Guitar Player's Thread

geez, didn't you read anything from the last 2 pages? :p

Tbh, no, I just kinda scimmed through everything without paying much attention.

I don't, unfortunately. I do have them in powertab, but I don't have access to my hard drive.

Would anyone be interested in some random sweep practice stuff? Most of it is hand written because I can't find my damn sheet!! But there are a few other bits that might come in handy, I have a huge folder full of the stuff.

That sucks, I hate powertab :(

But yeah, I could use some sweep practice.

Some feedback would be welcome for this song I've been working on.
Tab

Theres a couple of parts that I'm still thinking of keyboard parts for but apart from that I'm pretty happy with it.

Derp

:kickass: Very awesome, fast paced and made of win. And I am sooooo jealous of yours and everyone else here's shredding skills. whooshwhoosh

I'd like this opportunity to shamelessly plug a song I've done too; pretty shit compared to what some of you lot can write but I really like how it turned out :D

http://midishrine.com/midi/32545.mid
(1. right click/save as, 2. open midifile with media player, 3. ?????, 4. profit)

I wouldn't be able to say about the speeds, but I will give them a go tomorrow and write them on the page and take another pic, it'd be easier than writing down 30 different speeds in just text format!!

Yep, thanks a lot for it :)

Would anyone be interested in some random sweep practice stuff? Most of it is hand written because I can't find my damn sheet!! But there are a few other bits that might come in handy, I have a huge folder full of the stuff.

I am, quite a lot, and I will download them page by page this time :p

Some feedback would be welcome for this song I've been working on.
Tab

Theres a couple of parts that I'm still thinking of keyboard parts for but apart from that I'm pretty happy with it.

Derp

I likes. The first riff and all it's variations, as well as the pre-verse, is really cool. I quite enjoyed the "Tech" bit (good luck and my most sincere congrats if you can play all that!), but I somehow feel the Main Riff lacks something. It feels kinda weak in front of the rest. If something else has to go on top or vocals or whatever or you have played it at home and sounds much nicer on actual guitar then nothing to say.

I enjoyed it quite a bit overall :)

Here's tonight's attempt before I got bored!

- I can't do chromatics very quick...
- I can't do repeat phrases very well...
- I'm not too good at the pedal tone licks...

All the phrases in the middle I got to 90, I just didn't want to write it for EVERY one. I could got higher, but my sister went to bed so I had to stop!

Seems like all the things I'm good at are PG/Laiho licks....:lol:.

1zd3asj.jpg

Does anyone have any 8 finger tapping excercises for guitar pro? I want to try learning =]

Did you try searching for Chris Broderick's Betcha can't play this?

Same for me Mitch. There's some sweep patterns I just can't play because it involves badass finger rolling like Becker. There's also some kind of wierd alternate picking patterns I can't descend/ascend rapidly like Loomis.

Did you try searching for Chris Broderick's Betcha can't play this?

Same for me Mitch. There's some sweep patterns I just can't play because it involves badass finger rolling like Becker. There's also some kind of wierd alternate picking patterns I can't descend/ascend rapidly like Loomis.

What kind of sweep patterns? I might have some things that can help. I will write out my old sweep picking practice routine too, and it's sure to help, because it's not for the faint hearted...

The patterns Jason did are the easiest, most standard way!!! That is like a perfect thing to practice once you've got all the shapes down. If you post tabs, I can correct/advise...

What kind of sweep patterns? I might have some things that can help. I will write out my old sweep picking practice routine too, and it's sure to help, because it's not for the faint hearted...

E||----------------10---------------|
B||-------------10----10------------|
G||----------11----------11---------|
D||-------12----------------12------|
A||--9-12----------------------12-9-|
E||---------------------------------|

and

E||-----------------14-19-14------------------|
B||--------------15----------15---------------|
G||-----------16----------------16------------|
D||--------16----------------------16---------|
A||--14-17----------------------------17-14---|
E||-------------------------------------------|

and

E||-----------------10-15-10----------------||
B||--------------12----------12-------------||
G||-----------12----------------12----------||
D||--------12----------------------12-------||
A||--10-14----------------------------14-10-||
E||-----------------------------------------||

but the 2 last ones aren't that bad.

The patterns Jason did are the easiest, most standard way!!! That is like a perfect thing to practice once you've got all the shapes down. If you post tabs, I can correct/advise...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ags2py

I use this tab for the Serrana arpeggios... it looks easier than what he plays.

