Guitar Player's Thread

I don't know where it went/what page it's on, and I'm too lazy to look for it. So I'll just refer to it- The first forum jam was pretty cool, even though I've never thought shredding over a blues backing track would work, but hey, it wasn't half bad. That's actually where I'd have to give mystique props, not because she's my sis, or that I had to listen to it a 100xs over and over again, but because it actually fit. Nothing compared to Corny's though, man that was just... :cool: for lack of a better word, haha.

Just bought :D

mybaby.jpg

Wow, have you tried looking on ultimate-guitar.com?????

Has anyone done anything regarding the 2nd forum jam???? I haven't had the time yet but I'm hoping someone has done something because this one is going shit. I've only had 1 solo yet and it's been like 2 weeks or something.

I can just say forget it and revise the idea in a few weeks, if that suits everyone else better? I think I've worked everyday for as long as I can remember so I don't have time to sit here all day and come up with anything.

I can just say forget it and revise the idea in a few weeks, if that suits everyone else better?

I wanted to propose it a few days ago, but I didn't want so sound like a slacker (blame the dictionary for this word).

In fact, it would be great for me. I have some shit going on at the moment, so I can't focus on creative things...

Has anyone done anything regarding the 2nd forum jam???? I haven't had the time yet but I'm hoping someone has done something because this one is going shit. I've only had 1 solo yet and it's been like 2 weeks or something.

I can just say forget it and revise the idea in a few weeks, if that suits everyone else better? I think I've worked everyday for as long as I can remember so I don't have time to sit here all day and come up with anything.

Guess people have final exams and parties to go to.

I made mine at my friends house and i'm just waiting for him to send it to me.

3 obervation i made ive already said one but im a go ahead and repeat myself

first..........the more powerchords you use the more its sounds the same
second.....if youre gonna play a beat that repeats it self you better have good lyrics
third......this is like a add on to the second after a solo make sure you change beat so people wont change song

XD words of wisdom from me

actually, i've been working on mine. i've basically written it out but i just need to practice it a bit.

but what was your proposition? to postpone it basically?

and what happened to jmbullet, justinchut, emptifier, and all those others that said they'd participate this time...is inhe the only one who's submitted so far?

I've jammed over the track a bit and I don't think it's a very good one for a jam. That's just me though, I think it's a cool track in itself just not so great for coming up with ideas and soloing over. Probably won't record anything for this one, but good luck anyways!

I've jammed over the track a bit and I don't think it's a very good one for a jam. That's just me though, I think it's a cool track in itself just not so great for coming up with ideas and soloing over. Probably won't record anything for this one, but good luck anyways!

I kinda agree with you on this one. The best backing track would be 4 chord progression, so you could actually make a cool melody out of it. The chords behind the solo are almost as important as the solo itself.