Guitar Player's Thread

Necrö;8362240 said:
does any of you have any experience with the metal pack for Toneport? I'm probably getting a toneport ux2 soon and wanna know if the metal pack would be worth the money. I never got a good tone for extreme metal from neither Revalver nor Guitar Rig.

Got it + Collectors Classics and FX Junkie.

Real good shit in there, there is like something for every taste. Kinda.

I use Deitys Son in my tone. :)

Jesus fuck, 13 songs?

I gotta finish 6 up before July 2nd.

:lol: seems like a ton, but we started writing for this band like a year and a half ago, we had like 30 song ideas, about 20 became full songs, and about 13 we decided were really good. We will probably pick apart the good riffs from the unused songs and recycle them in the future.

Yeah they have been able to coax some awesome tones out of the line6 stuff, but just don't expect it to sound like this out of the box. That guy uses a lot of external stuff outside of gearbox to make it sound better, (He uses the Big bottom pre-amp and better sounding cab modeling outside of podfarm)

For a more pure example of the metalshop pack check this guy's song out,
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/324317/The Convicted.mp3

The guitars were done ENTIRELY with what's in podfarm metal shop
he said he used the Cali Diamondplate model and the tube overdrive stomp box

Those two guys are very good at metal production, so I'm sure they have their secrets to beefing up the line6 stuff

^ Nice Jose,you can definately achieve some Paul Gilbert tones with that thing!

Indeed I can! My band will most likely kill me the first day we start rehearshing in august (we play death-thrash metal and the're not very fond of soloing, but as maing guitar player and writer I got to decide that and I indeed have solo spots in all songs :lol:), but they can fuck off, I like that tone and I'm sticking to it. I may use a bit of overdrive if they get too mad :lol:

They both sound like thin 80's pre amps.

Indeed they do.

Yeah, you probably would like it then. The Big Bottoms model and the Cali Diamond Plate model are real heavy sounding. Probably the best in the metalshop pack

I'm stressed out, I'm going down to Pennsylvania next week to record guitars and bass for my upcoming band's album and my computer is starting to act all buggy. I might re-format it before I go down just in case.

I cant wait to show you guys some of the songs, I think they will be right up your alley if you liked my songs for the COBOT albums. We finally narrowed it down to 13 songs we are going to record. The album doesn't have a name yet, the band does but we are keeping it under wraps until we get some stuff straightened out.

Band should be up and running by the end of summer, Album by the end of the year. We decided it will be FREE for download.

So that's just a little lowberg update, wish me luck in getting all my band shit together in the next week.

Looking really good? Are you recording all the way? I mean, drums and bass and everything. And you're doing the engineer/producer job or you just bring your computer to have it there or you have someone doing it for you?

Oh, and good luck! :kickass:

Awesome! Although the guy must have spent hours tweaking shit and doing post eq and stuff.

Jesus fuck, 13 songs?

I gotta finish 6 up before July 2nd.

But do you have some kind of deadline or something or it's just that you decided it? Anyway, good for me :lol:

Got it + Collectors Classics and FX Junkie.

Real good shit in there, there is like something for every taste. Kinda.

I use Deitys Son in my tone. :)

Where did you get the metal pack? You paid for it?

Congrats. Any ideas? Still have that Loomis sig in your mind or going for something completely different?

welll im thinking about...

ibanez rg350m
ibanez rg 7321

schecter loomis

esp
i realllly want an m-II ive seen some awesome used ones for good prices but idk if i'll be able to snag a good deal
an ec-1000 vb most likely used

prs paul allender

Well, not sure what you want cos the guitars you say are pretty different from each other, but if I have to choose one from the list then it's definitely the Loomis sig.

Pђoenix;8363274 said:
Cheers for the link Jose and congrats on the Mp-1!

No problem, and thanks! :kickass:

But do you have some kind of deadline or something or it's just that you decided it? Anyway, good for me :lol:

We are all leaving for some bullshit on the 4th so when we get back we will all be living at the band house again practicing and booking shows like crazy.

Was just a question :lol:

Edit: If you guys were to get a noise gate (and knowing the ISP decimator rack thing is too expensive and has too many buttons) which would you get?

-Decimator (pedal)
-Rocktron Hush Super C (rack)

Decimator.

NEW GUITAR!

Serial Number : 06063986
Model : EVL-Z6
Year : 2006
Condition : Second hand (first owner : Theo from In Arkadia)
Specs :
  • Construction : Set-in
  • Body : Alder (or mahogany, it depends of the year, to be confirmed!)
  • Neck : Maple
  • Fretboard : Ebony
  • Frets : 22
  • Scale : 24.75"
  • Inlays : EVL custom + pentagon circles
  • Micros : EMG 81 & 60
  • Bridge : TonePros Lic. Locking bridge with string thru body
  • Coulour : Black Metallic Satin

Pictures

2n6yfr8.jpg

28ciqdu.jpg

x0tkwh.jpg