Guitar Player's Thread

I know, the fact that they discontinued those is madness. One of those and the FR-Vs they had both tricked out with Duncans/Dimarzios would be awesome.

those familiar with SunO))) the band might find this funny

Those who are not familiar, this isn't far off of how they sound :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
lol I love his hood acting as his robes, I regret not going to see them when they came by haha

Anyone else think Periphery are badass when you only hear guitar drums and bass and then, extremely gay and sucky when they have their vocalist in the mix? They waste all those riffs...it just ruins it for me

Icarus Lives is badass.

This is one of their heavier songs. I wish all had these kind of vocals!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lER_J7Zf0_s&feature=PlayList&p=C1A0B81C884E7A95&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=18[/ame]

The version they got on myspace is better though, probably because youtube quality just is shit.

On the topic of my 12 string, here are some pics of the modification:

Saddle:
idawhz.jpg

Nut:
10rsrc7.jpg

Action of E, A, D, G. I hadn't done the B or E strings yet:
11v2zpk.jpg

The Guitar:
1zp5il1.jpg

Group pic:
280mrgi.jpg

I'm done now. :) I finished it a few days after.

And when he brought it round, he said "I'm only selling it because I can't play it...". :p

I could do...don't really know what to play on it though! I feel as if I need to play something that's not just 3 chords, you know..

:lol: I see what you mean, but I also feel that your definition of "I don't really know what to play on it" will differ a lot from our mortal opinions :) Just give it a go and try some cool acoustic soung you like. You can go Lady Gaga if you want :p

Tune it to an open tuning and let it rip, fun and easy way to explore new tunings and sounds, acoustics that is :p

Devin Townsend has also used Open C for most of his solo work, and even some SYL. Though the former would obviously be much more suited for acoustic.

EDIT: The new albums (Ki and Addicted) are in Open B.

Devin Townsend has also used Open C for most of his solo work, and even some SYL. Though the former would obviously be much more suited for acoustic.

EDIT: The new albums (Ki and Addicted) are in Open B.

About 90% of Devins work is in Open C, He's used that tuning since he was like, 8 years old.

Other tunings are as mentioned Open B, Open C with an added low G(7 string), some standard tunings very rarely, and in physicist and some early strapping: AAAEAE

And most of Ki and Addicted are Open B, some are Open C and some are E standard.

When I have a 12-string in my hands I always start playing the same thing at the beginning :lol:
Intro from Written in stone goes into Whoracle goes into some DORO stuff end ends with either Stairway to heaven or some Metallica shit.

Btw. my gf has a Mandoline... does anybody know how to tune it?