Guitar Player's Thread

I'm not being funny or anything, but it really makes me wonder how dedicated someone is to actually get something on this damn forum, when you can't even appreciate my effort of uploading 30+ pics by downloading them individually. If you wanted them that badly, you'd do it yourself instead of sitting around for a few hours waiting for someone else to make some effort, when in that time, you could have had them all!!!

It was nice of Vikk to be helpful, but it won't change anyone's view of things. If I wanted to create the minimal amount of work for everyone, I would have put them all in a rar myself.

It was nice of Vikk to be helpful, but it won't change anyone's view of things. If I wanted to create the minimal amount of work for everyone, I would have put them all in a rar myself.
I still dont find an explanation why you uploaded them each individually. All of us had extra work. Well, I dont want to accuse you. It was nice that you shared the stuff. I'd probably do the same and I would think that at least a "thank you" is adequate.

If you wanted them that badly, you'd do it yourself instead of sitting around for a few hours waiting for someone else to make some effort, when in that time, you could have had them all!!!
Which isn't the case. I probably won't check them in near future. and I wasnt bored enough to download all of them when I could avoid that work.

I guess we have different understatement of the internet and of men in general. Why does somebody commit a crime and upload warez or illegal music for people he won't ever get to know? I dont give a fuck about people to who I won't ever bond with.
I don't need to share my private life in the internet, I prefer to spend my small amount of time with other things.

I still dont find an explanation why you uploaded them each individually. All of us had extra work. Well, I dont want to accuse you. It was nice that you shared the stuff. I'd probably do the same and I would think that at least a "thank you" is adequate.

Which isn't the case. I probably won't check them in near future. and I wasnt bored enough to download all of them when I could avoid that work.

I guess we have different understatement of the internet and of men in general. Why does somebody commit a crime and upload warez or illegal music for people he won't ever get to know? I dont give a fuck about people to who I won't ever bond with.
I don't need to share my private life in the internet, I prefer to spend my small amount of time with other things.

Ha, extra work. What's that, an extra two minutes out of your precious small amount of spare private life. Think of how much I went through to get to this point. I didn't just download that shit off the net, I fucking typed every single note. You say you don't understand why the individual pics, well why do people post individual pictures of bands? Pets? Christmas? holidays on forums like this? Because it makes the damn post more appealling and easier to look at. I don't see people in the COB Pics thread uploading rar files of their photos, yet sleeper666 will post 30 pics in one post and everyone has to make the "effort" to download them, I don't see any complaining in there?

And if you're not going to look at my workout stuff in the near future, then I'd prefer it if you deleted it. I uploaded it for those who need and want it, next time, I won't bother.

thank you mitch, i really admire youre playing , your writing and your will to help us stupid noobs

EDIT you sould post videos of ur own songs

Wow, you sure are one gigantic dickhead. Mitch uploaded the tabs for everyones joy and usefulness here. Not to make us annoyed. HOW FUCKING LAZY ARE YOU?

I just record things for the final take that are just waaayy to difficult too actually play live or even for a YouTube vid!! I might try relearning one though, see how I get on.

I'm currently practising the sweeps from a Rusty Cooley song called Piece Of Mind. He does a quick hammer-pull off thing at the start and end of every arpeggio and it sounds great!!

00:40-01:04.

I need to get back into sweep picking again, I just re-set up my guitar so the action is as low as possible!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not being funny or anything, but it really makes me wonder how dedicated someone is to actually get something on this damn forum, when you can't even appreciate my effort of uploading 30+ pics by downloading them individually. If you wanted them that badly, you'd do it yourself instead of sitting around for a few hours waiting for someone else to make some effort, when in that time, you could have had them all!!!

I'm sorry Mitch, but I don't think any of us meant it the wrong way, it's just that it makes it easier to get at once. E.g. the files themselves are quite small so it wouldn't take long downloading, but my computer takes a lot of time to open the download box thingie from Firefox and opening it once instead of 20 or so for each file was quite a help. And that doesn't take the interest away, at least not for me. I've started working on them already, and I'm planing on going through all of them. Right now I'm working on the alternate picking ones and going through all the times you have written down there and, where I can, going a bit further. Which brings me to, out of curiosity, to where do you get now on the exercises on the first sheet of alternate picking?

I can't even play my own songs!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I don't belive that :)

I just record things for the final take that are just waaayy to difficult too actually play live or even for a YouTube vid!! I might try relearning one though, see how I get on.

I'm currently practising the sweeps from a Rusty Cooley song called Piece Of Mind. He does a quick hammer-pull off thing at the start and end of every arpeggio and it sounds great!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC2UkdoJ2k8

00:40-01:04.

I need to get back into sweep picking again, I just re-set up my guitar so the action is as low as possible!!

You're practising THAT???? Fuck, I wouldn't know where to begin with all those! :lol:

I'm sorry Mitch, but I don't think any of us meant it the wrong way, it's just that it makes it easier to get at once. E.g. the files themselves are quite small so it wouldn't take long downloading, but my computer takes a lot of time to open the download box thingie from Firefox and opening it once instead of 20 or so for each file was quite a help. And that doesn't take the interest away, at least not for me. I've started working on them already, and I'm planing on going through all of them. Right now I'm working on the alternate picking ones and going through all the times you have written down there and, where I can, going a bit further. Which brings me to, out of curiosity, to where do you get now on the exercises on the first sheet of alternate picking?

I wouldn't be able to say about the speeds, but I will give them a go tomorrow and write them on the page and take another pic, it'd be easier than writing down 30 different speeds in just text format!!

Just downloading them practise sheets. Thanks Mitch and Vikk!

No worries.

Hey Mitch, do you have those in a gp format by any chance? I would much appreciate it :)

I don't, unfortunately. I do have them in powertab, but I don't have access to my hard drive.

Would anyone be interested in some random sweep practice stuff? Most of it is hand written because I can't find my damn sheet!! But there are a few other bits that might come in handy, I have a huge folder full of the stuff.