Guitar Player's Thread

hallo every one, now sure how many of you still remember me but any way. about a year i posted here my teaser build and now its finally done.
this is my first build it took me over 1.5 years to finish and almost everything that could go wrong sure did. i had problems with money to buy the stuff that i need not to mention the tools i had problems with working space i was working some times in my bedroom etc...
any way i hope you like it.
Specs:
-baritone 27 scale set neck construction
-5 pieces neck Maple/Venge, Ebony fret board no radius
-swamp ash body
-Blackouts, 3 way switch 1 vol, 1 tone
-no name Floyd rose
-no name tuners
-candy cherry red finish

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

IMG_3983.jpg

IMG_4578.jpg

IMG_4956.jpg

IMG_7731.jpg

IMG_7831.jpg

IMG_7838.jpg

IMG_7877.jpg

IMG_7880.jpg

IMG_8037.jpg

the finished thing.
IMG_8090.jpg

IMG_8095.jpg

IMG_8096.jpg

IMG_8135.jpg

i will post some as soon as i make don't be expecting anything good like you your self guys here i am bassist and not guitar player. i just began working my guitar skills.
the neck feels apprizingly comfortable and thin enough. originally i was going after the ibanez wizard dimensions but it didn't turn out this way. i had to leave 1-2 mm more wood under the nut because the trussrod channel was too deep in there. it has D profile and maybe 1-1.5mm thicker because of the paint than ibby neck.

WOW!!!

Not only did you make it all by yourself, but it looks damn SICK too!!! :O

I bet you'd get a few offers for guitar/bass design/creation if you tried!

WOW!!!

Not only did you make it all by yourself, but it looks damn SICK too!!! :O

I bet you'd get a few offers for guitar/bass design/creation if you tried!
i looked it to this and i found out there are so many luthers out there and so many other small names companies that try to do the most bad ass the most metal and what not that i simply can not imagine any one even wanting to pay for design now days. even the big companies copy each other since very long time for example ibanez and gibson story over the V shape, or fender and their strat shape etc....
i think if i will ever decide to do something liek this would be just small custom shop and just because of my love for metal and building guitars.

Damn looks amazing. You sure did a great job man. All the different angles and shadows and totally sweet paintjob. Smooth as buttsecks! :kickass:
paint choice was serious pain in the ass to make. at first i wanted it all oil finished and i would leave it like that if there wouldn't be so many imperfectios to bother me. for first build and first paintjob thaat even wasn't done by me alone but with help CANDY paint is serious challenge because it is 3 layers of paint. base silver then candy red and above it clear lack in this entire persidure everything must go perfect an offcourse in my case alot of crap glued it and some other fet or silicon excess glued on the paint job while it was drying.

Damn that shit is win.

that guitar looks fucking terrifying

Hide the women and children!
:lol: :kickass:

@Ruins:You did an amazing job:kickass:

omg ruins that is so sick!!!!! it looks amazing, like its fake or something haha

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
naaa its not fake it's real :D

thank you all for the kind words
if any one wants to see the whole thing from the beginnig to the end click here:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ex...ly-building-thread-tutorial-lots-of-pics.html

hallo every one, now sure how many of you still remember me but any way. about a year i posted here my teaser build and now its finally done.
this is my first build it took me over 1.5 years to finish and almost everything that could go wrong sure did. i had problems with money to buy the stuff that i need not to mention the tools i had problems with working space i was working some times in my bedroom etc...
Specs:
-swamp ash body
-no name Floyd rose
-no name tuners
-candy cherry red finish

(...other pics...)

IMG_8135.jpg
Hey Ruins, of course we do remember of you (someone used to call you Alex too, if my memory ain't playing tricks)! You haven't been around in a while, good to see you back.
Oh and HOLY CRAP, the guitar you made is f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c, really!! It's amazing that you built it yourself, and it's amazing the way you made it, it's definitely all your creation and there's not another like that, which is something really cool and surely makes you feel very proud of yourself, because you really should be.
And it was nice to see all the pics, since the beginning to the end of your work, thanks for letting us see. :)

Mystique1721 said:
that is amazing work Ruins. You should write your name on the headstock or something, make it even more personal.
Yes, I agree!

