Guitar Player's Thread

Good job Flappy's mum, but at least do a decent paintjob on it. It'd be a shame to waste all that hard work on just black, you could just go buy one like that. Come up with something creative!!

Good job Flappy's mum, but at least do a decent paintjob on it. It'd be a shame to waste all that hard work on just black, you could just go buy one like that. Come up with something creative!!
Yea that's the thing =p
But it's much harder to come up with something nice than I thought.
I've been thinking about some green stripes indeed but I think I would go for 1 stripe only (at the inner edge) instead of 2 stripes. White ones would be cool too though I guess.

TYPE PENIS ON THE FRETBOARD.

On another note..

3 years ago I saw the AL-600, I drooled like fucking shit, I wanted it. No chance to try it. But was too expensive, so I got the Jackson Stars after some time.

Now finally I got to try an AL-600. I'm on vacation in southern norway.

al1.jpg

al2.jpg

Pros-cons:

+Clear, bright 'attack'
+Clear tone

-"Rugged" feel when sweeping (I didn't like it that much. Same issue with the Alexi Scythe CS)

Conclusion:

It just didn't feel right for me. Didn't feel "natural". But the sound was ok, easy to do triplet stuff and PH's.

I wouldn't buy this guitar tbh:lol: The price is kinda wank.

One funny thing about the price..

The white/black one was about $1,370 while the black/yellow one was about $2,150:erk:

Me: "Why is this one so much more expensive?"

Clerk: "Well Alexi uses the black one the most doesn't he?" *rambles on about factory quantity while saying the store is just cheap and they sell lots of ESP's*

:eek:

Haha that's ridiculous to pay over 2 grand for the AL-600. But yeah even the 'standard' price sucks. I got my pink edition on ebay for like $900 and I had a similar experience when trying out an RR24 in a store. I hated the feel of the neck as compared to my AL600SE which has an unpainted satin finish. I guess what's meant to be just happens! :)

Well, I don't do much computer work, so I don't really understand how it works, but if you have 5 minutes to explain I'd be interested :)

You want software right? As you say you don't need hi-fi, I'll give you a list of not-so-pro but smaller in size (easier and quicker to download) and easier to use:

Drum programing: EZ Drummer+Drumkits From Hell expansion
Guitar: either ReValver or Guitar Rig (you'll need to plug your guitar in your computer through mic in or whatever, and can be tricky to make it sound, but just keep trying)
Recording (mixing and mastering too): Adobe Audition

Keep in mind, I've given you the easy option. Addictive Drums or Superior drums kick EZD's ass, but they're like 10x bigger and not as easy to handle; a ncie micced amp sounds better and e.g. Cubase is a lot more powerful than AA, but also 300000x times harder to use imho. But for a black metal album, you're good to go with what I told you.

Thanks man. That looks pretty cool set.

What kind of microphone you would recommend? And is my computers own soundcard enough?

What kind of microphone you would recommend?

To record amps?

SM57 would be the ideal choice? Or a studio condenser mic:)

And is my computers own soundcard enough?

You will most likely get a second of delay if you are plugging your guitar into your PC then going into Guitar Rig or Revalver.

If you are interested in these things I would recommend you to get the Guitar Rig pack with the foot controller or the soundcard that comes with it.

Or do like me and get a Line 6 Toneport :)

To record amps?

SM57 would be the ideal choice? Or a studio condenser mic:)

To record amps, yes. SM57 seemed quite expensive. I'll consider it.

Ensi said:
You will most likely get a second of delay if you are plugging your guitar into your PC then going into Guitar Rig or Revalver.

If you are interested in these things I would recommend you to get the Guitar Rig pack with the foot controller or the soundcard that comes with it.

Or do like me and get a Line 6 Toneport :)

Toneport could be a good choise. Is it easy to use?

To record amps, yes. SM57 seemed quite expensive. I'll consider it.

Yeah it kinda is expensive. Or you could get a semi decent studio condenser mic :)

Toneport could be a good choise. Is it easy to use?

Sure is.

Install software, plug it in, plug guitar in, configure tone, set input/output and record :)

So many tones and effects to play with.

Take a listen:

'A' standard tuning on a Jackson JS30RR with passive pups :)

You can also use bass with the Toneport, which you also hear in the vid.

Good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having two screens for recording stuff, helps alot. I dont know if you've ever used a computer with two screens but it's really cool. In like settings somewhere you can tell your computer where you are going to position your second screen, (whether its on the right, or above your original screen ect) and then when you use your mouse you can drag stuff onto your second screen, so its literally like an extension of your desktop space.

But if you like maximize a window on your normal screen, it just takes up the one screen like it normally would, it doesn't continue onto the other one.

I want to get a second screen when I buy my "recording" computer because I find myself like always flipping through different windows currently, always trying to find the mixer or the channel FX or opening plug-ins to tweak. With a second window I can just drag the mixer and plug-ins on the second screen and they will stay there and I don't have to worry about it getting in the way of my normal screen.

Hope that made more sense

Yep it did, thanks a lot!

The guitar my mom is building for me is really getting some shape now! =]

*pics*

Awesome! Congrats dude, looking really good already!

Thanks man. That looks pretty cool set.

What kind of microphone you would recommend? And is my computers own soundcard enough?

If you want to mic guitars and bass and vocals then get the 57, it's good for all. About soundcard, just to avoid the mess a standard soundcard can be I'd get a new interface. Toneport is cheap and easy to use, so if you don't need a really pro sound I think it's the way to go. Easy to install, easy to run, easy to get nice tones...

Or then it's because the people who hate it couldn't get a good tone while trying it. That can be blamed on their lack of knowledge in the software:cool:

Sure is.

Install software, plug it in, plug guitar in, configure tone, set input/output and record :)

So many tones and effects to play with.

Take a listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOr2S0Au99E

'A' standard tuning on a Jackson JS30RR with passive pups :)

You can also use bass with the Toneport, which you also hear in the vid.

Good stuff.

Sounds nice.

How difficult it is to get nice tone with that software? Are there any presets or something? I mean, I don't play just BM. I think getting grim BM tone is not so hard.

And last, what are the main differences between Line 6 Toneport UX1 and UX2? Which one I should buy?