Guitar Player's Thread

Haha well I sorta use the real deal with the Gp1000

RR24 > J50BC > SD-1 > GE1000 > 7band graphic EQ > Peavey CL 60/60 > Carvin legacy w/ gt75 > 57 clone > VTB-1 > Cubase > EQ plug

Did a slight scoop with the graphic EQ. Cut the mids (-1 around 800hz) then boosted the lows and highs

Then in post, I did some slight Eqing as well (like the most by +/- 2 on certain freq's)

The key was the micing position, between the edge and dustcap.

I need to get me a fucking i5 or something that has more highs and lows.
you mic'd the amp? that's awesome, I prefer micing to pure digital shit.
But if you turn up your amp to full volume (or did you record with low volume??) it's fucking loud , didn't the neighbours complain? :D

you mic'd the amp? that's awesome, I prefer micing to pure digital shit.
But if you turn up your amp to full volume (or did you record with low volume??) it's fucking loud , didn't the neighbours complain? :D

I had that bitch crankkkeddd.

Speaker movement > *

by cranked i mean my 60/60 in mono mode with it at noon and the gp at 9 oclock. seems loud in my room

W
Rocktron velocity? Well, Thomann has it for 230 and I'm probably getting a new guitar too, so shipping would be 0€, so I guess I'll get it from there. Thanks for the offer anyway. How come you sell it now, didn't you get it like some days ago?

Yeah, I did. But I finally got Lee Jackson SP1000 power amp yesterday :). And now I need money more than two power amps.

230€ new?

I can do 185€ shipped. It's like new condition. Let me know.

EDIT: Doesn't Thomann have a fixed 25€ shipping fee?

Hey Warheart, could you post the Em Backing track again. I downloaded the one in Eb, and I don't want to have to pitch-shift my solo. By the way, is anyone feeling more of a E mixolydian vibe? I haven't played around with the track much yet, but regular ol' E minor sounds a little out of place.

I put new strings on my guitar today. I am convinced DR's are the best. Great bright tone that seem to last... unlike D'addario.

Hey Warheart, could you post the Em Backing track again. I downloaded the one in Eb, and I don't want to have to pitch-shift my solo. By the way, is anyone feeling more of a E mixolydian vibe? I haven't played around with the track much yet, but regular ol' E minor sounds a little out of place.

I put new strings on my guitar today. I am convinced DR's are the best. Great bright tone that seem to last... unlike D'addario.

here it is in E instead of Eb http://www.guitardojo.com/tabfiles/x..._tabs/EmBT.mp3

you get that vibe cuz the progression is i-VI-VII-V. The V chord is supposed to a minor, but they made it a major instead. mitch explained to me that this is a very common thing they do in metal, cuz it creates the perfect sound for you to solo using the harmonic minor scale. have fun :)

p.s. I get that great bright tone with D'addarios, never with DRs :p

I had that bitch crankkkeddd.

Speaker movement > *

by cranked i mean my 60/60 in mono mode with it at noon and the gp at 9 oclock. seems loud in my room

yeah sounds loud :lol: I can't do this anymore in my flat because of the neighbours so I'm building an isolation cab.
I just need some money for the sennheiser 906 :(

Sure, it's here:

http://www.guitardojo.com/tabfiles/xfiles/MRDuCran_tabs/EmBT.mp3

And great sound, Necromancer197666!!

yeah sounds loud :lol: I can't do this anymore in my flat because of the neighbours so I'm building an isolation cab.
I just need some money for the sennheiser 906 :(

906 :erk:

What amp/speakers do you plan on using?

Sure, it's here:

http://www.guitardojo.com/tabfiles/xfiles/MRDuCran_tabs/EmBT.mp3

And great sound, Necromancer197666!!

Sounds cool. Maybe you should record both sides now and see how it sounds with the original BT and your guitar over it. I think you have pretty much nailed it. BTW, what's that 57 clone that you use?

It's supposed to be some behringer mic, I call it a 57 cause I took the ball thingy off so it's more like a 58 clone but same thing. I did tests a while back with my real 57 and it sounds damn close. I'll be using a real 58 though for my next set of tests

A 58 to record? Isn't that a vocal mic? I'm thinking of getting a mic somehow soon (first goes the ADA and the poweramp, then the backup guitar and then the mic, somewhere around christmas if I can't save up this summer), but dunno which one to get.

A 58 to record? Isn't that a vocal mic?

not really, the whole 57 for guitars and 58 for vocals it kinda became mouth-to-mouth propaganda. The 57 has a good middle-high that is good for guitars, the 58 has a good middle-low that many vocalist likes. But it´s not really a rule.

What amp/speakers do you plan on using?
Currently I'm using a Laney Lh50r and a Fender Blues Junior. The isolation cab gets a Eminence Wizard (I love this speaker!!).
I would use my 4x12 Laney cab but the Wizard sounds way better and it's too fucking loud if I don't isolate the speaker.
I really need a good EQ. Any recommendations?

It's supposed to be some behringer mic, I call it a 57 cause I took the ball thingy off so it's more like a 58 clone but same thing. I did tests a while back with my real 57 and it sounds damn close. I'll be using a real 58 though for my next set of tests

:lol: seems like we're using quite the same mic. I got some 58 clone,took of the ball and it sounded and looked like a sm57.
I have never tried the 906 but I heard some recordings and they were awesome. But maybe it's not that good for a ''metal guitar sound''? I play stuff like Jimi Hendrix and this mic gave me the impression that it was the right one:D

Currently I'm using a Laney Lh50r and a Fender Blues Junior. The isolation cab gets a Eminence Wizard (I love this speaker!!).
I would use my 4x12 Laney cab but the Wizard sounds way better and it's too fucking loud if I don't isolate the speaker.
I really need a good EQ. Any recommendations?

:lol: seems like we're using quite the same mic. I got some 58 clone,took of the ball and it sounded and looked like a sm57.
I have never tried the 906 but I heard some recordings and they were awesome. But maybe it's not that good for a ''metal guitar sound''? I play stuff like Jimi Hendrix and this mic gave me the impression that it was the right one:D

EQ recommendations, like a 7 or 10 band graphic would be cool.

I would srsly try to get a good tone with a 57/8 knock off first before a 906.

Get an i5 or something. Wellll do you plan on only recording metal?