Guitar Player's Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEpst3W6KD8

learning this now. Fucking love the main riff

Aha, now I know from where came the Tele love you've developed lately :lol:

Can't see the link as I'm not on Gaybook. :heh:

Join the dark side :lol: It's not that bad actually.

Y.

And upon further news of my JE-1000, it finally works, thanks to Nazgul! The J-50BC I had in my RR didn't have all the wires for some reason, so I had to strip the J-50BC out of my BC Rich and swap them over.

I've just put on my DR strings, 11-50 and the tension is too high for the spring settings, but I can't screw them in any further because they won't budge, so now I'm about to go and use a drill and see if I can get them deeper. JE-1000 sounds AMAZING. :oops:

Great to know! Btw, seeing as you have different guitars and pickups, did your Pandora tone sound a bit different with each? Becuse I copied the exact same settings but I think the extra gain from the 81 and the "block" sound that Muffin talks about and which is true kinda takes off part of that "clean and clear" feel your tone has. Gonna try tomorrow with my brother's crappy Strat copy, because that one has passives, even if they are cheap so signal won't be as thick and distorted.

WTF? The first one is a fake, right?

arvoitus has one for sale atm!

And what settings did you have that red thing on? I had a little tone test, and I prefer the sound of all 3 down!!

And I just had a heart attack!! I put my DR 11-50 strings on the RR and the bridge is fucked, so I need to adjust the screws, but they won't go any further in the guitar, unlike my Ibanez, for example. So, being a silly bugger with no other choice, I decided to drill the holes deeper, but because the holes are in such an awkward place and the drill is large, I had to do them at an angle, which caused the damn drill bit to snap INSIDE the guitar!!!! I had to use a larger piece to drill round the edge and then hold the guitar upright and shake it until it fell out.

Then...I did it again on the other hole with a larger drill bit and it happened again. :lol: This one was stuck deeper, but I managed to get it out and now the screws go in further, so THANK GOD!! I thought I'd proper fucked it up. :cry:

You are crazy man! I'm not even confident enought to take out the pickup myself and put a new one in and you're drilling all over your guitar! :lol:

I know! I did it once and though "yep, should have expected that!!", I just don't know how I went on to do it again. But I just had a tinker with it and because of the wonky screws, it's actually jammed that metal plate thing that holds the springs in a good place and it won't budge, sooooo MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!

It's now in D, lovely low action and an orgasmic tone.

wtf ur crazy dude :lol: i dont have the balls to do that myself, my teacher does it everytime.
btw, how difficult is it riding a kawasaki? somebody told me theyre too heavy and u loose a lot of balance and shit...

The Emperion Norax 7 is nice but I'm a bit skeptic since the body is Alder.

What the hell? Alder is one of the best tonewoods you can buy, the most expensive Jacksons have Alder bodies, the Ibanez JEM has an Alder body, American Fender Stratocasters have Alder bodies.

You really can't go wrong with Alder or Mahogany... In fact most people consider Alder to be preferable over Mahogany.

What the hell? Alder is one of the best tonewoods you can buy, the most expensive Jacksons have Alder bodies, the Ibanez JEM has an Alder body, American Fender Stratocasters have Alder bodies.

You really can't go wrong with Alder or Mahogany... In fact most people consider Alder to be preferable over Mahogany.

Yeah I know, My 2 previous guitars were Alder bodied. It just didn't cut it for me. I don't like light guitars and I think the sound was not deep enough and a tiny wee bit too bright.

Also, I don't like the JEM. Yeah I know...gay.

Not set in stone of course, but Alder is considered to be more of a "lead" tone wood, while Mahogany is considered to be more of a "rythm" tone wood, and i take it thats why Matias prefer the latter, as far as i've understood he emphasises a lot on rythm

I love both high-end guitars made of alder rock balls, but one of the reasons I love the way Gibsons sound is because they're made from mahogany. I'm more of a rhythm player so I'm wondering how this choice will turn out.

how better are those pups than blackouts or 81s?

Well they're passive, so less gain than Blackouts, which I've never tried, but the 81 is what I think came with the guitar, and I hated it. Too muddy. Blackout's seem to me like they have too much gain for my liking...I mean, listen to the tone of the latest stuff...

I posted a comparison clip of an EMG 81, SD blackout and a J50BC + Digitech Bad monkey .

J50BC had the best crunch and sounded less digital. Much more organic but it was the most 'dated' sounding one. I've had the J50BC in for a year and half now.

Did the 18V mod today, after a long times scepticism if its gonna be worth it or a noticeable effect.

It is noticeable.

And so worth it