Guitar Player's Thread

She's apparently 15, so I don't think anyone is watching the video 'cause they think she's hot. Also, she's Australian.

I didn't think it was beyond incredible, but I never see women who can actually play guitar, and especially not any as young as this. I thought she did it pretty well. My apologies for wasting everyone's time, I guess? XD

Haha, well no guitar+girl topic is complete without the mention of Lori Linstruth

I always find her use of the floyd rose as the main vibrato very peculiar, but i do like the sound of it

Last edited by a moderator:
She's apparently 15, so I don't think anyone is watching the video 'cause they think she's hot. Also, she's Australian.

I didn't think it was beyond incredible, but I never see women who can actually play guitar, and especially not any as young as this. I thought she did it pretty well. My apologies for wasting everyone's time, I guess? XD

being young=/=an excuse for playing like a machine

Haha, well no guitar+girl topic is complete without the mention of Lori Linstruth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPG6H2_jpkQ

I always find her use of the floyd rose as the main vibrato very peculiar, but i do like the sound of it

hrm that is a bit weird, but it sounds unique I guess, adds a cool flair to it
and her sweeps are very clean.

Blackouts bitch!
DSC07485.jpg

That is a great song.

and I really hate Protest the Hero, but this music video is hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
rofl
I think he's a pretty good singer, and he has a normal voice, he just sings insanely high.

PtH ftw :kickass: Fortress has some of the best artwork in my cd collection.

and can someone tell me how to play fast, i can play exercises at 135bpm and im increasing every day, but i cant play any cob solos. i can play most songs except for the solo's. is this normal? and ive been playing for about 2 years now.
Ok, take this advice to heart:

Practice.

Discipline.

Patience.

This is what you will need if you are serious about becoming a clean and fast player. It will take lots of time and effort. Speed does not come over night, as many of the experienced guitarists will tell you.

Haha! I love the fact that you are spreading their talent around for others to enjoy :D

I agree with Swabs. The music is great, I just hate the vocals. Ruins it for me, personally.

And obviously tabbing it out yourself is always a great exercise as Mitch is of course well aware and greatly skilled at, but just in case you other dudes are interested in learning PtH's songs, the guitarists of the band actually took the time to tab out every song off the Fortress album themselves to ensure complete accuracy. They specifically wanted to do it themselves instead of have some bullshit big company like Hal Leonard put out another completely useless and inaccurate tab book.

@WildChildNumber2: Twisha is right. Follow her advice.