For the first shape, it's missing a note...I can say that Jason never used THAT pattern. He always had a pull off on the high E.

The intro to Serrana is:

E---------------------------------------------10h14/17p14------14--
B--------------10-15p10--------------------10------------15--15---
G-----------11----------11---------------11----------------14-----
D--------12---------------12-----------12--------------------------
A---9h12--------------------12p9----12----------------------------
E-10----------------------------------------------------------------

I play the first three notes like this, though:

A-------12--
E-10h14----

Or you could even play it in 5th position, if you wanted to, using the third shape you wrote.

For your second shape, that's the way I play it, but Yngwie & Jason would play it:

E-------------14-19p14---------------
B-----------15---------15-------------
G---------16-------------16-----------
D---12h16------------------16p12-----
A-14------------------------------14--
E-------------------------------------

And your third shape is my favourite!! :lol: My mate never used to be able to do that either, but I've always found it the easiest...

If you want an alternative, try...

E---------------------------------
B-------------15-20p15-----------
G-----------16---------16---------
D---------17-------------17-------
A-------17-----------------17-----
E-15h19----------------------19---

And I don't have GP on this laptop, so can't open any GP files at all!!

Well wow!! The first two ones owns!!!!!Thanks again Mitch!

If you want an alternative, try...

E---------------------------------
B-------------15-20p15-----------
G-----------16---------16---------
D---------17-------------17-------
A-------17-----------------17-----
E-15h19----------------------19---

Even harder :zombie: I'll just tune my guitar to EADG#BE.:lol:

And I don't have GP on this laptop, so can't open any GP files at all!!

I can always post in ASCII! lawl.

Well wow!! The first two ones owns!!!!!Thanks again Mitch!

Even harder :zombie: I'll just tune my guitar to EADG#BE.:lol:

I can always post in ASCII! lawl.

Oh good stuff! When I saw that first shape, I was like ":zombie:".

Even harder you say? You should try Jason's sweep rendition of the Canon in D progression, although he plays it in G. It's 6 string shapes, 16th notes, about 240bpm. :lol:

And you can post ASCII if you want, I have no other choice!

Right, a few wrong positions, a few wrong slides, a few wrong fingerings!!

Tomorrow, I will take photos of my tab the way Jason played it, transcribed by Toni Lloret, and post it, but for now...

Bar 1: You know...
Bar 2: 15 is not a slide to 19, the F# is played on the high E, 14th fret. Then, the F# on the A string, 21st fret is played 16th fret D string.
Bar 3: Fine
Bar 4: They are pull offs, not slides.
Bar 5: First shape is fine, second shape is played the same way as I described in bar 2.
Bar 6: Totally wrong. It's A major, but Jason played it a shape up, so 17th position, down to 12th position, then down to 9th position.
Bar 7: Fine.
Bar 8: Fine.
Bar 9: Fine.
Bar 10: Fine, except that Bmin is played the way I told you, in my other post.
Bars 11, 12 & 14 are all correct notes, but the shapes are wrong. 11 & 12 are the same shapes as the Bmin in bar 10...bar 14 is same as bar 2.

Try editing that in GP and it'll be alot easier!!

Right, a few wrong positions, a few wrong slides, a few wrong fingerings!!

Tomorrow, I will take photos of my tab the way Jason played it, transcribed by Toni Lloret, and post it, but for now...

Bar 1: You know...
Bar 2: 15 is not a slide to 19, the F# is played on the high E, 14th fret. Then, the F# on the A string, 21st fret is played 16th fret D string.
Bar 3: Fine
Bar 4: They are pull offs, not slides.
Bar 5: First shape is fine, second shape is played the same way as I described in bar 2.
Bar 6: Totally wrong. It's A major, but Jason played it a shape up, so 17th position, down to 12th position, then down to 9th position.
Bar 7: Fine.
Bar 8: Fine.
Bar 9: Fine.
Bar 10: Fine, except that Bmin is played the way I told you, in my other post.
Bars 11, 12 & 14 are all correct notes, but the shapes are wrong. 11 & 12 are the same shapes as the Bmin in bar 10...bar 14 is same as bar 2.

Try editing that in GP and it'll be alot easier!!

:worship: worked great!
I don't know how to pay it back...