Guitar Player's Thread

^
not the music i listen too, especially the clean vocals annoyed me but this is awesome :
l_a37d2bc0c8809e8c2bd029a4cb929d24.jpg

Kirk-1.jpg

l_a576285c6135201467d98f1932036ae1.jpg

l_fb2cd1a40972a684269c96723a9fc0d6.jpg

:lol: lucky you, you're still soo young (17, right?), look for another band and stop being so pale if you're the long haired guy.

Something wrong started happening to my guitar, in the second string, after the 12th fret the string sounds of of tune, like it was half step down, if I play the string on the fifth or seventh fret it sounds good, but from 12th and on it starts to sound out of tune, is this a common problem?

Something wrong started happening to my guitar, in the second string, after the 12th fret the string sounds of of tune, like it was half step down, if I play the string on the fifth or seventh fret it sounds good, but from 12th and on it starts to sound out of tune, is this a common problem?

your intonation is out of whack
what type of guitar do you have?

your intonation is out of whack
what type of guitar do you have?

A very cheap type of guitar

B00005OWCU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Will this solve my problem?

CONDITON 3: IF THE STRING WHEN "PLAYED OPEN" IS PERFECTLY IN TUNE, AND THEN WHEN YOU PLAY IT ON THE 12TH FRET AND IT IS "LOWER IN PITCH", THEN YOU NEED TO MOVE THE SADDLE CLOSER TO THE FRETBOARD TO "MAKE THE STRING SHORTER".

If so, what's a saddle and how do I move it :lol:

Nah come on dude, I'm not afraid of ruining it, what's the worst thing that could happen? Even if the guitar was totally unplayable after I do my job it won't be much loss :lol: So how do I get the saddle (whatever it is) closer to the fretboard :D

you can totally do this yourself. I did this some time ago, and it was my first time doing it, but it went fine. just takes some time to know what you're doing.

here's a picture I took from when I was fixing it
EdgeIII-setupprblm-1.jpg

the saddle is the big metal block thing that's locking down the strings. see those 2 screws I circled in green? those are within the saddle.
so to be able to move the saddle, you have to unlock the thing I circled in red. so loosen that, take it out and then push the saddle back or forward. if your note is too sharp then push the saddle away from the pick up. if the note is too flat, then you gotta make the string length shorter by moving the saddle closer to the pick ups. after you move the saddle, put the saddle lock thing back (the one circled in red). you'll notice there are 2 holes for it, so do it according to where the saddle is. and then check the 12th fret note and the 12th fret harmonic. use the harmonic as the standard (so you want to match the fretted note to the harmonic). keep ajusting the saddle until the note and the harmonic match up exactly. then you'll have perfect intonation. do this on every string, you might as well. and it's worth it.

^
not the music i listen too, especially the clean vocals annoyed me but this is awesome :
l_a37d2bc0c8809e8c2bd029a4cb929d24.jpg

Kirk-1.jpg

l_a576285c6135201467d98f1932036ae1.jpg

l_fb2cd1a40972a684269c96723a9fc0d6.jpg

:lol: lucky you, you're still soo young (17, right?), look for another band and stop being so pale if you're the long haired guy.

that picture is a year old, i got my hair cut

you can totally do this yourself. I did this some time ago, and it was my first time doing it, but it went fine. just takes some time to know what you're doing.

here's a picture I took from when I was fixing it
EdgeIII-setupprblm-1.jpg

the saddle is the big metal block thing that's locking down the strings. see those 2 screws I circled in green? those are within the saddle.
so to be able to move the saddle, you have to unlock the thing I circled in red. so loosen that, take it out and then push the saddle back or forward. if your note is too sharp then push the saddle away from the pick up. if the note is too flat, then you gotta make the string length shorter by moving the saddle closer to the pick ups. after you move the saddle, put the saddle lock thing back (the one circled in red). you'll notice there are 2 holes for it, so do it according to where the saddle is. and then check the 12th fret note and the 12th fret harmonic. use the harmonic as the standard (so you want to match the fretted note to the harmonic). keep ajusting the saddle until the note and the harmonic match up exactly. then you'll have perfect intonation. do this on every string, you might as well. and it's worth it.

I really really really appreciate your help, but an Edge III bridge is nothing like my crappy non recessed tremolo :lol: But you did actually help, I took a closer look at it and I think there's a screw that if I turn it will make the string shorter :)

But I still don't understand why this happened :confused: One day it was good and the next one it wasn't, I didn't change the tuning or the string.

I made a video of me playing my COBOT song to test out my new crappy webcam I got. It was just for fun so it's pretty sloppy :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a video of me playing my COBOT song to test out my new crappy webcam I got. It was just for fun so it's pretty sloppy :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJvibY2Gw5I

:lol: I lol'd hard at your facial expressions! :headbang:
really awesome song :worship:... I like this version better than the one on the album because the guitars are a bit louder and your vocals a bit quiter... nothing against your vocals but i personally would say that 'screaming vocals' like you did on your first cobot album song would fit better...

anyway, please compose more songs like this :kickass:
btw got a tab? :D