Guitar Player's Thread

haha I hope you can get that git box playing well Mitch.

Hey you Syu guys, what are some great Galneryus songs? I listened to like 5 songs off of Advance to the Fall and i'm annoyed. Silent Revelation is fantastic and then everything else afterthat sounds cliche and shit like, I need some suggestions.
Syuriously, Silent Revelation is probably my favorite off that album, followed by Whisper in the Red Sky.
And here, this demo that Syu does of My Last Farewell is actually better than the album version. Does wonders for the soul ;)
[youtube]CojSv833FqI&feature=related[/youtube]

Formerly known as Aushvitz. I <3 his harsh vocals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who the fuck is Syu?!?

^^^ That guy. Originally a guitarist of Valkyr, now the guitarist of Galneryus and Spinalcord. Also did work in a band called Animetal which focused in doing covers of Japanese anime tv shows and stuff.

Good player but I don't like his stuff... ... Auschwitz?

Syu: Originally, I named it because I hope it won't happen again and I wanted to express my heart-rending feelings. But when Aushvitz will release its next CD, we'll change the band name.

Aushvitz was like the darker side of Syu's music, whereas Galneryus expresses a much more hopeful/optimistic feel.

Regarding Syu, I'd have to say he clearly is not for everyone. But those who do like him probably do because of the heavily emotional and expressive feelings he conveys in his solos. A true melodic genius. He has some pretty cool rhythms here and there, but it's pretty clear his strengths lie in his leads/melodies. I can see why you may find him cheesy and/or not br00tal. To each his own.

Ah ok... It's really not for everyone.

The more I read his name, the more problems I have with the pronunciation.

Syu =
like the swedish word for 7 or
S = pronounced like Sch (the sh in the word Washington) or normal S?
Y = pronounced like E or Ü (like... mmh... do you know how to pronounce an Ü? can't find an english word to describe it)

men_s_sport_shoe.jpg

My volume knob to my RR24 has been giving me hell for a long time by falling off whenever it damn well pleases, so I had tried everything to get it to stay on, including super glue, and yesterday I was walking to my drummers house and by the time I got there the fucking thing was gone...

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

My volume knob to my RR24 has been giving me hell for a long time by falling off whenever it damn well pleases, so I had tried everything to get it to stay on, including super glue, and yesterday I was walking to my drummers house and by the time I got there the fucking thing was gone...

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

Get a new one.

Chords are the basics my teacher is learning me. And two finger chords are no problem.. three and four finger chords are..

A friend of mine suggested I should try and stretch my fingers by pushing them apart on my knee..