Guitar Player's Thread

Oh my god that mix is fucking killing my ears, awful cover, and there's no way in hell that is bodom. But i assume you're posting it as a joke

Because Youtube is obviously a place to look for quality performance. So yeah, that's not much of a praise if you ask me :p

Stop being sexist. Just because metal as a genre isn't abundant in female performers doesn't mean they can't do it. So I don't think the condescending attitude is worth anything.

No, but I can think of a handful of people on there who are pretty good at what they do, such as Mitch, Arkane, and Zakk. It's not like youtube is 100% full of bad guitar players so. And I'm not being sexist, I'm sure if you were to do a survey you would find that more guys are interested in playing guitar than girls. >.>

nah its not that lol, i seriously have no idea what its called, i just remember it WAS alexi singing and it sounded similar to there music from follow the reaper...

I bet he's talking about the trooper :rofl:

Emnatay, all those girl guitarists suck shit.

OH HI IMA GIRL AND I CAN PLAY SHITTY GUITAR LOOK

*plays*

= Recieve bacon

Not saying all girls are bad, but most of them. I still have a hardon for Lori.

I suppose. Anyways, I'm thinking of doing some Lady Gaga covers because all of the ones on youtube suck ass. Like really bad. Any advice for tuning and whatnot or anyone care to join or toss some ideas in there?

I suppose. Anyways, I'm thinking of doing some Lady Gaga covers because all of the ones on youtube suck ass. Like really bad. Any advice for tuning and whatnot or anyone care to join or toss some ideas in there?

i think this one is pretty cool, despite the metalcore prechorus

Last edited by a moderator:
Its alright I suppose, I just want to do something maybe instrumental or keep her voice on it atleast. I want it to still be very guitar oriented but have that epic sound that the original has. I don't just want to layer crunchy guitar onto it if you know what I mean. Didn't someone make tabs of her songs awhile back on here?

For the Dimension Pro Users:
I found a decent bass sound but the problem is that it doesn't play notes lower than the A on the open A-string. Is there a way to use the same bass sound and to have the lower notes?

I wanted to do a "cover" of a Gaga song, but playing the vocal melody on guitar. I've learnt loads of Madonna, Gaga etc and female pop songs and always thought it'd be cool to do.

I wanted to do a "cover" of a Gaga song, but playing the vocal melody on guitar. I've learnt loads of Madonna, Gaga etc and female pop songs and always thought it'd be cool to do.

You should sing man.. If this guy can get a contract with universal, you can sing on your own shit:

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm actually arranging that right now for Bad romance. I'm going to be playing it in D standard, if you would like to work on it with me it would be interesting :)

MCGS415B-xl-02.jpg

I just bought a Hercules GS145B *picture above* and i dont even know whether an Alexi 600 will fit on it. Can someone tell me if it will?