Guitar Player's Thread

Yeah 12 strings rule!

I doubt it but, has anyone ever had their frets leveled and crowned?

My Jackson's frets are starting to get unevenly worn down, I'm just afraid of loosing too much fret height. I'm not quite sure how much they file down when they do the leveling.

SORRY TO DOUBLE POST BUT HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.leejackson.com/Metaltronix/

256 individual Guitar Preamps at a flip on a switch!
Over 30 Patent Pending Designs
100 % Tube Signal Path Design
100 % free of Solidstate or Modeling circuitry
Fastset® Motorized Controls
Studio Quality Active Tube EQ

Metaltronix_amp_layout.gif

Metaltronix_m1500_layout.gif

LEE JACKSON MAKING NEW AMPS?
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Alright lets start the price guessing.
My guess based on his expensive pedals that that the first one is going to be like $3,000 :(
I cant wait to hear these!

They sound like this

Also notice ridiculous drum set, the 3 foot deep mini toms :lol:
Actually I think my drummer has the same shells as that guy, he's got an 87 or 89 white Tama, the toms and kicks are soo oversized and 80s and my drummer is like 5 feet tall so its funny with him behind that haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah 12 strings rule!

I doubt it but, has anyone ever had their frets leveled and crowned?

My Jackson's frets are starting to get unevenly worn down, I'm just afraid of loosing too much fret height. I'm not quite sure how much they file down when they do the leveling.

Nope, but if you're worried about that, then just have it re-fretted completely. It'll be like playing a brand new guitar again!

Yeah but I did some research and a re-fret for this type of guitar costs like $400-500 :cry:, and I've heard a lot of horror stories about fingerboards getting scraped up/damaged while removing the frets
(they have to use pliers to get them out)

The shark-fin inlays also come so close the frets on the Jackson, I'd reckon they'd get ultra fucked up. I've also heard that its a lot more difficult on guitars with binding

ugh gives me the shivers just thinking about it

Flat frets :lol:
IMG_3479-1.jpg

Yeah but I did some research and a re-fret for this type of guitar costs like $400-500 :cry:, and I've heard a lot of horror stories about fingerboards getting scraped up/damaged while removing the frets
(they have to use pliers to get them out)

The shark-fin inlays also come so close the frets on the Jackson, I'd reckon they'd get ultra fucked up. I've also heard that its a lot more difficult on guitars with binding

ugh gives me the shivers just thinking about it

Flat frets :lol:
IMG_3479-1.jpg

Guitar on Ebay = cash...cash = NEW guitar!! :kickass:

Yeah, there's no way I'd sell a Jackson USA Soloist that nice.

On another note...

FUCKING FUCK YEAH

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say refret it yourself, as from what I've read it doesn't seem that difficult- but you're right, the binding is supposed to make it a lot harder. I dunno, there's probably some tips on how to get around the binding problem somewhere on teh netz..