Guitar Player's Thread

Now I have the feeling I wanna cut my hands off. Look at those shredders going improvisation on a backing track.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1XfW7Hw-PQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1XfW7Hw-PQ[/ame]

oh my god herman li is a fucking idiot

and that stuff was cool i suppose, that second guy sounds a lot like guthrie govan..except not nearly as good :p and seriously i thought the last guy was the worst one out of the three

Ya, the last sounded different..a bit sloppy too, but I can't do better so I might as well say he's good.

any cool ways to play jannes keyboard solo to aces high bars 80 81 (first and second) on guitar??

oh my god herman li is a fucking idiot

and that stuff was cool i suppose, that second guy sounds a lot like guthrie govan..except not nearly as good :p and seriously i thought the last guy was the worst one out of the three

I thought the guy singing at the end was by far the coolest.

start mega-slowly and with 3 string patterns like snbn, and (cliche) play it over and over again, its like any other technique, rake the pick parallel and palm mute a bit to avoid string ringing.
actually laiho sweeping is really good to practise this technique, use any if his patterns first 3 string, then 4 then 5 then 6, again, the process is long.
i used to sweep like u but with time i now sweep snbn like warheart lol..
ps try and hold the pick like (dont know how to describe it) paul gilbert or laiho , pg explains it on a vid..

riiiiiight.

Call me crazy, but I'm skeptical. :rolleyes:

3 years, and say 3 hours non stop, used to practise like crazy though

I extremely doubt you can sweep as well Mitch (Warheart), even if it's just on SNBN.

Prove me wrong, show us all an example of you playing, I'm interested.

EDIT: That said, I agree with what Zakk said about sweeping. It's abused and overrated as a technique.

dudes, i need advice. washburn ps 7200,price at nearest guitar shop is 640 $ but they don't have it in stock,so i can't try it out. Anyone has exp with it ? Is the neck thick like les pauls,is it heavy ? etc.

I extremely doubt you can sweep as well Mitch (Warheart), even if it's just on SNBN.

Prove me wrong, show us all an example of you playing, I'm interested.

This.

@Charli: There's no fucking way you sweep as clean as Mitch seeing the kind of questions and behaviour you've had since you joined, but please do try to prove me wrong if you belive you do.

ok ill try and make a vid but my dig camera is broken ... i may be able to record with my phone though...

3 years, and say 3 hours non stop, used to practise like crazy though

I remember the first year I played guitar, I was binded to it. I was sleeping and dreaming with it, I was playing about 10-12 hours per day and I was eating with it...till science and my keyboard combobreaked my guitar-playing hour combo.