Guitar Player's Thread

:lol:
why dont ask the people at the shop? It's pretty stupid to buy something if you dont really know if you can use it.

I wanted to do a "cover" of a Gaga song, but playing the vocal melody on guitar. I've learnt loads of Madonna, Gaga etc and female pop songs and always thought it'd be cool to do.

I'm actually arranging that right now for Bad romance. I'm going to be playing it in D standard, if you would like to work on it with me it would be interesting :)

Do 'Telephone', it's fucking awesome.

I think this is one of the few good Lady Gaga covers:

Esecially the part at 2:30

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a finnish guitarist on youtube that does covers of pop songs, but only changes the instrumentation, leaving the original vocals.

He's also done a lot of Lady Gaga

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone please reply to that question above please, but also, how do I post pictures in a post? I already know how to get pics off the internet to appear in a post, but I wanna know how to get it off my computer and on to a post...

nah its not either of them... and im %100 sure it was bodom, the voice was alexi's, and the solo's sounded like alexi's... everyone that commented on it even said (i remember) 'omfg i have never heard this song before but it is now my favourite bodom song'...

If it's not one of these then it is not Bodom, no matter how sure you are it's Alexi singing. This are all the non-Bodom songs that Bodom's ever recorded, there are no more. They are pretty much in order from first to last recorded/released.

Mass Hypnosis (Sepultura)
Waiting (King Diamond)
No Comands (Stone)
Shot In The Dark (Ozzy)
Aces High (Iron Maiden)
Don't Stop At The Top (Scorpions)
Shot In The Dark (Ozzy)
Hellion (Wasp)
Latomeri (Klamydia)
Silent Scream (Slayer)
Somebody Put Something In My Drink (Ramones)
Bed Of Nails (Alice Cooper)
She Is Beautiful (AWK)
Oops I Did It Again (Britney Spears)
Rebel Yell (Billy Idol)
Talk Dirty To Me (Poison)
Looking Out My Back Door (Credence Clearwater Revival)
Ghostriders In The Sky (Stan Jones)
Just Dropped In (Kenny Rogers)
War Inside My Head (Suicidal Tendencies)
Hell Is For Children (Pat Benatar)
Antisocial (Anthrax)

Is here anybody who use native instruments? I've download around 55gig of bass, string and key instruments BEFORE I've installed kontakt 4 player (which you need to open the soundbanks). So I was on the native-instruments page, they send me a download link for the setup file and I downloaded it. The install goes fine but upon clicking the .exe file to run kontakt 4 player a windows application briefly flickers on the screen then vanishes, nothing being loaded.
They said on their page that it's for all OS including W7 x64 (which I use) and I can't use their support to ask what went wrong because it's only for the full version of this prog. Any ideas what I'm dping wrong? It would be really sad if I'd download the soundbanks for nothing...

Well I use Native Instruments stuff but I'm on a mac and I dont have any problems soo sorry I can't help you. You downloaded the samples illegaly or is this some free lite version?