Guitar Player's Thread

ya, like i said, the toneport is great !Even when i record with my real amp i still use it as a micpreamp. it's pretty good for recording vocals,too. I just prefer the sound of a real tube amp to any great guitar rig / gearbox setting. ;)

Well, I do prefer amp and mic too, but I don't have a good mic plus I can't crank the volume up here at home to record, and I do 99,9% of my recordings here so Toneport is the way to go for me. Different thing is when my band has rehearshal place again and I can go there and mic my amp crancked up :kickass:

arvoitus, that is a SWEET guitar!

Hey I have a question, do you guys think it would be necessary to have a locking nut on a guitar with a floyd rose, if you also had locking tuners?

I have sperzel locking tuners on my strat and was thinking about maybe getting a floyd for it, but i wouldn't be able to get a locking nut on it.

Also:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Lee-Jackson-Per...ryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

GP-1000 on ebay. Just be weary, The seller claims its the marshall mod but the XLR output doesn't look blocked off to me and I don't see a serial number sticker.

yeah, oh well. I've been just watching alot of maiden videos lately and thinking "wow my strat would be awesome with a floyd rose!"

better start saving for one of these babys
guitar_pic.jpg

WOWEEEEE

yeah, oh well. I've been just watching alot of maiden videos lately and thinking "wow my strat would be awesome with a floyd rose!"

better start saving for one of these babys
guitar_pic.jpg

WOWEEEEE

:kickass::kickass::zombie::zombie:
awesome.but i would just change the humbucker to a singlecoil (but that would look retarted with the big hole:D )

arvoitus, that is a SWEET guitar!

Hey I have a question, do you guys think it would be necessary to have a locking nut on a guitar with a floyd rose, if you also had locking tuners?

I have sperzel locking tuners on my strat and was thinking about maybe getting a floyd for it, but i wouldn't be able to get a locking nut on it.

Yes. You absolutely still need a locking nut to properly keep a guitar in tune with a floyd rose (or Kahler, etc). Gibson made that horrible mistake on their "Shred" versions of the Explorer and Flying V. Locking tuners simply do not work, and the guitar will go out of tune.

^Why? I mean, humbucker is more versatile, why would you change it?

because i fucking hate the tone of humbuckers (especially of the emgs i have played).
there not that versatile as you say, because they ever sound like single coils. and i want that sound not that warm ,smooth humbucker shit.
the epiphone dot got the only ones i like

If you had 10.000 €... what equipment would you buy? I think more than half of the money will go into guitars...

I would probably just get:

2 or 3 Schecters more. Loomis and another C-7 Hellraiser for sure!!! Possibly a ESP Nergal signature aswell.
(Yes, I don't want to go back to 6 string...Sure i can play my Ibanez sometimes but damn i love to have 7 strings. Also, the shit about Schecter necks being huge...I don't understand it! I got tiny hands but man they are sooooo comfy)
Then ampwise:
ENGL Powerball
Basson 4x12 cabinet or Framus 4x12 cabinet.

Any money left over can go to booze and pizza.