Guitar Player's Thread

I've found a used 6505 head for sale for 650€ ($935 or 585£).

I'm planning to buy a cab for it, probably a 2x12. Any ideas ?

They are really that expensive over there!? That sucks, You can find them here for like $550-$700 normally. :(

Ive got a mesa 2x12 with vintage 30s

Got it used for like 300 I think. Sounds great!

Probably would be much more expensive in Europe.

I guess you guys get engl and marshall at a sweet price, and we get mesa and peaveys :lol:

Thanks Muffin and snowy! :)

No I didn't buy EZD. I just seemed to have a universally functional EZD version with serials and patch on my computer. I haven't tried to crack it yet though, since I can't even run it :lol:

Yeah I had the same universial version. it doesnt run on Mac :lol:
trust me , I tried it for hours,days.

Hey you guys,

I thought why not ask people who play bodom too (I know this is Off-topic section but fuck that shit) about learning sweep picking. I find it very hard and made a video of my very first sweeping, or at least an attempt to. I'd like to know your opinions and the reason I'm posting this is because I'm not quite sure if I'm putting the technique correctly. I don't want to go further on this technique and finding out later I do it wrong and I can start all over again.. :loco:

Here's a vid of it, first the speed I play it on and then the speed it is supposed to be and where I won't be at soon but just for an impression:

Thanks in advance,

Oh and btw, I know this isn't very clean and the bends aren't right, I only do the same sweep while there are more blabla I know it's just to see if I'm doing this correctly. If you want a cleaner version of SNBN from me just look it up on my account I have recorded it last month or so but it's without sweeps but with a half-decent solo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey you guys,

I thought why not ask people who play bodom too (I know this is Off-topic section but fuck that shit) about learning sweep picking. I find it very hard and made a video of my very first sweeping, or at least an attempt to. I'd like to know your opinions and the reason I'm posting this is because I'm not quite sure if I'm putting the technique correctly. I don't want to go further on this technique and finding out later I do it wrong and I can start all over again.. :loco:

Here's a vid of it, first the speed I play it on and then the speed it is supposed to be and where I won't be at soon but just for an impression:

Thanks in advance,

Oh and btw, I know this isn't very clean and the bends aren't right, I only do the same sweep while there are more blabla I know it's just to see if I'm doing this correctly. If you want a cleaner version of SNBN from me just look it up on my account I have recorded it last month or so but it's without sweeps but with a half-decent solo.

I suggest you don't roll the index finger when playing the major arpeggio at 0:28, which repeats continously. Also, your right hand sweeps in diagonal. It's alot better picking perpendicular to the strings.

and his vibrato while letting a tone ring is pretty bad. You should serioulsy pratice those things first before trying sweeps.

and his vibrato while letting a tone ring is pretty bad. You should serioulsy pratice those things first before trying sweeps.

My vibrato is fine actually (I think). I just had a bad vibrato because doing the normal parts slowly are kinda confusing and when you make a minor mistake doing it slow it sounds even worse when I speed it up. Check the other Silent Night Bodom Night cover I have to see for yourself :oops:

:lol: wat?

seriously ,that 13 year old kid is right, sweeping is not the most hardest or important thing, but if you havent even reached the level where you're able to play songs slower and it doesnt affect your playing, you should sort that problem out first.

I just practised this solo too..
I have never dealt with the sweep techniques before so this part is hard for me too.

Do you guys have a tip? I know there is no magic cure expect practising but perhaps you have a good tab (or link) which is easy to learn for sweep-noobs like me :p

Word.
yea, the dude with the 3string sweep idea couldn´t BE more right. You gotta to do the eazy way first, and when you get that down, go for the 6 or 5 string shit. that´s what I did it anyway..Try A-minor 3-string like, 14th on g 13th on b,12th on e and a hammer-on on 17th of the e and backwards.

Answer by A. Laiho

Well there you have it fanboys, your lord and saviour himself decended down upon this forum and shared his holy knowledge on sweeping, now do as he commands and dare not come back untill you nail it, for the lord he has spoken.

start mega-slowly and with 3 string patterns like snbn, and (cliche) play it over and over again, its like any other technique, rake the pick parallel and palm mute a bit to avoid string ringing.
actually laiho sweeping is really good to practise this technique, use any if his patterns first 3 string, then 4 then 5 then 6, again, the process is long.
i used to sweep like u but with time i now sweep snbn like warheart lol..
ps try and hold the pick like (dont know how to describe it) paul gilbert or laiho , pg explains it on a vid..