Guitar Player's Thread

isnt an equalizer meant to make all parameters go "equal" :lol:

0big.jpg

to whoever is using the economy picking or whatever and not using alternate@

please learn how to use alternate at all times, it's very important to have precise alternate picking, you'll fuck up everything if you don't know how to be precise with it in the beginning. i only downpicked for the first year i played and had to re-learn how to do everything

Learn both. In some music (thrash for example) you have to use downpicking in some riffs, because otherwise it doesn't have the same aggression/feel to it.

But i alternate pick as much as possible.

Heres a video clip from a few months ago.
It has pretty bad sound or maybe its just my playing :lol: I don't know.
Its the solo from Caleb by Sonata Arctica.

Last edited by a moderator:
No.
You have never used such a thing right?
Short: Eqs are used to cut/boost the frequencies which you want to be erased/lowered or louder.

:lol: course i have... i have an eq pedal but the name is ironic just kidding :)

Okay just took this out of my Jackson and I'm doing a special offer on the bodom forums before I put this on ebay.

Jackson J-50BC pickup with charvel pickup cover and correct sized pickup ring.

This pickup has served me well but it's time for change.

This pickup looks like total shit but works awesome. Its got some slight corrosion on the poles and on the back and the paint on the charvel logo is worn down on the cover

$20 plus shipping

Offer is good until next Friday the 22nd and then i'm putting it on ebay

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

Wow, then you're damn good with mixing and all dude :lol: How's band coming along?
I just made sure things weren't super weird then i clipped then limited the dick out of it.

Shit good. I just got offered to do the latest tour with EMmure and Terror with this band called Blood Runs Thick. Most typical straight edge hardcore ever but it'd be cool. Guitar of course.

I think i'm going to pass though and really crank down with the band, finish the album and get a summer tour in play.

how easy is it to put in a pickup by yourself? or, how much would it cost someone to put one in usually? i might be interested... dunno though. could you give a Little review of it?

pretty easy brah, but you need a soldering kit and you should practice on wires and junk beforehand. Get the diagrams and let it rip. Just make sure you don't apply heat to the pots for too long, or they'll start warping and make shit noises when you OPERATE them.

Learn both. In some music (thrash for example) you have to use downpicking in some riffs, because otherwise it doesn't have the same aggression/feel to it.

But i alternate pick as much as possible.

yeah dude seriously down picking does have its use. I've heard people try to say NO BRAH YOU CAN GET THE SAME DYNAMICZ ALTERNATE PICKIN AITE but it just really isn't true, on some of those heavy crunch or thrash riffs the best way to really get that crunch and heavyness is by downpicking. I know I've written a lot of riffs for my thrash band and some of them I was just too lazy to practice downpicking so I alternate picked them for a while and it just didn't sound nearly as heavy, now I can downpick most riffs that I want to emphasize like that and they sound way more badass. Why neglect to learn a technique? Practice alternate picking on some stuff and then downpicking on others, it can't be wrong to know 2 things and use them wherever you see fit.

Heres a video clip from a few months ago.
It has pretty bad sound or maybe its just my playing :lol: I don't know.
Its the solo from Caleb by Sonata Arctica.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxVngrVA-3E

Sounds pretty nice playingwise, but try to get better sound next time :lol:

I just made sure things weren't super weird then i clipped then limited the dick out of it.

Shit good. I just got offered to do the latest tour with EMmure and Terror with this band called Blood Runs Thick. Most typical straight edge hardcore ever but it'd be cool. Guitar of course.

I think i'm going to pass though and really crank down with the band, finish the album and get a summer tour in play.

Looking good! Well, whatever floats your boat, but as a fan I like that of passing and finishing the album, I'm eagerly awaiting it :lol:

^you can get the same sound if you're really choppy with your alternate picking, but I guess you haven't reached that level of alternate picking, now have you?

Sure, that's why Gary Holt (tell me that you pick better than he does) does use downpicking in some quite tricky riffs that would turn into nothing when alternate-picking them, because they sound exactly the same.

But as always, prove it and I'll belive :)

Sure, that's why Gary Holt (tell me that you pick better than he does) does use downpicking in some quite tricky riffs that would turn into nothing when alternate-picking them, because they sound exactly the same.

Gary Holt? are you kidding me? Do you even know what's a guitar chop?

I think you highly underestimate the power of the down pick

Who said I don't know how to down pick?