Guitar Player's Thread

^Let the computer Decide By PG

Although he is a very talented guitarist and technically proficient, he needs to stop trying to be PG. He's even started doing guitar clinics and got endorsed by some underground guitar company. Which is total bollocks if you ask me, considering he doesn't actually play any of his own songs. If this were anyone else but a kid he wouldn't recieve so much attention.

Anyway :lol:, hows everyone doing? It's been a while since I was last here. Any Jams going on/gone on?

@Mystique Thats awesome that Muhammad is so open about his gear and available to answer any questions. I've been reading through; really quite interesting, the new album sounds like its going to be a right beast. I'm only concerned as to why he doesn't get the phagist forum up and running and do it on there :mad: :p

homoface mcfagpants, take your shitty soul guitar playing and beat it :mad:

:p

in all seriousness though, i can't see the words "shredding without soul" without thinking "pretentious elitist cock"

^completely agree. I didn't wanna say anything cuz he'll only reply with another pretentious remark.

I'd actually have to agree with him, even though that kid is awfully skilled.

Well I find it easy. Sure's there's a hell of a lot ugly tones, but the tone is there. Just search. Personally I have it set up with the AC15 UK80s cab, bass at 5, relatively high treble and mids and I boost it with an ART tube preamp so it can haz overdrive. I also use a small amount of chorus to smoothen it out, and the low pass filter to get rid of boomy bass.

Well thanks for the input, I'll try that. But so far, while I have some tones that sound cool for rock playing, when I crank the distortion up a bit more or add couple of things starts doing a really annoying noise, I hate that!

Awesome! Thanks a lot!

Pђoenix;8356281 said:
^Let the computer Decide By PG

Although he is a very talented guitarist and technically proficient, he needs to stop trying to be PG. He's even started doing guitar clinics and got endorsed by some underground guitar company. Which is total bollocks if you ask me, considering he doesn't actually play any of his own songs. If this were anyone else but a kid he wouldn't recieve so much attention.

Anyway :lol:, hows everyone doing? It's been a while since I was last here. Any Jams going on/gone on?

@Mystique Thats awesome that Muhammad is so open about his gear and available to answer any questions. I've been reading through; really quite interesting, the new album sounds like its going to be a right beast. I'm only concerned as to why he doesn't get the phagist forum up and running and do it on there :mad: :p

Yep we got a Jam going, check 3-4 pages back and you should find the bt, or I can upload it for you if you want :)

Here's my entry to the Coolidge amp competition!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question, how do I record using Revalver and Audition, this is what happens when I try:

If I select Direct Sound in Audio Hardware Setup the guitar won't have any overdrive so that doesn't work, so I select ASIO4ALL v2, then I select Input and it looks like this:

dibujohwz.jpg

But when I open Revalver it looks like this:

dibujobae.jpg

And when I try to record something nothing is recorded :cry:

^completely agree. I didn't wanna say anything cuz he'll only reply with another pretentious remark.

...?:rolleyes:
that kid plays way better than me but why can't I say I don't like it that much?:lol: I just like other riffs and licks..
so pretentious

that kid plays way better than me but why can't I say I don't like it that much?:lol: I just like other riffs and licks..
so pretentious

so pretentious

I agree. I've never been big on solo guitarists, I appreciate their skill and everything... but they normally don't hold my attention so well.

Is it going to have vocals? If yes, then I guess it'll change a bit, but if not it actually gets a bit boring at the end. Cool riffs, but they
need vocals imho.

Here's my entry to the Coolidge amp competition!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nwvTBlWLy0

Awesome! :lol: The guy's going to have some serious laughs at that, and it's not the typical shred vid of which he will get 42354234536456345.

:kickass:

I agree. I've never been big on solo guitarists, I appreciate their skill and everything... but they normally don't hold my attention so well.

Yet you love Wintersun :lol: I know, Jari makes awesome songs, but he's a wanker too :lol: