Guitar Player's Thread

If I ever get enough, I think I might buy a Jackson RR24.

When I first saw the pics from the NAMM show, I was put off by the fact that there was no neck binding but I just found a few pics and it looks like it has. It's now 100% perfect to me.

zzzi4.jpg

One pickup doesn't bother me, neither does the upside down sharkfin inlays. The black and yellow looks amazing with the black hardware and white neck binding.

Only £683, P&P included. Seems pretty cheap(ish) to me.

That's cool, but have you tried it already? When i tried it, the frets felt as if they were made out of plastic, really weird sensation :erk:

If I ever get enough, I think I might buy a Jackson RR24.
zzzi4.jpg
God... if you ever should buy it, I think it would be a great thing. I mean, this has always been one of my faves guitars, I love it.

I hope you'll buy it for real, one day... so you'd have 3 awesome guitars, wow (and I could be able to come to England just to steal them, be careful... :heh: ...:saint:)!!

That's cool, but have you tried it already? When i tried it, the frets felt as if they were made out of plastic, really weird sensation :erk:

Same here, :erk: personally I don't think it's all that good, but I have nothing against anybody wanting one because it does actually look kickass! :D

I would much rather just import a Jackson J2SP from Japan, costs are similiar and the quality is much better, not to mention; gain booster ftw.

^Sources abroad can't always be relied upon, not to metion it's alot of hassle.

Random: why the fuck is it raining so much over here, its like rainforest weather :S

Its been raining really heavily for hours now, does make you think about gobal warming...

Rain can be awesome and I suppose romantic; my ex-gf used to love it when it rained because she loved my hair wet/wild :p but I prefer sunshine :D

Nah I haven't but tbh, I'm a dick and just wanna buy it 'cause of the looks. :lol:

I'm sure I'll like it anyway but if I do have a chance to try it, then I defintely will.

I don't like the J2SP's as much as this. At least this is yellow instead of gold and the hardware is black instead of gold. Like I said, this, for me, is the PERFECT RR type guitar and since it's not too expensive, it might just jump into my collection one day.

I think you pay double for the Japan imports because of tax, anyway.

Enemy242 said:
this is a question for warheart, i went on your recordings of the reaper and listened to your cover of get out of my yard and i was wondering, how exactly would one play that since whenever i see paul play it he always has a person fretting certain notes for him? also, i read some tabs that say the strings used are all tuned in E? how exactly does that work? how would i go about playing it with tapping? any help would be appreciated.

Instead of explaining, I'll just go:

TAB

Don't really know if it is old news but Muhammad (Necrophagist) is getting a custom 7string ibanez xiphos. Personally, I can't fucking wait to see it :heh:

^I read it on a forum some time ago, but didn't see anything that could confirm it, where did you read it?

Nah I haven't but tbh, I'm a dick and just wanna buy it 'cause of the looks. :lol:

I'm sure I'll like it anyway but if I do have a chance to try it, then I defintely will.

I don't like the J2SP's as much as this. At least this is yellow instead of gold and the hardware is black instead of gold. Like I said, this, for me, is the PERFECT RR type guitar and since it's not too expensive, it might just jump into my collection one day.

I think you pay double for the Japan imports because of tax, anyway.

Instead of explaining, I'll just go:

TAB

nice, thanks a ton man

^I read it on a forum some time ago, but didn't see anything that could confirm it, where did you read it?

An ibanez forum, jemsite I think. Some guy form the CS posted some pics of the work area and some guy asked if the in-progress-7string was for Muhammad. Of course the answer was yes.

I'm a bit sceptic about it tbh, i'm not usually fond of 7-strings, just sounds so harsh. Just listen to seven, that intro is heavier and more br00tal than alot of songs, just imagine that with a 7-stringed.