I wouldn't put a GP-1000 into a Rocktron Velocity. This poweramp works fine for digital units such as Rocktron Vodoo Valve or POD etc.
The GP-1000 needs a better poweramp in order sound the better possible. If you have a 5150 head try to plug the Lee Jackson in it (it has four 6L6 power amp tubes, will sound WAYYYYYY better IMO).

:headbang:

Yeah, I have Peavey 5150 too & it does indeed sound better through it. But you can't control the volume of the 5150 power amp section and GP1000 sounds good only when cranked. Therefore, it's a "no go" for use in a small apartment.

I also have a SP1000 power amp on its way to me....;).

Yeah, I have Peavey 5150 too & it does indeed sound better through it. But you can't control the volume of the 5150 power amp section and GP1000 sounds good only when cranked. Therefore, it's a "no go" for use in a small apartment.

I also have a SP1000 power amp on its way to me....;).

Again ... Is it the one from the uk? And how did it end with the sp1000 that was blocked due to that legal shit?

COBOT Forum Jam 6!!!

You guys chose the Emin backing track, so Emin it is.

• Record a solo from 00:01 to 01:19 and save the lead guitar ONLY as mp3 format.

• PLEASE make sure you record a muted string pluck in time with the intro drum fill, so I can synch up the solo over the BT, AND/OR send me a .rar file containing a version of your solo over the BT, so I can hear exactly how you want it. I would prefer that you did both, just to make it easy.

• Upload mp3 to http://www.sendspace.com, and send it to me via PM.

I do realise that the BT is quite long this time round, so if you personally want to solo over the slow OR fast section ONLY, then do that but please let me know in the message. I will need to make special edits in the final mix to assure that it all fits properly, I have no problem doing this.

Alternatively, if you'd like to change the BT to one of the other suggestions, then that's not a problem either. I just remember seeing alot of votes for this, and we could always use the others after the 3rd COBOT Album, if we wanted to!!

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f2iqdk.jpg

:kickass:

I'm on for sure! I have loads of shit to do this week, but I should have something for next weekend or so :)

Specs:
-swamp ash body
-no name Floyd rose
-no name tuners
-candy cherry red finish
IMG_8135.jpg

Holy shit dude! That's a sick guitar! Awesome job in all parts, and killer shape. Really really good, and I do agree with Twisha and Eli about the name :kickass:

COBOT Forum Jam 6!!!

You guys chose the Emin backing track, so Emin it is.

• Record a solo from 00:01 to 01:19 and save the lead guitar ONLY as mp3 format.

• PLEASE make sure you record a muted string pluck in time with the intro drum fill, so I can synch up the solo over the BT, AND/OR send me a .rar file containing a version of your solo over the BT, so I can hear exactly how you want it. I would prefer that you did both, just to make it easy.

• Upload mp3 to http://www.sendspace.com, and send it to me via PM.

I do realise that the BT is quite long this time round, so if you personally want to solo over the slow OR fast section ONLY, then do that but please let me know in the message. I will need to make special edits in the final mix to assure that it all fits properly, I have no problem doing this.

Alternatively, if you'd like to change the BT to one of the other suggestions, then that's not a problem either. I just remember seeing alot of votes for this, and we could always use the others after the 3rd COBOT Album, if we wanted to!!

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f2iqdk.jpg

Awesome, I'm working on this now !!! :kickass:

AHHH IM DRUNK

im thinkin of selling my j50bc and mm04 and possibly my lee jackson gp1000

for right now just the j50 and the mm04 so if anybody wants it PM me because otherwise they are goin on the ebayy!!!

also if necromanser wants a rack, i will selll the 12 space or if he doesnt want it someone else can have it because i have a smaller 4 space that I'm gonnaa use from now on

I' would just need to figure out the shipping

I'll sell the mm-04 for like 110 bucks and the j50 for 35 bucks
the sticker fell off the back of the pickup but i promise its a j50-bc