Guitar Player's Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiYG3N66Ih4&fmt=18

I had 9 broken fingers and just got out of jail after 7 years without playing that's why there are mistakes :)

No seriously that's the best I can play right now :(

I used revalver to get a decent sound but there's like .5 seconds of latency :mad: It's really hard to keep time like that.

Oh and one more, I'm learning Gilbert's Echo song, this is what I got so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcczpd0L0HY&fmt=18

Sounds awesome :oops:
Noel, very good job! You seem to be progressing really fast. And I give you props for having so much motivation to practice even tho your guitar isn't that great :kickass:
Whats the main difference? When i was using Windows XP i could choice that option, but i have Windows 7 right now and the input/output options are blank.
How are you liking Windows 7? I want to replace Vista with it.

Why those stupid questions? You clearly know what I mean

ähm nee ehrlich gesagt garnicht. und wenn du jetzt von bandmaschinen schwärmen willst dann sag nicht das ich blöde Fragen stelle, komm mal klar:lol:
Erklär mal was ich da jetzt wie verstehen soll?

I use Revalver MKIII with Reaper and ASIO4ALL. It only records the guitar, nothing else.

To expand on what ASIO really is; it stands for Audio Stream Input/Output, and it's pretty much a driver that bypasses the audio stream from all the layers that it would go through by conventional normal sound card means, i.e going through windows and through all the programs.

ASIO takes the signal directly through all this mishmash of piss, and straight from the source, to the soundcard, not only DRASTICALLY improving latency, but also retaining quality in uncompressed sound files, such as raw .wav.

Most higher end studio soundcards, amateur and professional, come with asio technology inbuilt, and i recommend that those of you who have this, use it.

For those who don't get that option in ReValver MKIII, you have the option of this:

ASIO4ALL — a free universal ASIO driver for Windows that brings ASIO support to users of virtually all consumer-grade soundcards and integrated audio chipsets. It also supports semi-pro and pro digital audio systems.

as taken from Wikipedia, read more about the technology there.

With this software, you should be able to play real time without any delay, with ReValver MKIII, for practice and recording if you want.

I hope this helps some of you, and answers some questions.

Mexican Madness!
nice, dude:)

:lol: Mexican Madness sounds like a good song title :p

Thank you :)

Noel, very good job! You seem to be progressing really fast. And I give you props for having so much motivation to practice even tho your guitar isn't that great :kickass:

It's not? :cry:

:p J/K, I'm planning to buy a new one as soon as I pay some of my debts, the other day I played an Ibanez and it felt aaaaaaawesome :lol: I couldn't believe how great it felt playing on it, I could easily play some stuff that I find really hard to play on my guitar!!

And thank you BTW :)

I seriously don't know how Mitch or you do it, but I can't get a nice recording tone out of my PX4.

Well I find it easy. Sure's there's a hell of a lot ugly tones, but the tone is there. Just search. Personally I have it set up with the AC15 UK80s cab, bass at 5, relatively high treble and mids and I boost it with an ART tube preamp so it can haz overdrive. I also use a small amount of chorus to smoothen it out, and the low pass filter to get rid of boomy bass.

How are you liking Windows 7? I want to replace Vista with it.
It's awesome. Interface is a little bit different then Vista but its very nice. There only is a Release Candidate available (which you can use until 1 june 2010). But its running great.

I do also have Windows 7 and I can use this option in audition... But I can't hear any difference
No, not in audition. In Revalver.
The difference should be in latency. But with the direct sound option i dont have any noticable latency at all.

I didn't like it that much to be honest:D I miss some great melodies, too much pure shredding without soul, man

I didn't like it that much to be honest:D I miss some great melodies, too much pure shredding without soul, man

homoface mcfagpants, take your shitty soul guitar playing and beat it :mad:

:p

in all seriousness though, i can't see the words "shredding without soul" without thinking "pretentious elitist cock"

I thought the Technical Difficulties stuff was played pretty feckin' awesome.

The kid's insanely fast:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVfC9kfEpX4&feature=related[/ame]