Guitar Player's Thread

Recorded a bunch of vocals this weekend, Tried to catch my singer being retarded and crazy on camera as much as possible.
He wasn't just acting goofy for the camera, Sklar is 100% hyper and ridiculous all of the time.

Hope you get a few laughs :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the 18V mod today, after a long times scepticism if its gonna be worth it or a noticeable effect.

It is noticeable.

And so worth it

On the 81? Ok, I'm gonna try it, that many people can't be wrong :lol:

So it looks like the Alexi FIN guitar is becoming a mass-produced signature model now (Outside of the US)

EDIT: Also, a Black satin SV (1 bridge humbucker) with pearloid on the bevels. And a Sunburst SV in Purple and Black Cherry finishes.

http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11662

Cool! BTW, I think it was the Horizon III or something looks ugly as hell :erk:

Recorded a bunch of vocals this weekend, Tried to catch my singer being retarded and crazy on camera as much as possible.
He wasn't just acting goofy for the camera, Sklar is 100% hyper and ridiculous all of the time.

Hope you get a few laughs :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW_4bPbTqGU

GREAT! Sounding quite nice, any news on when can we expect something??? :D

Shit band is shit.

In all seriousness though, of all the great drummers on ut00b, why post the one who chose to cover a shit song that isn't even that impressive drumming wise?

Ok, maybe the song is by a band that most metal heads despise. But I think he's better than most people who post covers on youtube.

He has the whole "look cool while playing" Large but accurate arm movement thing going on. Which you don't see alot of drummers pull off and still get good tone.

You could say its lame but then you would also have to say like headbanging while playing guitar is lame too because its practically the same thing lol

Edit:
My Favorite Youtube Drummer

Hes a sick DM/BM drummer too

I wish I could play shit like that, my left foot is retarded and I cant get the blast groove going in my fingers

wikipedia says:
Zachary James Baker, (born December 11, 1981) better known by his stage name Zacky Vengeance, is the rhythm guitarist and backing vocalist for the American rock band Avenged Sevenfold. He was ranked as the 2nd best rhythm guitarist of all time in Kerrang! magazine.

of all time

New Arsis music video.

I laugh at all the metal elitists getting offended by the pink guitar, and missing the total tongue-in-cheek type of comedy to the visual concept. Some people, especially in metal, take things way too seriously and have little to no sense of humour.

New Arsis music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jYnXBwjG7k

I laugh at all the metal elitists getting offended by the pink guitar, and missing the total tongue-in-cheek type of comedy to the visual concept. Some people, especially in metal, take things way too seriously and have little to no sense of humour.

there are any good metal bands around that doesn't do scream/growl vocals? I'm looking some something like Phil Anselmo, just powerful normal voice.

there are any good metal bands around that doesn't do scream/growl vocals? I'm looking some something like Phil Anselmo, just powerful normal voice.

Barring the first album (which is still fucking leet) Mastodon have used a fair amount of clean vox on all their albums, and their harsh vocals aren't even normal screams/growls, really sludgy and harsh cleans for the most part. The newest one has no screams at all except for one song that has guest vocals.

If you don't mind power metal Gamma Ray are fucking leet.

People can (and probably will) argue with my own personal taste and opinion, but here are a few that I think you might like that fit that description, some (but hopefully not all) you may or may not already be familiar with:

The new Amoral album
Amorphis (they have both, but use a lot of clean vocals)
Devildriver (they're dirty vocals, but not quite growls, like you mentioned Phil Anselmo)
Evergrey
Death Angel
Diablo
Firewind
Galneryus
The new Katatonia album
High on Fire (same thing, vocally, as with Devildriver)
Zimmers Hole

I tried to avoid obvious ones you probably already know of, like Strato and Sonata and the like, but I've been bad with new music lately, so others might be able to help you more.