! First we need a drummer haha

^The song sounds pretty damn good man! I had the pre-pro version you uploaded, but this one rocks way harder! The vocals are really good, your singer has some good lungs :lol:

The joke about the Jackson bag is that they increased the prices of the guitars at the same time.

So maybe we can re-phrase it like "Now, doesn't matter which model you get, Jackson makes you pay for the fitting case, even if you don't want" :)

New (?) cases:

144€

144€

133€

Some new products (I think) in the Jackson Store. (USA only...)

So they took the old ones and added a bit of plastic to them. The lower one looks exactly like mine only that it has, as I said, a bit more of plastic, which equals to a bit more of weight, so no thanks.

thanks man. Yeah it's for DJDT (We're keeping the initials) but yeah we are gonna demo the other songs and then start recording our debut album! First we need a drummer haha

Sweet, I like this ALOT ALOT more than the other song on your myspace (no offense) I just cant stand those hardcore super dissonant half step (SQUEAK SQUEKKK) chords that like every hardcore band uses lolol

keep up the good work!

Hey guys you remember I told you a while ago about that guitar my mom was going to make for me?
Today she finished a quick prototype thingie of cheap wood:

p1000154.jpg

You can actually take off the two wings so that's why you see the black line across the body.

And Earth Breather, awesome song dude! Sounded so professional! :kickass:

Hey guys you remember I told you a while ago about that guitar my mom was going to make for me?
Today she finished a quick prototype thingie of cheap wood:

p1000154.jpg

You can actually take off the two wings so that's why you see the black line across the body.

And Earth Breather, awesome song dude! Sounded so professional! :kickass:

DUDE! That's awesome! If you want to spend the extra money I would get one of these instead of trying to build a neck on your own. The fretboard and frets comes perfectly finished and set up and its all ready for gluing the wings on. then all you'd have to do is route the body, sand that fucker up, tape off the fretboard and do whatever finish you want to it!

https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=NT6

I bought a bolt on neck from them and it is one of the nicest feeling necks and frets that I've ever played!

I don't think he's drilled any hole. That's not what I've read though. He said he replaced the original screw (the one used for the plate) by a longer one so he could screw as deep as if there were no strap lock.

ooh I see. excuse my naievity, but what would a longer screw do? the position of the strap lock would still be the same, so how would the balance be effected? sorry, I never really took a physics class, altho I love to know how things work.

Haven't been on in a while.

I bought an Ibanez 1077 XL some weeks ago. It's one of three Ibanez series with a 27" scale (they don't make them anymore). It's a sevenstring. It's black with cream binding (pretty rare, regularly they sold it in Royal Blue). It has abalone offset dots. It has the old amazing Ibanez LoPro Trem. PUs are DiMario Custom 7s.

Payed too much considering it's some years old - but they're hard to find and I really wanted it. Plus, it came in great condition.

Haven't been on in a while.

I bought an Ibanez 1077 XL some weeks ago. It's one of three Ibanez series with a 27" scale (they don't make them anymore). It's a sevenstring. It's black with cream binding (pretty rare, regularly they sold it in Royal Blue). It has abalone offset dots. It has the old amazing Ibanez LoPro Trem. PUs are DiMario Custom 7s.

Payed too much considering it's some years old - but they're hard to find and I really wanted it. Plus, it came in great condition.

whoa, Corny with a 7 string! congrats :D, can't wait to hear some recordings! sounds like a fantastic guitar, I know you'll treat it well.

ooh I see. excuse my naievity, but what would a longer screw do? the position of the strap lock would still be the same, so how would the balance be effected? sorry, I never really took a physics class, altho I love to know how things work.

You screw the strap lock on the plate! That's not just a screw switch, you have to switch the screws because the plate screws are wider than the strap lock ones so they won't fit in them.

I think both plate and strap lock screws have the same length but when you add a strap lock on the plate, it adds x cm so you have to add x cm to the screw to go as deep as the original plate screw. This is screw B.

10foy3b.jpg

See?

DUDE! That's awesome! If you want to spend the extra money I would get one of these instead of trying to build a neck on your own. The fretboard and frets comes perfectly finished and set up and its all ready for gluing the wings on. then all you'd have to do is route the body, sand that fucker up, tape off the fretboard and do whatever finish you want to it!

https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=NT6

I bought a bolt on neck from them and it is one of the nicest feeling necks and frets that I've ever played!
Well the thing is that my mom wants to build it all herself :lol:
Thanks for the suggestion though!

Do you perhaps have any knowledge about woods?
Quite some people have recommended me to use Korina for the body, but I'm still with Alder in my mind since a lot of the Jackson and ESP RR models are made of it.

Tussen takk Steve! I didn't realize you were switching the screws as well, I just thought you were replacing a single screw. no wonder erica said that a few centimeters makes such a big difference. and if you do it this way, there is no need to drill any new holes, correct? this seems like a pretty good idea, saves the guitar from possible disasters.