Guitar Player's Thread

I liked it dude, its pretty epic. You need to get some different drum samples man, the kick sounds great but I think it would sound better with a different cracker snare.
I agree vocals would make it sound awesome! I love some of the riffs you have, they really grove!

On a side note, here's a little weekend adventure story for you lol

I almost got arrested last night for "serving minors". We were driving around with a shitload of unopened beer in the back seat and I was the only one in the car that was of legal drinking age. And we got stopped at a "sobriety checkpoint" (wtf is that shit) and the cop started using his metal flashlight of doom and saw the beer through the window and started threatening to throw me in jail if I was planning on serving minors. But I insisted that It was all mine and that I planned on drinking every goddamn beer in the back of the car by myself (even though there was like 40 beers haha)

And then I got drunk and tried to "mail a beer" by putting a big unopened 22oz bottle of beer into a post-office box on the street
I wonder what the post man thought when he found a full bottle of beer in the mailbox this morning :lol:

I liked it dude, its pretty epic. You need to get some different drum samples man, the kick sounds great but I think it would sound better with a different cracker snare.
I agree vocals would make it sound awesome! I love some of the riffs you have, they really grove!

On a side note, here's a little weekend adventure story for you lol

I almost got arrested last night for "serving minors". We were driving around with a shitload of unopened beer in the back seat and I was the only one in the car that was of legal drinking age. And we got stopped at a "sobriety checkpoint" (wtf is that shit) and the cop started using his metal flashlight of doom and saw the beer through the window and started threatening to throw me in jail if I was planning on serving minors. But I insisted that It was all mine and that I planned on drinking every goddamn beer in the back of the car by myself (even though there was like 40 beers haha)

And then I got drunk and tried to "mail a beer" by putting a big unopened 22oz bottle of beer into a post-office box on the street
I wonder what the post man thought when he found a full bottle of beer in the mailbox this morning :lol:

lol
you hang out with kids?

Look what I got today guys!

DSC00532-1.jpg

Velocity is on its way, should be here somewhere along the week :kickass:

Pђoenix;8358356 said:
Cool! I'll see if I can come up with anything. If you could upload the BT it'd be much appreciated, the one I found a few pages back keeps coming up with a DL error :S

Here you go!

Haha, I see Jari as a songwriter, not so much a solo guitarist (though his solos are the best to me) What makes you say he's a wanker? He seems pretty genuine :p

Didn't say he's not genuine, but Wintersun solos are reeeeeeeeeeeally long most of the times, and full of fast impossible sweeps and stuff. For me a wanker is someone who goes fast fast fast and somehow over the top usually. Doesn't necessarily have a negative side.

Fuckin killer dude, it makes great clips with impulses too for silent recording. much better then the gp1000

Just got home with my guitarists rack, gonna pick up at 1960a sometime tomorrow.

img1245652492050.jpg

does any of you have any experience with the metal pack for Toneport? I'm probably getting a toneport ux2 soon and wanna know if the metal pack would be worth the money. I never got a good tone for extreme metal from neither Revalver nor Guitar Rig.

I got the stock presets and amp models. It does it for me :) Only thing I would fancy more of is vocal presets! Classic vocal is the one closest to high and harsh vocals but damn it's almost too extreme. Alos, the prog rock vocal is way too dry.

Necrö;8362240 said:
does any of you have any experience with the metal pack for Toneport? I'm probably getting a toneport ux2 soon and wanna know if the metal pack would be worth the money. I never got a good tone for extreme metal from neither Revalver nor Guitar Rig.

Yeah, you probably would like it then. The Big Bottoms model and the Cali Diamond Plate model are real heavy sounding. Probably the best in the metalshop pack

I'm stressed out, I'm going down to Pennsylvania next week to record guitars and bass for my upcoming band's album and my computer is starting to act all buggy. I might re-format it before I go down just in case.

I cant wait to show you guys some of the songs, I think they will be right up your alley if you liked my songs for the COBOT albums. We finally narrowed it down to 13 songs we are going to record. The album doesn't have a name yet, the band does but we are keeping it under wraps until we get some stuff straightened out.

Band should be up and running by the end of summer, Album by the end of the year. We decided it will be FREE for download.

So that's just a little lowberg update, wish me luck in getting all my band shit together in the next week.