Guitar Player's Thread

O.K. Here's my question:
So I want to change the pickups to my ESP EX-100 and I have concluded in some pickups that i like most...EMG 81 and Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader or Blackouts Metal AHB-2...So what do you think?? which one is beter in our opinion and which will fit better in a basswood body??

I know this guitar isn't good bu i just want to make some improvements...

O.K. Here's my question:
So I want to change the pickups to my ESP EX-100 and I have concluded in some pickups that i like most...EMG 81 and Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader or Blackouts Metal AHB-2...So what do you think?? which one is beter in our opinion and which will fit better in a basswood body??

I'd say save the money for a better guitar

O.K. Here's my question:

Just a quick note here then that the EMG 85 has more balls.

Yep, but the 81 has alot sharper&thin and shrilly tone. The 85s have more body to it!

Yo all, long time, no posts.

I have a rack now aswell (besides a 5150 halfstack):

Lee Jackson GP1000 -> RSP 2400 Hush/Enhancer/Exciter -> Rocktron Velocity 100

DSCN1938m.jpg

Only tested on bedroom levels so far.

89 Jackson USA RR with J50BC+JE1200 has perfect metal sound for me :) (think early COB)
88 Jackson USA RR with J80 has too little gain and too thin sound..will try higher gain pickups or add boost
85 Jackson USA RR with 80s Duncan JBJ has great 80s metal sound!

Can't wait for band practice!!

:headbang:

I'm making a backdrop banner for The Black Spot. Its gonna be so fucking huge lol

IMG_3122.jpg

Its made of burlap, which was really cheap (only cost me 8 bucks for all of that!) and I think it fits the whole piratey look. I want to burn parts of it or burn holes in it before putting the band name on it to make it look like a super epic pirate map or something lol

I cant wait though, We had our first band practice with the full lineup so Black Spot shows/recordings this summer are 100% on.

Where did you get the rsp?

On German eBay last summer. It was very cheap, but they are very rare aswell. I got it only because alexi had one and I wanted to replicate his rack setup (which I kind of managed now).

If you're wondering what it does, it makes the sound a bit better, can't really explain how. It has a trillion of different options, which I don't really understand all. It also has a noise gate, which works fine.

I haven't managed to connect it succesfully yet with the GP1000. All I get is a lot of hum and a clean sound. It works fine with my Peavey 5150 though.

But the rack sounds awesome without it too :).

A song by my project band again...It's a bit different to what i usually write so maybe approach this one as more of a second "test song" with my 7-string. The passages between intro,verse,chorus and breakdown are a bit clumsy and sharp and I intend on focusing more on getting it all to flow more together in the future songs...but anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: