Guitar Player's Thread

Btw, I'm going to put a golden bridge in the guitar, would that match well with a green pinstripe?
I just made this with paint :p
Which of the 2:

espalexilaihoarrowhead2p.jpg

or

espalexilaihoarrowhead4b.jpg

Sounds nice.

How difficult it is to get nice tone with that software? Are there any presets or something? I mean, I don't play just BM. I think getting grim BM tone is not so hard.

And last, what are the main differences between Line 6 Toneport UX1 and UX2? Which one I should buy?

Well, UX2 has phantompower. If oyu would like to use condenser mics that is...

It also has 2 Microphone inputs so you could....let's say...mic a drumset through a mixer! It also has separate pot for headphone volume.

The UX1 is very basic. 1 input for mic,1 input for instrument(guitar,bass,keyboard) and a headphone input. Also some analog outs in the back in case you want to plug in a amp as monitor. It's usually more than the average person needs anyway :)

And no, It's not a hard thing to get great tone. Usually takes a person to get you started with some pointers and/or sending some of their presets to display how you do it. It is VERY simple...won't take you more than 15 minutes to know how to shape the tone in different ways. The software is very clear and is basically just like building your own gear up with the cab,head and effects :)

I say, get it! You won't regret it. I swear by mine.

Would you guys trade all your gear for a real lightsaber? I know I would...

:(

lol fuck yeah I would.

Today sucked balls, I woke up at 7 AM and went to Job #1 then drove real fast at 12:30 to go to my summer class I'm taking, then I got lost in a construction detour so I didn't have time to get a proper lunch and had to resort to shitty mcdonalds. Then driving SUPER fast to job #3 where I got bitched at by old ladies all night, while getting bad heartburn and the shits from previously mentioned fast food. 15 hours later I back here ready to do it all again tomorrow lol I haven't had time to play my guitar in weeks it's terrible

lol fuck yeah I would.

Today sucked balls, I woke up at 7 AM and went to Job #1 then drove real fast at 12:30 to go to my summer class I'm taking, then I got lost in a construction detour so I didn't have time to get a proper lunch and had to resort to shitty mcdonalds. Then driving SUPER fast to job #3 where I got bitched at by old ladies all night, while getting bad heartburn and the shits from previously mentioned fast food. 15 hours later I back here ready to do it all again tomorrow lol I haven't had time to play my guitar in weeks it's terrible

Quit.

Make money from playing 4 shows a night.

Toneport can go fuck itself in the ass.

ANd thanks for explaining the dual screens

Dat wat ur mom sed last nite

Seriously, I don't see why people are hating on the toneport because it sounds digital, evils of modelling and such.

The tone you get from it is NICE. Because my recordings have NICE tones. Because I am AWESOME.

Done:cool:

I have one and I don't hate it because it's digital but I prefer real tube amp sounds. And compared to the best Toneport-tube-fake-sound real micd tupe amps always sound better (to me).

Though I use it as my audio interface (rather mic preamp) till I get can something better

Toneport sucks because you can't get any good sound out of it (for me - my sounds are much better), you always need a Notebook/PC for it, it's big, red and everybody has it.

Mine is black, bitch!

Anyway, I don't hear you folks complaining about the recording tone for those here who actually use them. Also, a real mic'd tube amp would be great. I am not made of money though...also would need a completely different room to crank my tube amp and get all the necessary noise supressors and such to ensure clean quality(which i am anal about...so no thanks). I am not a professional musician...this will do for now.

Well, UX2 has phantompower. If oyu would like to use condenser mics that is...

It also has 2 Microphone inputs so you could....let's say...mic a drumset through a mixer! It also has separate pot for headphone volume.

The UX1 is very basic. 1 input for mic,1 input for instrument(guitar,bass,keyboard) and a headphone input. Also some analog outs in the back in case you want to plug in a amp as monitor. It's usually more than the average person needs anyway :)

And no, It's not a hard thing to get great tone. Usually takes a person to get you started with some pointers and/or sending some of their presets to display how you do it. It is VERY simple...won't take you more than 15 minutes to know how to shape the tone in different ways. The software is very clear and is basically just like building your own gear up with the cab,head and effects :)

I say, get it! You won't regret it. I swear by mine.

So you have UX1?

I think I'm going to get that. I'm not professional either and Toneport seems to be just good enough for home recording.

So you have UX1?

I think I'm going to get that. I'm not professional either and Toneport seems to be just good enough for home recording.

Yup, I got my Line 6 UX1 POD Studio(They used to be called Toneport but they changed the color of it and called it POD STUDIO :lol.) about ½ year ago. Had experience with the UX1 like for a year though. It really has not let me down yet :kickass:

I wouldn't know haha

So I had this melody pop in my head when I was playing around in toneport with my lead tone. I'm pretty sure this melody isnt mine so can any of you guys pinpoint it or is it original enough? I feel like I heard it in Church and/or a swallow the sun song. And this also shows that you can get a good tone out of tone port. Well, in my opinion. Don't mind the four count. haha. It's a little sloppy but I was going to make a video later, so the lead part will be changed.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pv7odp

Btw, I'm going to put a golden bridge in the guitar, would that match well with a green pinstripe?
I just made this with paint :p
Which of the 2:

I think you should make green bevels instead of pinstripes and get gold hardware. Imho that'd look good.

Toneport sucks because you can't get any good sound out of it (for me - my sounds are much better), you always need a Notebook/PC for it, it's big, red and everybody has it.

Bad tones: sorry but no, e.g. Flappy got an awesome Tone for his COBOT song and if I'm not mistaken he uses Toneport.
Notebook/PC: you need an amp to play the PX4 (can't stand it with headphones, plus playing alone is kinda boring, a song underneath is nice).
Big,red...: didn't know colours and size had effect on recording.
Everyone has it: many of us have RR shaped guitars, should we just throw them away then?

Sorry but for the price Toneport is more than awesome.

Well, both have some pros and cons (you can update the software of the Toneport; the Korg is easy portable, you don't have to wait until your Notebook is ready, you can use it with smaller amps and clip it on your strap but you DON'T need an amp to play it). Don't you need a song you can play over it with te Toneport or with a real amp too when you don't want to play alone? ;)
Flappys tone is nice indeed but I will always hate Toneports. You DO have more pros with the Korg but eventually you can say what you want. I prefer the sound of real amps much more but it's the same thing with Pepsi vs. Cola, Xbox vs. PS,... if you know what I mean. I hate Pepsi and Playstation.

Don't know how you guys feel about arsis but this is pretty badass imo.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHC9w7pCIMQ&feature=related[/ame]

anyone here have any accurate tabs for their songs??
Everything on ultimate-guitar sucks =/

Last edited by a moderator:

well where do you save your records?