Guitar Player's Thread

Uh-huh, and would you care to elaborate on this, seeing as you started the topic? What advantages does closed have, feks

well the only thing I like about closed is that it feels much easier to hit notes more loudly and clearly (sounds more paul gilbert sounding), it's not as easy to pick fast though, I think.

New song =D .... well sorta

and also

So I'm wondering why this concert was only a week or two ago, and Michael isn't using his signature model. Wtf?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got logic express 8 on my iMac. I have only rendered our studio files through it...can't understand it for anything :lol: Link me to a quick tutorial or something to get started...I can't be arsed to google or youtube it now to see all those 100000000000 hits.

wat?
you want me to do that search you dont want to do?:lol:
I could explain some of the features but I really cant be arsed to write that shit down.

Examples of my questions:

Where do i configure that the playback will reset to the marker after stopping?
Where do i find my VST effects and use them?
What the fuck is the start record called in the hotkey thingy? I tried configuring record and it just arms the track for recording.
Why does it feel so clumsy and hard to use Logic after i've used Reaper? :lol:

Anyway, I'm having problems getting EZD + DKFH to work. Reaper can't find it although I installed and in Logic I haven't even found the VST effects yet :lol:

Examples of my questions:

Where do i configure that the playback will reset to the marker after stopping?
Where do i find my VST effects and use them?
What the fuck is the start record called in the hotkey thingy? I tried configuring record and it just arms the track for recording.
Why does it feel so clumsy and hard to use Logic after i've used Reaper? :lol:

Anyway, I'm having problems getting EZD + DKFH to work. Reaper can't find it although I installed and in Logic I haven't even found the VST effects yet :lol:

You sure that the .dll/vst files from ezd/dkfh are in the default vst folder? Try doing a search for the vst files and adding the folder they're in, using the "Add FX to -> Options -> FX Plugin settings -> VST - Add..", it's usually the issue when i cant find effects or virtual instruments in Reaper.

Does Logic even support VST?

No.
It supports AU's

PLEASE try the ''help'' button before posting such questions.

Anyone of the Toneport users around here have any good patches for rhythm (maybe leads too) tones?

I've tweaked my ass off and seems like I can't get a good one out of it?

Here's a clip of a somewhat of a test recording/tonetest of my current patc. Did EQ it quite a lot though. http://www.sendspace.com/file/6mpi4p

:lol: I was referring to the phenom's post. You were just the one who made me post because you considered that logic might not use or support VSTs. I didnt want to answer all this question tonight :D

But! For phenom:
If you scanned for all your plugins and if they are in your 'libary' (or whatever it is called) you can click on this little grey field above I/O on our channel strip and you can add effects etc(or more correctly, if you use the inserts you rather use ''dynamics'' instead of ''effects'' but you can also put your reverb via insert onto your channel) via the *inserts* by simply choosing your plugin (the logic plugins should be already in that libray and dont need to be scanned).
Another way is using the bus/aux for ''zumischeffekte'' :lol: like reverb and chorus and echo etc. That's pretty useful if you want to be able to add/reduce the effect to/from the signal you're sending through the bus with a channel fader.

You save ms punching stagedivers back off stage like Karl Sanders:kickass:

Wat? Is there vid of that?

Anyone of the Toneport users around here have any good patches for rhythm (maybe leads too) tones?

Here's a clip of a somewhat of a test recording/tonetest of my current patc. Did EQ it quite a lot though. http://www.sendspace.com/file/6mpi4p

Wow, that sounds pretty damn good! I can send you my presets, but either the amount of eq and effects is massive hence the tone or I don't think I can better your tone man.

you might want to try getting your hands on some new pickups if you can't find a good tone, what pups you using now? EMG's or similar?

Did you buy EZ Drummer? I never found a cracked version for mac :D

anyway here:

You just click the grey I/O thing (above you see the inserts and sends , i mentioned them in my post before)

Did you buy EZ Drummer? I never found a cracked version for mac :D

anyway here:

You just click the grey I/O thing (above you see the inserts and sends , i mentioned them in my post before)

http://forum.audionews.ru/

Join this site, EzD with all upgrade packs, VSTi, AU and RTAS, Superior Drummer 2.0 too

Great seeds. You need a invite though, i don't have any, but they publish a free invite code every 60 minutes, and if i understand correctly you'll at least be able to join at 1/1/2010

Totally worth it, great site

Thanks Muffin and snowy! :)

No I didn't buy EZD. I just seemed to have a universally functional EZD version with serials and patch on my computer. I haven't tried to crack it yet though, since I can't even run it :lol:

You can't get a good tone out of it because it's a piece of shit. It might be okay for beginners, but I own one too and the quality is terrible.

Wat? Is there vid of that?

No, he posted that on the nile forums, but he is right about that, people mess up his samples or effect pedals, one even destroyed a 19" computer monitor, one even snapped a neck of some very expensive guitar..
Karl's pretty lulzy sometimes when he talks about stuff like that.

I did see nergal kicking someones ass off stage live though, when climbing up he hit his mic stand.

I've found a used 6505 head for sale for 650€ ($935 or 585£).

I'm planning to buy a cab for it, probably a 2x12. Any ideas ?