Guitar Player's Thread

^
like I said I'm more of a classic rocker, 60ies and 70ies rock music is what I play and record.Well and many more stuff like blues and stuff I don't know how to call:lol: (ok I'm playing guitar for some of my brothers electronica songs but that doesn't count:D )
And the Blues Jr. is IMO one of the best amps for the sound I was looking for. But if I recorded any metal I would use the Laney Amp and my Ibanez RG6CSD..but it has been a long time since I recorded something that one can call metal:lol: (jajajajaja, I know I'm a fag :lol:)
And yeah, I will continue with my old mics, since they're not that bad and I don't want to waste my money on some mic I don't really know.
Is there any brand you can recommend when it comes to EQs?

anyone care to clarify what's the difference of Neck-Thru Body, Bolt-On, Set-Neck, sound wise?

Neck-Thru's supposed to have a longer sustain than bolt-on. Don't know if it's really a noticeable difference. Don't know about set-neck either.

anyone care to clarify what's the difference of Neck-Thru Body, Bolt-On, Set-Neck, sound wise?
you ask the question that was asked is asked and will be asked for EVER.
i was asking this question too and i could go and tell you stories that the neckthrough is the best, the best sustain, attack, etc and set neck is so and so and so blah blah blah....
extremely long story short, it's matter of build quality, material quality and personal preference.
go and play the instrument your self if it appeals to you then go for it. don't let any one fuck your mind about this.

Damn straight. I've had it all by now. Bolt-on,set-neck,set-thru and Neck-thru.

I have had 2 bolt-on guitars. A Bc Rich Warlock Bronze and Ibanez MTM2(which i still have). The Ibanez bolt-on is fucking awesome...the neck heel does not get in the way and it's not bulky! All acess neck joints FTW!!! Then i have a set-thru right now...It's really nice too and has good higher fret acess...I don't think I can notice sustain difference in Set-thru and neck-thru though...not with my ears. Haven't had those 2 side by side but I don't expect that i would notice a big difference at all.

IMO the biggest differences are in the woodtypes...I got a basswood and mahogany guitar right now and they both react and feel very different. Basswood feeling much heavier and having a more punchy and middy sound and the mahogany having alot darker sound and being lighter. I can't say straight out I think one of them is better but they certainly feel&sound different! Ofcourse, the neck puts weight on it too. The ibanez has maple/walnut and the schecter has mahogany!

I also like rosewood more than ebony for some reason...which is rare these days :lol: I just love the color/look of a good rosewood fretboard:cool: It has a certain "warmth" to it IMO!

^
like I said I'm more of a classic rocker, 60ies and 70ies rock music is what I play and record.Well and many more stuff like blues and stuff I don't know how to call:lol: (ok I'm playing guitar for some of my brothers electronica songs but that doesn't count:D )
And the Blues Jr. is IMO one of the best amps for the sound I was looking for. But if I recorded any metal I would use the Laney Amp and my Ibanez RG6CSD..but it has been a long time since I recorded something that one can call metal:lol: (jajajajaja, I know I'm a fag :lol:)
And yeah, I will continue with my old mics, since they're not that bad and I don't want to waste my money on some mic I don't really know.
Is there any brand you can recommend when it comes to EQs?

Jimi who? My room-

img1244931547112.jpg

If you already have a 58 knock off, get the 906, it'll be 'muddier' but I think that isn't a problem when you don't have a bajillion ounces of gain and chugging like you just turned 21.

For EQ's, I use a shitty ass Arion made in Japan 7 band but I plan on getting one of those kerry king 10 band eq's. Shit, if you're on a budget get a danolectro fish n chips. 25 butt holes.

Curious, do any of you guys have the problem of your Stomach hair getting pinched in the springs of your guitar if you're playing without a shirt with a Floyd rose with a back plate removed? haha

Curious, do any of you guys have the problem of your Stomach hair getting pinched in the springs of your guitar if you're playing without a shirt with a Floyd rose with a back plate removed? haha

it has happened, pain was involved

Hi dudes, I'm in this band called In Flamerson. It's sort of a humor metal band, our lyrics are in finnish and don't make that much sense. But anyways, we recently shot a new music video and now it's uploaded to youtube. Guaranteed atleast to put a smile on your faces. :lol:

Oh, and the title of the song could roughly be translated as "Bunker of Cunts" :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi dudes, I'm in this band called In Flamerson. It's sort of a humor metal band, our lyrics are in finnish and don't make that much sense. But anyways, we recently shot a new music video and now it's uploaded to youtube. Guaranteed atleast to put a smile on your faces. :lol:

Oh, and the title of the song could roughly be translated as "Bunker of Cunts" :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUQfiK0RfDU

Ei jumalauta mikä video :lol: Pointsit teille!

Huge WTF at some parts :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUQfiK0RfDU

Reminds me of Stam1na

Don't know if anyone here has seen the new AE dvd yet but it is pretty badass.

It has earned my respect for them... Or atleast more of it lol

Anyways, heres a few songs from it if anyone's curious...:kickass:

Both of the Amotts have great tone imo. I'm hopefully going to pick up a Randall Ninja V2 here in a few months after I enlist in the marines :Smug:

Anyways, enjoy:kickass::headbang::kickass:

Last edited by a moderator: