Guitar Player's Thread

But I looked for it at Thomann and they didn't have it, where can I get it?

Ebay. Although from what i know it's just a power amp that does not make your tone better or anything...It's more like a Tube version of a Solid state. No sound character on its own but powerful.

When I am getting a rack I am probably going to search for a used VHT 2/50/2 on Ebay...Maybe you could look into that aswell?

Not fond of eBay, plus I don't and can't have atm a Paypal account, which narrows my options to almost 0. I guess I'll just go for the Rocktron.

Well, It's cheap and then you can actually save to a better one. You could always use the poweramp on your randall head to power the GP1000. That is possible too.

Good call man :kickass:

BTW, I'm getting an ADA MP1 in 1-2 weeks, depending on how fast I am recording the remaining guitars for my band's demo. I'm using it in the studio because the dude lent it to me, and he said he wants to get rid of it, so I said "ok, I'll think about it and I'll tell you after we've recorded so I can try it". 250€ and nicely treated, this guy is really picky with his stuff :kickass: Which leds me to a question: I'm not really swiming in cash atm, so I was thinking of getting Rocktron Velocity 100 for poweramp, what do you guys think, it's an ok choice to play overall studio and gigs? I know there are better, but for the price... Oh yeah, I can't afford more cos I need also a 2nd guitar. 2 bands with two different tunnings and your only guitar having floating bridge is not good combination.

Mp-1 rules dude, my guitarist plays his through a pv 50/50 and a 1960a.

:kickass: I lack the Peavey 50/50 and my cab is a Randall but still it's going to be nice. I mean, if it sounds nice like I'm recording now (Yamaha solidstate weird power amp and Harley Benton cab), with the Velocity and a Randall cab should sound nice too.

Well, It's cheap and then you can actually save to a better one. You could always use the poweramp on your randall head to power the GP1000. That is possible too.

I don't have any of it :lol: Randall is long gone, and I'm getting an ADA MP-1 :lol: But yeah, Rocktron will do till I can afford something better.

Hi there guys I need help please!!! i purchased the seymour duncan blackouts metal and i was wondering in which guitar should i put them in your opinion? I have an ESP KH-502 with emgHZ and an ESP EX-100...In which guitar will they sound better?? thanks in advance!!!

Put the Blackouts in the KH-502 and move over the EMG HZ to the EX-100. Problem solved, now both of your guitars sound a bit better.

Curve EQ?

I think that shitty ass excuse for a song "Punch Me, I bleed Faggots" on AYDY has just the guitar at the beginning

I used curve EQ but it will apply a a slightly different EQ everytime (using the same preset of course)

So i'll just loop a section and then just record, tweak, tweak more and repeat.

There's also that part right before the first verse in living dead beat.

I really think that weird scooped/phasey is either from narrow ass boosts or some weird micing combo using a 421 or sm7.

The guitar sounds too quiet and the keys and bass too loud imho. The song is nice, just that. And well, maybe add a bit more mids to the guitar to make it sound more smooth, but dunno, maybe it's the guitar, with the low tuning of the 7th string and all.

Thanks for tips,man. And it IS hard to find a decent tone for a 7-string...

Here's how close I can get to the hatebreeder tone, only because I had something to A/B it with.

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/616503/hatebreeder tone.mp3

Anyone know of any songs off AYDY with just one guitar at any part?
this is THE closest if not the sound it self that i have ever heard any one does. well done man!:kickass:

now share the secret how did you do it? pod? vsts? any presets?
please tell me its not pod and its some free vst that you tweaked the crap out of it.

this is THE closest if not the sound it self that i have ever heard any one does. well done man!:kickass:

now share the secret how did you do it? pod? vsts? any presets?
please tell me its not pod and its some free vst that you tweaked the crap out of it.

Haha well I sorta use the real deal with the Gp1000

RR24 > J50BC > SD-1 > GE1000 > 7band graphic EQ > Peavey CL 60/60 > Carvin legacy w/ gt75 > 57 clone > VTB-1 > Cubase > EQ plug

Did a slight scoop with the graphic EQ. Cut the mids (-1 around 800hz) then boosted the lows and highs

Then in post, I did some slight Eqing as well (like the most by +/- 2 on certain freq's)

The key was the micing position, between the edge and dustcap.

I need to get me a fucking i5 or something that has more highs and lows.

Here's how close I can get to the hatebreeder tone, only because I had something to A/B it with.

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/616503/hatebreeder tone.mp3

Anyone know of any songs off AYDY with just one guitar at any part?

What the hell? Did you record that guitars??? It sounds like the fucking album man! More than awesome job! :kickass:

doesn't Musician's friend ship to europe? I forgot what exactly you were looking for, but that site is usually great. they have a lot of variety.

Dunno, haven't checked, but delivers from USA tend to be extremely long, and I need it for August and won't have the money till end of July, so it has to be Thomann :(

Thanks for tips,man. And it IS hard to find a decent tone for a 7-string...

I know, I know. Try boosting the mids as hell and treble too. The 7th string has enough bass itself, and maybe boosting those would make it more clear.

I might sell you mine. But postage would be high, it's a heavy unit.

Rocktron velocity? Well, Thomann has it for 230 and I'm probably getting a new guitar too, so shipping would be 0€, so I guess I'll get it from there. Thanks for the offer anyway. How come you sell it now, didn't you get it like some days ago?

I'm buying a new guitar on saturday.

I'll probably be buying the LTD F-250 but there are other guitars I tried that I liked. What guitar would you guys recommend me between a Xiphos, a LTD M-200FM, a LTD F-250 and some BC Rich guitar I tried that was pretty sweet... it was neck thru and had cream binding on the body.

Basically I'm just looking for an affordable guitar that has 24 frets, neck thru or set thru, and maybe a tremolo but It's no big deal if it's missing, I don't need it that bad.