Guitar Player's Thread

easily replaced dude, you can take it off by going through the back, theres an allen wrench screw for it. you can find em at a guitar store probably

and my next cover will be uroboric forms by cynic :D

Cool! Dude have you thought about getting some basic recording stuff? I think that sometimes is a bit of a shame that your covers don't show your playing and everything as they should because you record with the cam. It'd be cool to hear full covers from you like with all rythm tracks and then leads and everything.

NEW GUITAR!!!

P1010248.jpg

Cool! Dude have you thought about getting some basic recording stuff? I think that sometimes is a bit of a shame that your covers don't show your playing and everything as they should because you record with the cam. It'd be cool to hear full covers from you like with all rythm tracks and then leads and everything.

^:lol::lol::lol:

Toneport or whatever kind of recording hardware, just something to lay down some tracks and leave the camera only for video recording, not audio :lol:

bro i wish my computer as about 0 space its allll music. but when i get a new computer, hopefully soon im gonna get recording stuff :D

but in the meantime i think im going to use gp files and mute the rhythm and lead tracks and have me play all the parts and put them together where theres like the two screen thing...i dont know how to call it but yeah....

Hey guys, just wondering for those with a toneport, though I know it's been asked before (looking through the thread for those posts as I type this)

Mystique's helped me a lot in figuring out the PODfarm/Gearbox deal thing for tones, but I'm having trouble getting a good distorted and lead tone.

The biggest problems so far have either been that it's far too fuzzy/muddy (regardless of guitar or pickups -active (emg81) or passive (JB/Jazz)- being used) or that it's just not "big" enough. Too weak.

Hey guys, just wondering for those with a toneport, though I know it's been asked before (looking through the thread for those posts as I type this)

Mystique's helped me a lot in figuring out the PODfarm/Gearbox deal thing for tones, but I'm having trouble getting a good distorted and lead tone.

The biggest problems so far have either been that it's far too fuzzy/muddy (regardless of guitar or pickups -active (emg81) or passive (JB/Jazz)- being used) or that it's just not "big" enough. Too weak.

Thing is, standard GearBox tones/amps isn't that great. I recommend you to buy the MetalShop addon, great amps in there.

Matias fixed this tone for me when I first got it. I was also like "god this program sucks" and my mind was changed.

gearbox1.png

Tweak gain and EQ to what you wish. Use 57 off-axis mic.

Also just generally tweak it to what you like, also try changing mics/cabinets.

Oh and when you wanna add reverb, try "Cavernous". Best reverb on the program.

Hi guy, it was my birthday recently so I managed to get some money which I am planning to use on some pickups.
I play an Ibanez S520 with INF1 and INF2 pickups, they have a nice clean sound but with distortion it just doesn't feel right, there must be something better. What do you guys recommend? Prices? What is Alexi using? Someone knows what Jani Limmatainen is using (ex-Sonata Arctica)?

Thanks!

I don't know about Alexi because I think it's too much of a mess he using both emghz,blackouts,emg81(?) etc.

You should really not go after the pickup your favourite artist has. Try some in a guitar store:)

Children_of_COB said:
@arvoitus: Awesome dude! Specs/origin/etc?
It's a old guitar from Nazgul. Grover Jackson RR Custom. Some owner changed the hardware to gold (and i love it).
The pickup is a Seymour duncan SH-5 with a JE-1000 booster in it.

I'm going to add a neckpickup soon, and replace the volumeknobs with black ones.

Mystique1721 said:
whenever I see a fretboard like this, it just makes me go "mhmmm. that's what I'm talking about" XD
Hell yeah. I'll get some oiling stuff to do the fretboard so after that it's really going to shine!

More pictures:

I have my Toneport for quite a while now but I still prefer recording with a mic + real amp + silent box( = win).
But you just listen to metal, so you don't need anything besides high gain sounds :loco:

^Well I dunno, my toneport is probably the best thing that happened to my guitar playing so far. I've recorded some jazzy stuff with my guitar teacher with his toneport and it turned out to sound really good. But you cant really take a tone that has already been made, because they're not that good indeed. I create all of my tones and I'm quite satisfied with the sound so far.

^Well I dunno, my toneport is probably the best thing that happened to my guitar playing so far. I've recorded some jazzy stuff with my guitar teacher with his toneport and it turned out to sound really good. But you cant really take a tone that has already been made, because they're not that good indeed. I create all of my tones and I'm quite satisfied with the sound so far.

ya, like i said, the toneport is great !Even when i record with my real amp i still use it as a micpreamp. it's pretty good for recording vocals,too. I just prefer the sound of a real tube amp to any great guitar rig / gearbox setting. ;)