Guitar Player's Thread

Malone has been facing issues with anorexia and bulimia. Hence the album title, and reason he disappeared off the grid for a while and possibly why some people left the band.

Nah, they all pretty much said they left because they didn't seem to fit in, atleast personality wise. I can kinda see it. They're all pretty heavy party people and James is like this dorky musical genius.

For that cheap you should go for it, they tend to be pricey. And they make acoustic passages, especially chords, sounds much better (in my opinion) or at the very least more unique and therefor memorable.

dude....get a 12 string. i was lucky enough to get a 1968 sigma 12 string from my first guitar teacher as a gift and its fucking awesome. 12 strings are amazing, tune em into open tunings like open Dm and its fucking crazy, amazing chorus effect. they're really cool to have

Yeah, sounds good to me. For 30 quid, I suppose I can't go wrong!

plastic?....................i think it's amazing and it's lasted over 2 years and there's literally almost ZERO cosmetic flaws, no bumps, no scratches etc. etc. and its been knocked around a bit. solid axe honestly.

If it feels and plays great for you, then that's what is most important, so that's great to hear! It just felt too different for me, and now that you mention the whole indestructible "tank" aspect of it, that probably explains a lot of what I was feeling.

It probably has a really heavy, durable clear coat finish on it that has been protecting it, which is very different from my other guitars. My Jackson for example has a very light clear coat (or whatever the official term is for what they finish guitars with) and It dings/scratches pretty easily if I'm not careful.

That probably has a lot to do with how the guitar feels, and is probably why it felt odd to me. (I've had the Jackson for 6 years now so I'm pretty comfortable with it lol)

Yeah, I dont know if you have tried any of the USA models but I have tried a lot of Jacksons and from what I have played, the USA models are fucking amazing (super expensive though :( ) but most all of their low and mid priced guitars are pretty much garbage for the price. The quality difference between their USA guitars and their Imports is very very different, almost like 2 different companies. Even the RR24 didn't really live up to my expectations for a $1,000+ guitar, the ebony fretboard wasn't that nice and the plastic inlays just looked stupid

I think ESP's price/quality ratio is very great.

I wish I had a better camera to show you guys some of the intense little details on my USA soloist. The inlays, the fretboard wood, and just the grain of the wood are some of the best I've seen in person.

need pinky finger exercises!!!!
i tend to press it in a weird angle different to the others..