Guitar Player's Thread

No idea. The ADA MP-1 goes for around $200-400 on Ebay which isn't that expensive but if I had the money and there was something I KNEW I wanted, then I'd go higher but since I don't know yet, then I'll probably just get something around that range because anything will be better than what I have now.

Damn right. I lose £200 of that to other shit so it's basically at least £600 so that's nearly enough for that RR24 already. :lol:

I need a better amp though but I don't know what to choose. I've never paid attention to buying amps or types or makes or models etc etc. I've considered Alexi's setup but I can't find a JE1000 and also PG's preamp but I'm not sure if I'd love it. Also, the amps that Muhammed uses sound cool but then again, it's all to do with guitars, pickups, technique, eq etc so it's a long process trying to find the tone you want.

If I found a JE1000, I'd just make Alexi's setup though.

That'd be awesome.If not Peavey 6505+ head is a really good option(120 watts valves amp with pretty good distortion),which you could combine with any speaker you want and a good effects pedal to get exactly the sound you want.It's not cheap(head price 1589 Euros,+ speaker + pedal it'd be over 2000 Euros,but it's worh the price,I can tell you).RR24 if it sounds more or less as good as it looks it will be awesome.when you have all the equipement let us hear something.

No idea. The ADA MP-1 goes for around $200-400 on Ebay which isn't that expensive but if I had the money and there was something I KNEW I wanted, then I'd go higher but since I don't know yet, then I'll probably just get something around that range because anything will be better than what I have now.

Cool. There are many good amps out there for various prices. I think Muhammad uses an ENGL setup which is bastard expensive, I was looking for an ENGL screamer like AlexiWilchild's but they come in around 500+... anyway just wanted to recommend Crate amps. They're highly underated but sound extremely good (at least imo;)) There going for good prices up on the bay. :)

just took a few pics of my guit...
u like it?
guit1.jpg

guit4.jpg

guit3.jpg

Says the guy with one in his avatar :p

j/k bro ;)

:lol: I actually noticed that just after posting, but i like that pic, just no the guitar. Dammit, now i have to change it anyway.

This might be old to some of you, but i just found out that Christian Müenzner's solos on Epitaph were recorded with a JEM.

children of COB said:
That'd be awesome.If not Peavey 6505+ head is a really good option(120 watts valves amp with pretty good distortion),which you could combine with any speaker you want and a good effects pedal to get exactly the sound you want.It's not cheap(head price 1589 Euros,+ speaker + pedal it'd be over 2000 Euros,but it's worh the price,I can tell you).RR24 if it sounds more or less as good as it looks it will be awesome.when you have all the equipement let us hear something.

I wouldn't really consider that at all really 'cause I share a room with my brother and there's literally no space for anything else. A head that size wouldn't fit and neither would a cab or anything. I think a rack type preamp would actually be my best bet right now so I can keep things small.

Although a rack case is probably around the same size as a head...

I dno, it's about the sound anyway so it'd be silly to push that idea aside. We'll see.

Earth Breather said:
damn, what do you do?

Work in a superstore, 8-5, Tues-Sat.

Pheonix said:
Cool. There are many good amps out there for various prices. I think Muhammad uses an ENGL setup which is bastard expensive, I was looking for an ENGL screamer like AlexiWilchild's but they come in around 500+... anyway just wanted to recommend Crate amps. They're highly underated but sound extremely good (at least imo) There going for good prices up on the bay.

Yeah, I've heard some good things about Crate and I know the Arch Enemy guys use 'em but I think I'd need to test something before I buy, especially something like that. With a rack preamp, it's more versatile with what type of sounds you can get without any additional pedals or anything so it's more appealing to me. I hate the way guys like Vai have fucking tonnes of different stuff all up on stage, even though I am a fan. I mean, excuse my fanboyism but PG had a scary tone back in '89 just from an ADA-MP1 straight from the factory and that's how I like it. Plug in and play.

the emptifier said:
yes Muhamed, uses an ENGL setup, expensive indeed. try getting like a peavey 5150 head, or 6505 whatever, then get a vader cabinet

Isn't that what every metal player wants these days? I see everyone mentioning them on other forums 'n' stuff.

inhe said:
I hate V's, so no

What about the WildChild Jackson?

inhe said:
This might be old to some of you, but i just found out that Christian Müenzner's solos on Epitaph were recorded with a JEM.

I think they all were, weren't they?

Yeah I think Muhammad mentions that they all played JEMS in the xiphos video on the ibanez website/Necrophagist myspace.

I've watched that vid like a million times, and i didn't notice that, i'll just look again now :lol:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all guitar solos were recorded with a JEM.

ANYWAY!!!

I'm thinking about ordering some CD's that I like but don't actually own. I was thinking of buying in bulk and ordering these:

Racer X - Street Lethal
Racer X - Second Heat
Racer X - Live Extreme Vol. 1
Necrophagist - Epitaph
Arsis - United in Regret

I also, at some point want to get:

All the other Racer X albums
All the other PG albums
Necrophagist - Onest...
Arsis - Celebration of Guilt
Some Yngwie albums...Maybe Fire and Ice first
Sinergy - To Hell and Back