Guitar Player's Thread

alright, I think it's time I share some music with you guys.

check it out: Hilltop Ride

So I was bored and I decided to record a song (probably) instead of learning for my politics test tomorrow.
Ended up kinda messy, but this is like the second time ever I tried to record a whole song. The sound is nowhere near good, and I haven't done the solo yet.
The leads (yeah, they're there, listen closely :p ) will be re-recorded in a couple of days, aswell as the bass and vocals. Then I'll attempt to mix this mess. This should be sufficient to give a first impression though.

So, tell me what you think of the song! :)

Oh btw, nevermind that soundclick page, for now I just use it so I don't have to send the mp3 files to every band member individually

Nah come on dude, I'm not afraid of ruining it, what's the worst thing that could happen? Even if the guitar was totally unplayable after I do my job it won't be much loss :lol: So how do I get the saddle (whatever it is) closer to the fretboard :D

As it seems you have already figured it out, but you have to loosen the string and then make the saddle go closer or further from the bridge by screwing or unscrewing it. Don't worry, you can't really ruin it by doing that, you'll just have to try a couple or 3 times before you get it intonated, but you'll manege it for sure.

New song by my (project) band Faithless.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tnkc4l

Listen,hate/enjoy and give constructive criticism such as "YOU FUCKING SUCK!!!!111oneoneone"

inb4 This is related to guitars how?

I used my 7 string for it ;)););)

Peace, out!

:kickass:

I made a video of me playing my COBOT song to test out my new crappy webcam I got. It was just for fun so it's pretty sloppy :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJvibY2Gw5I

Nice man! And once again pretty good song!

Necrö;8261243 said:
alright, I think it's time I share some music with you guys.

check it out: Hilltop Ride

So I was bored and I decided to record a song (probably) instead of learning for my politics test tomorrow.
Ended up kinda messy, but this is like the second time ever I tried to record a whole song. The sound is nowhere near good, and I haven't done the solo yet.
The leads (yeah, they're there, listen closely :p ) will be re-recorded in a couple of days, aswell as the bass and vocals. Then I'll attempt to mix this mess. This should be sufficient to give a first impression though.

So, tell me what you think of the song! :)

Oh btw, nevermind that soundclick page, for now I just use it so I don't have to send the mp3 files to every band member individually

Sounds pretty cool, I liked the keys around 4:10 or so and the sound they gave to the song. And I particularly liked the guitar tone, quite agressive. You mic your amp right?

Just tried dialing in a new tone on my Randall with the Schecter and oh my it sounds good:) :cool:

I got a similar tone to Nevemore's Enemies of Reality album has...but with the touch of smoothness and bigger low end as in the newer recordings. I really love the 'Enemies of Reality' tone...It's pretty raw but awesome!!! Also, I am working on the first solo on 'Jato Unit' and slightly trying to get a hang of "Born" solo. These solos are not easy so it will take some time to work over them slowly. In the Born solo the first run and the diminished arpeggios are probably the easiest :lol: (Not the last arpeggio though...that one makes me crazy. It's just weird)

Man, I am really a Nevermore fanboi..:( Just got to love those riffs and solos.

Admit it...you read it!

Anyway, guys! I need some help.

I am wondering if It's a okay idea to leave my 7 string tuned to to A# for some time and then tune up to B standard/Drop A still. I mean, will having the guitar in A# affect the neck tension in a way that when i tune it up to standard it makes the neck bow? It's only a half step so I have no idea...

I am just wondering because my band plays in B standard/drop A and at home i like to sit and jam to Nevermore and some Sonata Arctica.

6. Flappy

How does this work exactly? :p Haven't participated in one yet.

Also guys, are there any notable differences in quality between Gotoh and Schaller Floyd Roses?