Guitar Player's Thread

I got my guitar. it's a Stagg sw205/12n. It sounds great, nice and loud, but the saddle is a little high so it's really difficult to get those strings down onto the fretboard, so I'm thinking of loosening all the strings and filing some deeper grooves for the strings to sit in so the action is lower!!

I've played some really awesome acoustics, and I want this to feel like it, 'cause at the moment, it's not so much a pleasure to play!

┼Victim of the Night┼;8743962 said:
umeanieiclickedonitanditgavemenopagewithfingerexercises :mad:
[/SIZE]

:heh:

My Guitar Teacher just died of cancer... ;_;
This year just keeps getting shitter and shitter

Shit man, sorry to hear that.

haha I hope you can get that git box playing well Mitch.

Hey you Syu guys, what are some great Galneryus songs? I listened to like 5 songs off of Advance to the Fall and i'm annoyed. Silent Revelation is fantastic and then everything else afterthat sounds cliche and shit like, I need some suggestions.

Eddy...holy shit man that sucks...sorry to hear...

on a somewhat related note...

I started jazz lessons a couple weeks, it's fucking awesome. I need to get my ass working to be able to apply for these music college and do auditions. Berklee College of Music is the goal....it's a bit hard to get into but honestly the audition process does not seem that hard, i'll be more than prepared by time. and they really focus on raw talent, drive etc. etc. and im pretty sure i have that :)

but yeah jazz is a whole 'nother animal, i use just my acoustic for it and im learning all these awesome chords, learning a ton more theory, doing fingerstyle and learning how to comp and add bass lines. tons of improvisation as well, it's great shit. and lately ive been really into fusion/instrumental shit and i'm working on fusion/jazz/funk solo material.

Hey you Syu guys, what are some great Galneryus songs? I listened to like 5 songs off of Advance to the Fall and i'm annoyed. Silent Revelation is fantastic and then everything else afterthat sounds cliche and shit like, I need some suggestions.

My Last Farewell is a fantastic song. Sign Of Revolution has a leet tapping/solo section. Shriek Of The Vengeance is just leet. TBF "Beyond The End of Despair" is my favourite album. Also "Shiver" "In The Cage" "The Night Craver" Get on it lad. Some Galneryus so winrar.

But ye, dem arps in Silent Revolution = 8======D

Funny you ask, I was just going through the music on my old harddrive and I put mediaplayer on shuffle and the first song that came up was

Galneryus- Vanishing Wish

I haven't listened to them in ages but this song sounds heavy as shit lol
Its got a cool symphony X riffing vibe

thanks guys, yeah Beyond the Edge of Despair has a sick vibe to it, this is what I want.

i was pretty sure i would get a Paf Pro, but then i heard the DiMarzio From Hell, and it's pretty awesome too, halp plz!

After my Dragonforce gig, I found TWO picks on the floor! So I gave one to my mate because they're his favourite band. I then later realised that mine said FRED on the back, and I was like "ah man, I wanted Herman's". I asked him to bring his into work and his was Herman's!!! I had given him the pick I thought was a double, but he refused to give it back, because apparantly "Herman?" was his fave...:rolleyes: (he doesn't know any of the fucking names!!)

But since I owed him £23 for the ticket and train fare, I refused to pay him back until he gave me 'my' pick back. :lol: He brought it in today...:D WIN!

So now I have a guitar pick from Herman, Sam & Fred. Originally, he said "how about if we swap". But I decided to not accept a shitty deal. If I had realised what picks I had at the start, I would have kept them both.

And I'm making progress with my 12 string. I've been filing away at the saddle and I've knocked about 1cm off the action!! The low E & A strings are great!!

Good to hear man, hopefully it'll be playing great soon :)

i was pretty sure i would get a Paf Pro, but then i heard the DiMarzio From Hell, and it's pretty awesome too, halp plz!

I'd strongly recommend trying the new Petrucci pickups, I know I've said it over and over lately, but BC&SL's tone is AMAZING and the tone clips I've heard (I think it was Delanoir who posted a clip by another guy (not JP), sounded awesome too) sound really good too, and both look pretty versatile.

After my Dragonforce gig, I found TWO picks on the floor! So I gave one to my mate because they're his favourite band. I then later realised that mine said FRED on the back, and I was like "ah man, I wanted Herman's". I asked him to bring his into work and his was Herman's!!! I had given him the pick I thought was a double, but he refused to give it back, because apparantly "Herman?" was his fave...:rolleyes: (he doesn't know any of the fucking names!!)

But since I owed him £23 for the ticket and train fare, I refused to pay him back until he gave me 'my' pick back. :lol: He brought it in today...:D WIN!

So now I have a guitar pick from Herman, Sam & Fred. Originally, he said "how about if we swap". But I decided to not accept a shitty deal. If I had realised what picks I had at the start, I would have kept them both.

And I'm making progress with my 12 string. I've been filing away at the saddle and I've knocked about 1cm off the action!! The low E & A strings are great!!

haha that's awesome!!

that's awesome about the 12 string, you get to love the chorus effect it adds to everything, and it makes you play a lot simpler